Baylor at McCallie (The Rivalry Game You Tell Your Grandkids About)

Spartan4Life

Got to see this one. My first time watching this game on the McCallie campus. It wasn't nearly as exciting as the atmosphere on the Baylor campus imho. Of course McCallie dominating right off the bat took the excitement out of the air. I think McCallie exposed Baylor's glaring weakness which is their ability to stop the pass or runs outside. Baylor made some adjustments to get more athletic kids on the perimeter but it was too late. Baylor also isn't nearly as strong at the line backing core as they have been in the past. While I think Baylor is much better than they played they are not as good has they have been in the past. Too many weaknesses that can be exploited. McCallies line played much better than I thought they would and their Qb is the real deal.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With #12 getting hurt late (on a late cheap shot by McCallie on the last play of the game).

I was at the game and watched it again on TV and did not see any cheap shot at the end of the game.  I saw a Baylor QB trying to make a play (instead of just taking a knee) and I saw McCallie defenders tackle him.

Please tell me about the "cheap shot" as I must have missed it.  I'll go back and watch the replay again.

I was at the game and watched it again on TV and did not see any cheap shot at the end of the game. I saw a Baylor QB trying to make a play (instead of just taking a knee) and I saw McCallie defenders tackle him.

Please tell me about the "cheap shot" as I must have missed it. I'll go back and watch the replay again.

I was on the sideline at the game. I looked away when the quarterback was tackled. When I looked back I saw him hurt and that the officials had thrown a flag right where he was tackled. Mcallie then stormed the field while Baylor players took issue with a late hit on their QB. I asked several bystanders (non players or coaches )around what had happened and they said a McCallie player hit the QB after the play.

I did not see it myself as I looked away. However between multiple eyeballs confirming and the flag I saw was thrown right next to him with Baylor players taking issue it's safe to say that something illegal and probably dirty happened on the last play of the game.

The flag thrown on the final play was for a Baylor player (Walker Culver #58) shoving a McCallie player.  You can see it clearly on the replay.  There was no late hit on the Baylor QB that I can see.

What was unfortunate is McCallie shooting off the fireworks with the injured Baylor player lying on the ground.   But, once the fuse was lit, it was too late.

The flag thrown on the final play was for a Baylor player (Walker Culver #58) shoving a McCallie player. You can see it clearly on the replay. There was no late hit on the Baylor QB that I can see.

What was unfortunate is McCallie shooting off the fireworks with the injured Baylor player lying on the ground. But, once the fuse was lit, it was too late.

That's possibly true. I wasn't hung up on that anyways. The game was over. The quarterback is hurt. Senior quarterback Bryce Verble is back and healthy and it will be interesting if Baylor hands the reigns back over to him.

Spartan,  I love how you Baylor guys can't give Mccallie credit for their dominating win!  "Our guys weren't ready to play."   "Our senior QB is now back and healthy"  Claiming McCallie had a cheap shot on White on the last play.  Totally false.   "Baylor's worst game of the season"   I have had some Baylor people tell me the BA performance was just as bad if not worse because of turnovers.  I know its hard to admit but last year I simply said Baylor kicked our ******.  Will you man up and admit the table was turned this year?

Edited by MrFootballTime

Spartan, I love how you Baylor guys can't give Mccallie credit for their dominating win! "Our guys weren't ready to play." "Our senior QB is now back and healthy" Claiming McCallie had a cheap shot on White on the last play. Totally false. "Baylor's worst game of the season" I have had some Baylor people tell me the BA performance was just as bad if not worse because of turnovers. I know its hard to admit but last year I simply said Baylor kicked out ******. Will you man up and admit the table was turned this year?

Lol you did whoop Baylor just like Baylor whooped you last year. My point is that McCallie is not 35 points better than Baylor just like Baylor wasn't 24 points better last year. If they played again the game would be closer. Just like it would have been last year. That's my point. That night McCallie was way better. Just like last year Baylor was. I then gave reasons as to why McCallie got killed last year and why Baylor was killed this year.

Was Baylor better last year? Probably. Is McCallie better this year? Probably. But neither one of these teams were 20+ points better than the other. In rivalries anything can happen. That was my point.

And I'm a Webb Spartan. Not a Baylor Red Raider.

That is awesome that Knoxville Webb people are coming to the Baylor/McCallie game without a connection to either team. Better yet that one would stand on the sideline. Interesting I must say. The greatest difference in 2015 and 2016 was the execution by McCallie's offense and Ricky Ross.

Well when you're living in Chattanooga and love good football...sometimes you attended big time games in the area believe it or not.

I'm a former Webb player and still enjoy High school football. Do you need to know anything else?

What brought me to Chattanooga? UTC. Where I played a little ball there as well. I'm glad you support me attending games of schools not named Webb. It means a lot.

Edited by Spartan4Life