Rhea County @ Cleveland

ADS1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense secondary is awful but that is no surprise they have been awful for last 3 years. Any team with a half way passing game has chance to beat rhea. A lot of times we find a way to win a turnover here or bad throw there but at end of the day our secondary is awful and it will cost us eventually maybe sooner than later with W V

Very lackluster performance tonight from Rhea County and a very gritty performance from the banged up Raiders. Your right CBRF, Cleveland wins tonight if at full strength.

I don't know what it is about that place but Rhea County hardly ever plays good @ Cleveland, I'm not crying about refs or none of that, I'm just saying they usually seem to play badly at Benny Monroe. Any long time Eagle fan knows this and while I am concerned with the Eagle's performance I wasn't surprised. Not the way you wanna play coming off a bye week for sure.

Some observations on tonight's game:

The Eagles were flat from the get go tonight and so was the Rhea crowd, I just don't understand how you are not up for Cleveland. I know Cleveland is athletic all over the field but Rhea looked and played slow the whole night. The fire just didn't seem to be there tonight - disappointing

IMO Rhea got out coached tonight, don't see that often but there was some questionable decisions made tonight mostly before the half. Also preparation was lacking this week, Cleveland was ready to play football tonight and the Eagles were not.

The secondary took a big step back tonight, don't understand this but it has to get fixed and soon.

Zach Pemberton continues to improve at QB, he completed some nice passes and is directing the offense well.

Eagles still playing sloppy and not taking care of the football and it almost cost them tonight. Gotta clean that up.

The bottom line is a win is a win and we will take it, Didn't play well but found a way to get it done. Cleveland is scrappy and dangerous and their future is definitley bright.

Edited by RCfan

There actually were passes thrown to the tight end. At least one was called back due to a penalty.  Actually there were several completions nullified due to penalties and there was one that ended up with the fumble at the end of the first half. 

Folks also forget that Rhea has a sophomore QB as well.  There has been more passing in the last two games and that seems to be giving him some confidence.  Just need to hold on to the ball and avoid the lineman down field penalty.

Also in time he will be able to have the confidence to look for the secondary receivers - who were wide open several times in this game. 

No problems with Rhea's offense in this game - the defense just broke down several times and the long pass burned them.

Edited by TNVolFan2000

There actually were passes thrown to the tight end. At least one was called back due to a penalty. Actually there were several completions nullified due to penalties and there was one that ended up with the fumble at the end of the first half.

Folks also forget that Rhea has a sophomore QB as well. There has been more passing in the last two games and that seems to be giving him some confidence. Just need to hold on to the ball and avoid the lineman down field penalty.

Also in time he will be able to have the confidence to look for the secondary receivers - who were wide open several times in this game.

No problems with Rhea's offense in this game - the defense just broke down several times and the long pass burned them.

I saw one throw quick pass to him as he was turning his head around. No catch but that was it. I didn't watch all of the game though. Either way I find a way to get him the ball more. Maybe 7 to 10 touches a game.

Very lackluster performance tonight from Rhea County and a very gritty performance from the banged up Raiders. Your right CBRF, Cleveland wins tonight if at full strength.

I don't know what it is about that place but Rhea County hardly ever plays good @ Cleveland, I'm not crying about refs or none of that, I'm just saying they usually seem to play badly at Benny Monroe. Any long time Eagle fan knows this and while I am concerned with the Eagle's performance I wasn't surprised. Not the way you wanna play coming off a bye week for sure.

Some observations on tonight's game:

The Eagles were flat from the get go tonight and so was the Rhea crowd, I just don't understand how you are not up for Cleveland. I know Cleveland is athletic all over the field but Rhea looked and played slow the whole night. The fire just didn't seem to be there tonight - disappointing

IMO Rhea got out coached tonight, don't see that often but there was some questionable decisions made tonight mostly before the half. Also preparation was lacking this week, Cleveland was ready to play football tonight and the Eagles were not.

The secondary took a big step back tonight, don't understand this but it has to get fixed and soon.

Zach Pemberton continues to improve at QB, he completed some nice passes and is directing the offense well.

Eagles still playing sloppy and not taking care of the football and it almost cost them tonight. Gotta clean that up.

The bottom line is a win is a win and we will take it, Didn't play well but found a way to get it done. Cleveland is scrappy and dangerous and their future is definitley bright.

Great observations