Trump vs Clinton

BoydBucFan

I'll dig my hole here...The teachings are similar, although there are many, many different branches of Baptist church/doctrine...Some going as far as to debate the virgin birth, allow same sex marriage and so on.

The Christian Church of Christ has seen many alterations to it also. It is disgusting to me! We actually have some with women elders today, although I refuse to acknowledge them as The Church.

I'm just not convicted of the "faith only" or "believe only" doctrine, so I would not be comfortable.

I mean, Satan and all his angles, the demons, they believe...But obedience to The Faith is key 

Its just an honest answer and I really wanted to hear it.  I thought i already knew. But in my mind, several different faiths will be just fine. Its more to do with the individual  and their heart.

lots of good scripture quoted here, I wish my printer worked, I might take up preaching myself!!!!

When it stays within scripture, it's good discussion...Guess it all is in certain ways

Nothing to get upset about...It was James, Steven, Peter, etc that was murdered for speaking the truth...They didn't fight, cuss and go on, just spoke the truth.

No hard feelings should come but sometimes they do when the truth seems to be mocked.

There has been much disagreement on these pages, but....

--Pujo sat with me Saturday at the game in Pikeville and we laughed and cut up like always

--Slice was a poster that I came to like years ago and still do 

--OnB, you are first class as is gbnation and ladykee....even tho we don't see eye to eye on everything 

--thief, well.....

At least I have lawnman and 'little ridding side saddle  B) ....But if I didn't, the Lord gave me this frame and these shoulders to carry the load 

And I'm sure not mad at anyone. I fully respect  people's opinions.

No matter who wins this election. Nothing will get done for no one if they can't work with the house and the Senate. This is our biggest problem. We need more bipartisan relationships in Washington. If you want to pray, pray for God to guide our elected officials to work together for what's best for us.

Edited by MrLegit1772

Are you talking about "water baptism"? Because there are many baptisms in the Bible. But to respond to your last paragraph, Paul said in 1Corinthians 1:17 "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect."

1Corinthians 15:1-4 defines the gospel of Christ

Romans 1:16 says we are saved if we believe(faith)

2Timothy 2:15 not only instructs us to divide OT and NT but also doctrines, gospels, and baptisms( of which there are many).

Ephesians 1:13 says after we hear the gospel and believe we are sealed.

I am talking about water baptism...The greek word for baptism was baptizo....Means to immerse...

Please see Acts 8: 35-39 as yet another example 

Paul was responding to those who were carrying the names of the apostles as if the apostles had saved them, as it they had baptized in their own name! To THOSE he was glad he had not baptized them.

PLEASE read verses 12-18 also of 1 Corinthians  chapter 1.

Paul did baptize and he mentions those that he did there....Even we today are not sent to just baptize, we are sent to spread the Gospel of Jesus...Then baptize those that believe...And that's straight from the Lord's mouth...He spoke those words after his death and resurrection, before he ascended to Heaven where He is now....please read Mark 16:16  Matt 28: 18-20

There's not but one NT baptism....Immersion into water as states the NT scripture 

The "Holy Ghost" baptism is one you may refer to next...That can only be done by God and is noted in the NT twice as God pouring out the Holy Ghost....Jesus issued the call to preach and baptize those that believe....It's not a Holy Ghost baptism since we are instructed to do so....as was done in Acts 2:28....As was commanded to Paul before he was an apostle in Acts 22:16.

I do not exclude any NT scripture you have noted...I believe them ALL 

That's why it is so important to read all verses...Not just ones here and there

No matter who wins this election. Nothing will get done for no one if they can't work with the house and the Senate. This is our biggest problem. We need more bipartisan relationships in Washington. If you want to pray, pray for God to guide our elected officials to work together for what's best for us.

I may be a stuck in the mud but I don't think any Government on this earth want's whats best for all of us. 

A catholic would disagree about Mary...totally, they pray to her   If Michael isnt a god what is he then?

so Jesus isnt a God, what is he?

I'm not catholic...sure dont care about praying to Mary, a pope nor any other man nor angel 

Michael is an angel...Made by The God 

Jesus is the Son of God....Sets on the throne on the right hand of God.

Edited by uknoit2