Smyrna @ Siegel

milo118

I had the chance to sneak over and watch a little of this weeks practice when my sons middle school played (whooped ) Rock Springs. They look good and I don't think this will be close ... 42-00..... Dawgs dominate big in this game

Lol!! Doing a little scouting are we!!! Wish I could see some practices. Good news is if all goes well tomorrow I will be in town for this game. Go Dawgs!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good game for my Bulldogs last night! The first qtr Siegel came out and ran it down our throat. Had me worried for a bit. Then you could see the defense start to make adjustments. Coach Williams said it was the players who did that. Coaches didn't make any scheme changes. If that's the case then that is a sign of a really good defense. From the second qtr on they pitched a shutout. After Siegel scored I did not sense any panic. The O came out and answered. Moved the ball with ease the entire game. Turner, Watkins, Whittaker had some big numbers. But the number that stands out the most is the number 2. Our kicker Beaza had two TD saving tackles. He is Five foot nothing and probably weighs 120 pounds soaking wet. He stepped up with no fear a made some big tackles. Really proud of this team for stepping up and rallying after the loss of Perkins. Happy that the defense taking big steps each week and getting better. They are playing lights out.

As for Siegel the best phrase I can use is one dimensional. They can run it pretty dang good. Huge O-line. And they block pretty dang good. But when you get behind like they did last nightyou have to air it out. They can't do that. They didn't have an alternate plan last night. Siegel's defense played hard but couldn't stop the pass and had trouble tackling one on one in open field. Lots of work to be done. But as usual a Wyantt lead team played physical and with pride to last whistle.

Edited by milo118