Trump vs Clinton

BoydBucFan

And let's remember one other thing...the time before Jesus' death was under the Old Testament...the New Testament or WILL of Jesus was not enforced until after his death...then resurrection proved he was the Messiah.

As the Hebrew writer stated, there can be no will until the testator dies

Ahhhhhhh yes amen! Ding Ding Ding... we have a winner.

Being baptized is good and I have been. But you don't have to be baptized to go to heaven. Don't take me the wrong way I think we ought to be baptized after we get saved but the theif on the cross didn't come down and get baptized and Jesus told him today you will be with me in paradise.

Almost made it to bed!

Thief on the cross was still under old law...NT was not yet for Jesus had not died.

No where in the NT are we instructed to look back to the thief on the cross as an example of salvation.

1st NT sermon is recorded in Acts 2:38

Paul was not saved on the road to Damascus but was as recorded in Acts 22:16.

Colossians 2:11 and Romans 6 instructs the purpose of baptism.

It is the process in which we come in contact with the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ.

BUT these verses do not work alone...scripture instructing belief in Jesus, repentance, and confession of faith must also be obeyed...then we must remain faithful till death.

The way I see it is,

True belief in Jesus is total belief in the Word...For Jesus is the Word...all the Word.

John 1:14

Men, alot of my life I lived wrong...I just want to be right

Being baptized is good and I have been. But you don't have to be baptized to go to heaven. Don't take me the wrong way I think we ought to be baptized after we get saved but the theif on the cross didn't come down and get baptized and Jesus told him today you will be with me in paradise.

Was that under the old law?, when they were on the cross?Or were we in the NT at that time? Until Jesus died we were under the old law.. a will or testimate can't be put into effect until the testator dies. So the thief of the cross isn't an example of salvation for us today.

And "paradise" as we read in 1 Peter 3, was the place Jesus went and preached while he was in the grave for those 3 days.. he preached to those souls under the old law.

But Romans 6:3-5 says

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:â€

Or Colossians 2:11-13

‭‭“In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;â€

Jesus also tells us in Mark 16:16

"He that believeth AND is baptized shall be saved"

Yes you must believe to be saved... but baptism is a much to receive salvation.

Phillip and the Eunich is a GREAT example!!

‭‭

Centurion of acts chapter 10

Evidence of the spirit and unbaptized.

Almost made it to bed!

Thief on the cross was still under old law...NT was not yet for Jesus had not died.

No where in the NT are we instructed to look back to the thief on the cross as an example of salvation.

1st NT sermon is recorded in Acts 2:38

Paul was not saved on the road to Damascus but was as recorded in Acts 22:16.

Colossians 2:11 and Romans 6 instructs the purpose of baptism.

It is the process in which we come in contact with the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ.

BUT these verses do not work alone...scripture instructing belief in Jesus, repentance, and confession of faith must also be obeyed...then we must remain faithful till death.

The way I see it is,

True belief in Jesus is total belief in the Word...For Jesus is the Word...all the Word.

John 1:14

Men, alot of my life I lived wrong...I just want to be right

We seem to be typing the same things....

And we are in different locations btw fellers :)

In your personal opinion, what do you understand that it takes to "be saved"?

Just so we are all clear my posts have nothing to do with me being right or wrong. I am honestly posting out of love. I grew up in a rural country church in Greenback. My earliest memory was always going to church regularly, VBS, church youth group, etc. My earliest memories of church services were playing with dolls, loving to hear the choir, and then losing attention when the preacher got up to "yell". Yes I said yell because that is all it was to me until I got older and started listening. I started being pulled to the Word of God. It was very important to me to do good, be good because that was what I was hearing. Then around 8 years old I started getting scared. I started hearing about heck. Now don't get me wrong, the preacher and teachers had always talked about it but it just didn't not bother me until it DID. I couldn't sleep for fear of dying and going to that place where eventually on judgement day I would be cast into the Lake of Fire (2nd death). Now I also clearly understood it to be an eternal torment - death everlasting. The kind of pain whee you are begging to die a final death. I had known for as long as I could remember that I wanted to go to Heaven, loved and believed in God. BUT I had never been scared of going to heck, I mean really fearing I would go there if a car hit us and I died. I was then at age 8 in that predicament. Or otherwise known as CONVICTION! I went through this for a few months with feeling like God was telling that preacher everything I was feeling. After service I was so scared and my Mom asked what was wrong when we were getting in the car and I told her. We went right back in church and the preacher talked to me in his office about what I was feeling. I told him everything and after praying with me I asked God into my heart confessing my sins. I have never felt such a weight lift off of me in my eternal life. Only those that have accepted Christ and had that moment that they gave their heart and asked for salvation can understand that feeling. That small voice people talk about that tells you after your saved when you are doing wrong, Yep know all about that too. Satan trying to make you question your salvation, Yep know about that too! Satan doesn't want Christians to spread the Word and would live to snuff them out and kill their witness. So to sum it up yes I believe you have to come under conviction to be saved and you have to fear what you are being saved from. I never would have been saved without the fear of going to heck and burning for eternity. Same experience for my sons but both were age 6 when they were saved. Both fought it trying to go to bathroom at invitation or alter call. Tried distracting themselves but I knew what was happening and God was tugging at their hearts. I saw a change in both after they were saved. They feel when the Spirit of God is working in a service. They also, like myself, worry about others going to heck. They have cried and prayed for cousins, etc. and saw those prayers answered which only reinforces in them the power of prayer and God's love. In my eyes there is nothing more powerful than a young innocent child expressing their love of Jesus and eternal salvation and burdened heart for another. It's a sweet nonjudgmental witness and act of love. As we age we sometimes lose a little of that and can come across as judgmental or perceive others as being so. Age can harden people a little and this World throws so much garbage at people to confuse. Confusion is of the Devil!

I know this is long but I felt led to share. You know the Bible also says their is a sin of omission which is knowing to do something or being led by God to do something and NOT doing it.

I believe in once saved always saved. Bible says repent daily so yeah we all sin daily. Everyone! I also feel it is a duty for a Christian to strive to live as close to the Word of God as possible knowing we won't be perfect and to witness to others. There is a difference in witnessing out of love and just being a nosy Miss Smarty Pants. I think you all know what I mean by this. I think God opens doors for us to witness and we should follow what He lays on our heart to say. If God doesn't lay it on our heart then it's best to keep our mouth shut. Because then it is just babble! I've been guilty.

I hope all find the answers they seek! There are still questions I have and I truly believe God will reveal in Heaven. I'll close with I hope you all will be there.