Trump vs Clinton

BoydBucFan

you are welcome Pujo! Just my experience and what God laid on my heart to say. Maybe I should have used my heart instead of my head all those years ago when writing college essays where the words just wouldn't come, lol!

All jokes aside this is some serious business and I have truly enjoyed this thread! Goodnight all!

+1

Right .wrong  or whatever. I think everyone is being genuine in their beliefs. Got about 4000 different  religions and beliefs. I'm not arrogant enough to think my belief is the perfect one. I'm no where near that smart.Main thing in my mind is how we treat our fellow man . The 10 commandment covers it pretty well.

Right .wrong  or whatever. I think everyone is being genuine in their beliefs. Got about 4000 different  religions and beliefs. I'm not arrogant enough to think my belief is the perfect one. I'm no where near that smart.Main thing in my mind is how we treat our fellow man . The 10 commandment covers it pretty well.

Amen, Pujo.  It is all about how we treat each other while we are here together.

Guys I do not believe you have to be baptized to go to heaven. Being baptized is showing the world that you have been saved and that's how you join the church. People that gets saved on their death bed and doesn't get baptized they are still saved.

I am not getting back in to this debate.But I have to get my Brothers back on this one.Nation and I are in 1 accord(and I don't mean a Honda).By faith not by works,the Grace of the cross instantly changes a person once they accept Christ and they are forever covered by the Blood!Don't argue with me I'm not changing!LOL.This is a good thread!Guys you really don't want to be wrong about this one.God loves us all but he is a jealous God and he will get what he is after!We were created to Glorify him!Later Ladies and Gents I'm just a sinner saved by his Grace and nothing more.I will continue to read tho I love this stuff! Edited by orngnblk

I am not getting back in to this debate.But I have to get my Brothers back on this one.Nation and I are in 1 accord(and I don't mean a Honda).By faith not by works,the Grace of the cross instantly changes a person once they accept Christ and they are forever covered by the Blood!Don't argue with me I'm not changing!LOL.This is a good thread!Guys you really don't want to be wrong about this one.God loves us all but he is a jealous God and he will get what he is after!We were created to Glorify him!Later Ladies and Gents I'm just a sinner saved by his Grace and nothing more.I will continue to read tho I love this stuff!

The saved issue is another can of worms. Thats another huge issue for people to be soooooo confused about. Sorta like the story where the people were saying to God,didn't I do this or that and he told them ,I never knew you. Sounds like they really thought  in there heart that they were in good shape.  Shoot people who followed Jim Jones  gave the ultimate sacrifice and laid down their life. That's pretty strong faith and I doubt many thinks they are in Heaven.

People should follow the Bible and not man.

"Works" can not save a person.

Obedience is not "works".

Is belief a "work"?

Is repentance a "work"?

Is confession of faith with the mouth a "work"?

Is obeying the commands to be baptised in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins a "work"....tis all obedience.

But James does say, faith without works (obedience) is dear.

I also am a sinner saved by grace through faith.

I was asked a question.

I answered using only the Word,

It is fact you can take independent scripture from the Bible take it out of context and make all kinds of things seem right and okay.

I had one woman takes scripture out of context and tell me that a woman dying in childbirth is automatically saved!

All kinds of strange teachings using the Bible out of context

I believe if we accept the New Testament as the inspired word of God as Paul told Timothy then we cannot go wrong

It sure has nothing to do with my wisdom or judgement thank God

PEACE!

Faith is another thing. My Grandmother was about as religous as they come. 1st thing she did every single day was get up and read the bible. She would mark the spot and continue the next day. I'm not sure how many time's she read it from cover to cover. But My Mom got her leg shot off and My Grandmother sent for a healing cloth to fix the leg.Needless to say  it never worked. But I'm sure that never shook her faith, Just didn't think it was Gods will. Truth be known, I've never known God to will someone's legs or arms back on. Point being  people can believe or have really strong faith ,but that don't make it so. In my life I've attended several type's of churches, Christian,Baptist, Holiness And even Jehovah's witnesses. Hated the Christian Church , they seemed like a bunch of self righteous snob's that was better than others. Baptist were more common and down to earth but they went to extremes. Holiness seemed like a bunch of nuts and made me feel very uncomfortable.Jehovah's witnesses were extremely nice and worked harder at teaching what they believed a lot more than any of the others. I've yet to find one that I think has it right so I don't fool with none of um. I'm not going to pretend I believe something that I don't. Ido my praying  in private and try to teach my kids God's morals.I'm far from a perfect man but I'd really like to be. It's took some time but I've come to grips that I will not be perfect and now I can forgive myself in my ignorant flaws. Thank Goodness because at one time I would be totally devastated and thought very lowly of myself. I still feel guild but I've grown to understand that I'm just not capable of being perfect.  I guess when its all said and done,I'm just a lost nut trying to find my way in a world of chaos

Another thing  is I strive to go by the 10 commandments and teach my kids likewise not out of fear for them or me. I just think we make our lives a lot more pleasant  when we avoid the bad elements on this earth. The instruction book can save us a lot of grief if followed.

