Franklin Co Visits Summit

TGUN

I spoke with Franklin County Head Coach Scott Smith last night if any of you would like to hear the podcast of that interview:

Coach Scott Smith

Just listened to the interview. Don't get me wrong, I too sit in the stands and second guess coaches. But I'm not suggesting a change in head coaches, I'm wanting see more investment in the entire football program from middle school up. I want to see the middle school programs come together as one team (instead of two) and begin running the High School's system. Buy into the program instead of going on their own agenda.

I'm reminded of hearing people bicker a while back about removing a head coach because his system was considered to be behind the times. Well they got their wish with a promise of change going forward, with a modern system and more excitement...And I believe the head coach they replaced was named Phillip Fulmer. That rushed decision backfired and affected the program for years. So if you wish for change, be careful what you wish for.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to the interview. Don't get me wrong, I too sit in the stands and second guess coaches. But I'm not suggesting a change in head coaches, I'm wanting see more investment in the entire football program from middle school up. I want to see the middle school programs come together as one team (instead of two) and begin running the High School's system. Buy into the program instead of going on their own agenda.

I'm reminded of hearing people bicker a while back about removing a head coach because his system was considered to be behind the times. Well they got their wish with a promise of change going forward, with a modern system and more excitement...And I believe the head coach they replaced was named Phillip Fulmer. That rushed decision backfired and affected the program for years. So if you wish for change, be careful what you wish for.

I had to go back and listen to it again.   Your comment made it sound like we were calling for his head..  I didn't think we said anything to that affect.  lol

I had to go back and listen to it again.   Your comment made it sound like we were calling for his head..  I didn't think we said anything to that affect.  lol

Sorry, if I implied that you were calling for his head, you weren't. The interview was fine, I was referring to others comments. Seems if we're losing the 1st thing some people want is the coaches head.

Sorry, if I implied that you were calling for his head, you weren't. The interview was fine, I was referring to others comments. Seems if we're losing the 1st thing some people want is the coaches head.

That's pretty normal for most fan bases.   I've known Scott for a few years.  He's gonna put his all into it and he'll get the job done....  He's been coaching for alot of years and had alot of success.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

It has happened at FC Before too.  People wanted a change from the I that Mantooth ran so you get Britton and Atkins.  They both lasted two years each.  Then after people are tired of the Wing T with Carr they go get another "spread Guy".  Wonder when people will learn.  I for one am tired of beating this dead horse, so I will not be posting my feelings on here any more since everyone seems to get upset with me that I feel a big problem is that the powers that be decided to out two home town guys that actually cared about Franklin County and its kids.  I think mistakes have been made and will probably continue to be made.  I don't think Smith was the right guy for the job, but no one ever asked me my opinion.  I will continue to hope that the kids do well and pray that the leadership comes to their senses and finds a better mentor for these young men.  As I said I am finished posting for now on the topic.  maybe after the season I will decide to make my opinion known again.

It has happened at FC Before too.  People wanted a change from the I that Mantooth ran so you get Britton and Atkins.  They both lasted two years each.  Then after people are tired of the Wing T with Carr they go get another "spread Guy".  Wonder when people will learn.  I for one am tired of beating this dead horse, so I will not be posting my feelings on here any more since everyone seems to get upset with me that I feel a big problem is that the powers that be decided to out two home town guys that actually cared about Franklin County and its kids.  I think mistakes have been made and will probably continue to be made.  I don't think Smith was the right guy for the job, but no one ever asked me my opinion.  I will continue to hope that the kids do well and pray that the leadership comes to their senses and finds a better mentor for these young men.  As I said I am finished posting for now on the topic.  maybe after the season I will decide to make my opinion known again.

Now, Mantooth knew more football than most anyone..a good man and coach