Trump vs Clinton

BoydBucFan

I have been reading this thread since it started, however I declined to comment until now. Several points you made really caught my attention. First of all the Bible(KJV) can be understood by "rightly dividing the word of truth."

(2Timothy 2:15).

Works for salvation will not save anyone.(Romans 11:6)

Water baptism will not save you(in this dispensation of God's grace). Please study why Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. (It wasn't because Jesus needed to be saved because He was without sin).

The book of James begins and tells you whom he is talking to:" to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad ". I am not a member of those tribes!

You are correct: Read and understand Romans through Philemon which are the books written by Paul who was inspired by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I have so much more to say, however this should be enough for now.

I have one more question: Where does the New Testament actually start?? ( And it isn't Matthew 1:1)

The more the merrier.Glad you chimed in.

when you end a prayer with the word Amen you are praising the primary egyptian diety of antiquity...Amen was his name.  The Pharohs included Amen as part of their name since they considered themselves God   example   Amenhotep    Tukankamen, etc.     I always thought it was ironic that Christians praised Amen too but its also kinda cool that it has passed down throught the centuries and Amen still gets his due after thousands of years

Amen

actually Egyptian Pharoh Akkenaten was the first to come up with the one God concept that later became popular with the Hebrews...he called his God Aten...The priesthood of Amen didnt like that one bit and Tukankamen, Akkenaten's son went back to Amen and Aten was forgotten

then everyone went back to  ending their prayers with Amen which means thanks to Amen or thanks to God if you will

Edited by TheMirrorThief

I have been reading this thread since it started, however I declined to comment until now. Several points you made really caught my attention. First of all the Bible(KJV) can be understood by "rightly dividing the word of truth."

(2Timothy 2:15).

Works for salvation will not save anyone.(Romans 11:6)

Water baptism will not save you(in this dispensation of God's grace). Please study why Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. (It wasn't because Jesus needed to be saved because He was without sin).

The book of James begins and tells you whom he is talking to:" to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad ". I am not a member of those tribes!

You are correct: Read and understand Romans through Philemon which are the books written by Paul who was inspired by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I have so much more to say, however this should be enough for now.

I have one more question: Where does the New Testament actually start?? ( And it isn't Matthew 1:1)

Correct...Dividing the OT from the  New Testament 

Going back to Acts we see the Jews that believed in Jesus were scattered everywhere because of persecution.

James called them Brethren....Christians....Those of "The Way" or "That Way" 

Jesus was baptized by John the baptizer...John the baptizer was not baptizing for remission of sin.

Forgiveness was not even possible because Jesus had not yet died...Hebrews 10: 4.

Jesus had committed no sin but was fulfilling prophesy that He would be faithful to all instruction. John's baptism was God directed and Jesus was being faithful

1st Peter 3: 18-22 states that it is baptism that now saves us (the repentant sinner)...The Apostle's words I will take along with the Apostle Paul's teaching as he reminded those in Rome why they were baptized in Romans 6...."The old man of sin is destroyed in baptism, raised from baptism a new creature"

The New Testament starts after the death of Jesus, not in Matthew....See Hebrews 9: 13-18

The 1st New Testament sermon is recorded in Acts 2....When about 3000 were convicted by the message they asked what they should do...The answer is recorded in Acts 2: 38-39

Colossians 2: 11-13

Many scripture showing how one comes in contact with the blood of Jesus is in baptism....If anyone can point me to scripture showing that faith, confession, or repentance alone can contact the blood, I am all for it.

You can understand the Bible a lot better if you become a student of the fascinating ancient Middle East first.  The great city states such as Babylon and the much older ones like Ur, Lgash, Eridu, Nippur, and all the rest are so interesting and all their history is there, written in stone...although the most ancient texts are very hard to read.   The Hebrews were late comers to a region that flourished five thousand years or so before Christ.  For some reason Lagash is the most interesting to me.  It is so old and the Sumerians might have been the first civilized men although the Elamites could be even older...cool stuff for real

they dug through some of these places and found they were so old that its only possible to guess how old they are.   The Sumerians were a light skinned, light haired people...the Semites, including the Hebrews came later and conquered the area...Sargon was their great leader...there were two or three other Sargons later but they were Assyrians

Edited by TheMirrorThief