Edited by pujo

Faith is another thing. My Grandmother was about as religous as they come. 1st thing she did every single day was get up and read the bible. She would mark the spot and continue the next day. I'm not sure how many time's she read it from cover to cover. But My Mom got her leg shot off and My Grandmother sent for a healing cloth to fix the leg.Needless to say  it never worked. But I'm sure that never shook her faith, Just didn't think it was Gods will. Truth be known, I've never known God to will someone's legs or arms back on. Point being  people can believe or have really strong faith ,but that don't make it so. In my life I've attended several type's of churches, Christian,Baptist, Holiness And even Jehovah's witnesses. Hated the Christian Church , they seemed like a bunch of self righteous snob's that was better than others. Baptist were more common and down to earth but they went to extremes. Holiness seemed like a bunch of nuts and made me feel very uncomfortable.Jehovah's witnesses were extremely nice and worked harder at teaching what they believed a lot more than any of the others. I've yet to find one that I think has it right so I don't fool with none of um. I'm not going to pretend I believe something that I don't. Ido my praying  in private and try to teach my kids God's morals.I'm far from a perfect man but I'd really like to be. It's took some time but I've come to grips that I will not be perfect and now I can forgive myself in my ignorant flaws. Thank Goodness because at one time I would be totally devastated and thought very lowly of myself. I still feel guild but I've grown to understand that I'm just not capable of being perfect.  I guess when its all said and done,I'm just a lost nut trying to find my way in a world of chaos

Another thing  is I strive to go by the 10 commandments and teach my kids likewise not out of fear for them or me. I just think we make our lives a lot more pleasant  when we avoid the bad elements on this earth. The instruction book can save us a lot of grief if followed.

Been in the Christian Church all my life and I've been to some and been treated the same way! LOL but true!

I'd say you'll find that in all of em tho. So, you can't judge all by one.

Where I am, we are just a congregation of good ole country folk (some city dwellers too) that couldn't care less what a person looks like, how much money they have nor what they've done or been....We just teach from The Bible with the desire to learn the right way.

Been in the Christian Church all my life and I've been to some and been treated the same way! LOL but true!

Where I am, we are just a congregation of good ole country folk (some city dwellers too) that couldn't care less what a person looks like, how much money they have nor what they've done or been....We just teach from The Bible with the desire to learn the right way.

I wouldn't judge all Christian Churches by the one I attended. The Church is the people who attend and even the one I attended had some very nice people.Point being, Going to church sure don't make anyone a Christian.

As a whole ,I'd rank Jehovah's witnesses above the rest. Very sincere people who live every day just like Sunday. Really good moral people who strive for what they believe in. I just think they have been deceived by the leaders or Governing body. But they sure are diligent.

I  actually wish one of Jehovah's witnesses were on here to share their beliefs but they don't worry with sporting events.They may be on to something because you see the worst in people  at nearly  every game. Shoot when GCA played CAK ,it was a fight the whole game. Cristian against Christian,

Edited by pujo

People should follow the Bible and not man.

"Works" can not save a person.

Obedience is not "works".

Is belief a "work"?

Is repentance a "work"?

Is confession of faith with the mouth a "work"?

Is obeying the commands to be baptised in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins a "work"....tis all obedience.

But James does say, faith without works (obedience) is dear.

I also am a sinner saved by grace through faith.

I was asked a question.

I answered using only the Word,

It is fact you can take independent scripture from the Bible take it out of context and make all kinds of things seem right and okay.

I had one woman takes scripture out of context and tell me that a woman dying in childbirth is automatically saved!

All kinds of strange teachings using the Bible out of context

I believe if we accept the New Testament as the inspired word of God as Paul told Timothy then we cannot go wrong

It sure has nothing to do with my wisdom or judgement thank God

PEACE!

I have been reading this thread since it started, however I declined to comment until now. Several points you made really caught my attention. First of all the Bible(KJV) can be understood by "rightly dividing the word of truth."

(2Timothy 2:15).

Works for salvation will not save anyone.(Romans 11:6)

Water baptism will not save you(in this dispensation of God's grace). Please study why Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. (It wasn't because Jesus needed to be saved because He was without sin).

The book of James begins and tells you whom he is talking to:" to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad ". I am not a member of those tribes!

You are correct: Read and understand Romans through Philemon which are the books written by Paul who was inspired by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I have so much more to say, however this should be enough for now.

I have one more question: Where does the New Testament actually start?? ( And it isn't Matthew 1:1)

amen

when you end a prayer with the word Amen you are praising the primary egyptian diety of antiquity...Amen was his name.  The Pharohs included Amen as part of their name since they considered themselves God   example   Amenhotep    Tukankamen, etc.     I always thought it was ironic that Christians praised Amen too but its also kinda cool that it has passed down throught the centuries and Amen still gets his due after thousands of years