CAK at Clinton

Govolsknox

14 is the answer to both of your questions in my opinion.

Yes on all counts. The roster says 215ish I believe but he too looks to have added some good bulk. Yes, I was very nervous with him out there on mop up duty, but was also pleasantly surprised. It also was encouraging as far as his production when the other team virtually knew we were just handing it off to run the clock out. 9 is our best back, but with him playing so much defense now too and not spreading that out with 16, I think CCH has to think about using 43 some as well in the backfield. And it also adds a little change of pace although 9 is a better overall back. Still, a 225lb RB who can move and has some wiggle can give a defense fits, where he is bigger than the entire secondary, most of the LB's we will see, and some decent portion of the DL's we will see. Although we are not a power running team like say an Alcoa, they have made it very difficult on defenses who have to deal with the O line and then get a Tyson or Daryl Warren right behind them. Although 43 is not Tyson or Warren and not 230-240, he is still a load and not like anyone we've had in the backfield in a long time, maybe ever who was not a B back. Even Kolinsky just topped 200 SR year, as did Joseph Bennett, although Bennett had incredible speed and Kolinsky was a very complete back. It will be interesting to see if he gets more snaps. Had 31 stayed healthy, I would have projected him to earn more playing time with some injury issues and hesitation issues I've seen with an older back. 31 is going to be a special athlete before he is done. Of course, all of that and how well 9, 31, 32, 16, 42, 43, 25 and others will have a lot to do with whether we have a surrounding group to let them shine. Hate we lost last year's 5 to Farragut; I believe he would have added some real speed and depth to our backfield.

A quick question: If we were unfortunate and 12 went down for a concussion (God forbid) or longer, who do you think would be our "real" starter as QB this year. Also, not to be overly early, but do you have an opinion on who will likely get the starting position at QB next year?

Edited by Warriors2011

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic