AP Class 1A Top 10 Oct 10 2016

Southtowner

Also, Horse is a troll. I don't even think he's from Huntingdon. He only posts negative things to other boards. If he's not trolling, he's got an IQ lower than his touchscreen keyboard. He doesn't wanna poke the sleeping, hungry pack of crazed Lions. He must not be aware of what Dresden did to Milan in 2 qtrs of play with a running clock in a jamboree, and Milan made them say uncle and wear the game ball like a Popsicle stick.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

Uh oh, somebody has awoken the insecurities of very rude people (who are revealing their true thoughts and inhibitions). Hevy is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. He's been the number one fan in that town since he moved there. The whole stadium can hear his encouraging words. Why do you gotta knock him? Dresden is used to winning, but I'm sure facts are something you won't embrace. Just in the past 5 years, they've been to State, the semis twice, quarterfinals (lost a rematch), lost to eventual state champs in the second round, etc. I've watched both Dresden and Wayne County play.

My honest to God, unbiased opinion is that Dresden can beat anyone handedly. No, Wayne County (or anybody) doesn't have the skill players of Dresden. Wayne County is the whitest team in the state (no offense) with that cupcake schedule. This Dresden team has the chocolate. No, that's not racist, and I will show credible science that backs this up if you pull that card. Athleticism is just another word for genetic variation. Wayne County might have a kid that goes to play college ball. Dresden, literally, has 5 kids with D1 offers (all skill players). How do you even begin to egotistically just spout off that assumption? They have a Mr. Football Qb with multiple D1 offers getting looked at by literally everyone, three all state receivers and an all state running back. You can only take away certain things against their offense. UC was getting thrown on, and they literally started going Cover 6 every play. With that change, Dresden just started running. Hevy knows what this team is on to; they're next level, just wait! They also have the best defense in the state. You negative naysayers will soon see, assuming they stay healthy. I remember how people in Carroll County were saying in the 2000's this team would win state, because they went undefeated in pewee and middle school, so I wouldn't be so antsy to write off Hevy and disrespect him.

:) Anyone who agrees with me MUST be a genius. Ha. Thus your moniker/name here on the T. You just pure genius. Lol. :)

:) Anyone who agrees with me MUST be a genius. Ha. Thus your moniker/name here on the T. You just pure genius. Lol. :)

I'll say it again, congrats on beating UC. Everybody knows how good y'all are and knows y'all will be a tough out. Also last year everybody thought Peabody would win gold after putting y'all and UC out and they got toyed with by NCS. Peabody wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round over here. I'm not bashing and got lots of respect for Dresden and UC and I enjoy reading your post but don't buy no polishing rags for a gold ball yet just because WC, Huntingdon and NCS haven't played a tough schedule don't mean they won't mop the field with Dresden. With that said it Dresden may mop it with one of these teams. One thing you can count on is a fight from start to finish, there won't be no laying down from these teams, y'all might win it all but it'll be earned. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way Edited by wildcat89

I'll say it again, congrats on beating UC. Everybody knows how good y'all are and knows y'all will be a tough out. Also last year everybody thought Peabody would win gold after putting y'all and UC out and they got toyed with by NCS. Peabody wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round over here. I'm not bashing and got lots of respect for Dresden and UC and I enjoy reading your post but don't buy no polishing rags for a gold ball yet just because WC, Huntingdon and NCS haven't played a tough schedule don't mean they won't mop the field with Dresden. With that said it Dresden may mop it with one of these teams. One thing you can count on is a fight from start to finish, there won't be no laying down from these teams, y'all might win it all but it'll be earned. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way

Wildcat, there's nothing but respect from over here. Trenton was a hard team to beat twice with Malone. You're using irresponsible speculation to draw a point with nothing but pure subjectiveness. The state champ has generally came from this area the past five years. Nobody will "mop" this Dresden team. For the love of Pete, they just beat UC 55-7, and they honestly didn't play their best football. This was not the 2011 or 2012 team, either. Dresden beat them both of those years in spectacular fashion (but that was before Dubriel came in). They've lost three games in four years since Dubriel has got that coordinator and line job. One of those three loses was to McKenzie in their opener during Dubriel's first year. I was at that game, and UC kept fumbling when they would pull the option. They cleaned that up and embarrassed Huntingdon after that. When they lost to Trenton in the rematch last year, it was because the center and quarterback weren't getting the snap exchanged properly, and Trenton recovered several of those fumbles. It was an absolute shame UC didn't win state last year. That's the best team they've had in the past 5 years, seriously, they left a gold ball out of their trophy shelf with their name on it. I don't think they would've beat Dresden in a rematch, though. It's hard to beat a team twice with the mentality of teenagers. Dresden was beating Trenton at half, and then dropped an egg in the second half. Keep in mind Dresden and UC stomped Trenton in their first game with them. Dresden also had two starters on defense out last night. WC had a very competitive game with Riverside. I'll let the Scotts Hill game slide, but you'll see if you make it far enough. You won't be able to say you weren't warned.

The larger point I was trying to make was about the Huntingdon fans and such going after Hevy, which is pathetic considering they constantly go after the guy. You don't see him posting negativity to their threads. Hevy has exposed their actual paranoid mindset. Also, I'll say whatever I want regarding state titles and such. I don't even live in Weakley or Obion County, I'm not a Dresden or UC fan, and I've watched area football around here for the past 23 years. So, please, just understand I'm just telling you what I've witnessed, Wildcat. This is seriously one of the best high school football teams this area has ever had, but you never know what can happen with injuries, tragic things, etc. I can tell you this much: if Dresden played Milan or Dyersburg, it would be over by the fourth quarter, just like last night. You know it's bad when BigSwo even tells Dresden to book their Cookeville hotel rooms. He keeps it real (unlike most people), but I was at least expecting some "rematch" rhetoric, nope. Everybody knows Dresden just has too many weapons on offense. Goodluck to you and the Wildcats!

Edited by TNHSFootballGenius

Uh oh, somebody has awoken the insecurities of very rude people (who are revealing their true thoughts and inhibitions). Hevy is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. He's been the number one fan in that town since he moved there. The whole stadium can hear his encouraging words. Why do you gotta knock him? Dresden is used to winning, but I'm sure facts are something you won't embrace. Just in the past 5 years, they've been to State, the semis twice, quarterfinals (lost a rematch), lost to eventual state champs in the second round, etc. I've watched both Dresden and Wayne County play.

My honest to God, unbiased opinion is that Dresden can beat anyone handedly. No, Wayne County (or anybody) doesn't have the skill players of Dresden. Wayne County is the whitest team in the state (no offense) with that cupcake schedule. This Dresden team has the chocolate. No, that's not racist, and I will show credible science that backs this up if you pull that card. Athleticism is just another word for genetic variation. Wayne County might have a kid that goes to play college ball. Dresden, literally, has 5 kids with D1 offers (all skill players). How do you even begin to egotistically just spout off that assumption? They have a Mr. Football Qb with multiple D1 offers getting looked at by literally everyone, three all state receivers and an all state running back. You can only take away certain things against their offense. UC was getting thrown on, and they literally started going Cover 6 every play. With that change, Dresden just started running. Hevy knows what this team is on to; they're next level, just wait! They also have the best defense in the state. You negative naysayers will soon see, assuming they stay healthy. I remember how people in Carroll County were saying in the 2000's this team would win state, because they went undefeated in pewee and middle school, so I wouldn't be so antsy to write off Hevy and disrespect him.

Just remember much of the same was said last year before you got embarrassed by Peabody. There has been a special team in 1A each of the last couple years. Sounds like Dresden may be that team this year, but they just might not.

Wildcat, there's nothing but respect from over here. Trenton was a hard team to beat twice with Malone. You're using irresponsible speculation to draw a point with nothing but pure subjectiveness. The state champ has generally came from this area the past five years. Nobody will "mop" this Dresden team. For the love of Pete, they just beat UC 55-7, and they honestly didn't play their best football. This was not the 2011 or 2012 team, either. Dresden beat them both of those years in spectacular fashion (but that was before Dubriel came in). They've lost three games in four years since Dubriel has got that coordinator and line job. One of those three loses was to McKenzie in their opener during Dubriel's first year. I was at that game, and UC kept fumbling when they would pull the option. They cleaned that up and embarrassed Huntingdon after that. When they lost to Trenton in the rematch last year, it was because the center and quarterback weren't getting the snap exchanged properly, and Trenton recovered several of those fumbles. It was an absolute shame UC didn't win state last year. That's the best team they've had in the past 5 years, seriously, they left a gold ball out of their trophy shelf with their name on it. I don't think they would've beat Dresden in a rematch, though. It's hard to beat a team twice with the mentality of teenagers. Dresden was beating Trenton at half, and then dropped an egg in the second half. Keep in mind Dresden and UC stomped Trenton in their first game with them. Dresden also had two starters on defense out last night. WC had a very competitive game with Riverside. I'll let the Scotts Hill game slide, but you'll see if you make it far enough. You won't be able to say you weren't warned.

The larger point I was trying to make was about the Huntingdon fans and such going after Hevy, which is pathetic considering they constantly go after the guy. You don't see him posting negativity to their threads. Hevy has exposed their actual paranoid mindset. Also, I'll say whatever I want regarding state titles and such. I don't even live in Weakley or Obion County, I'm not a Dresden or UC fan, and I've watched area football around here for the past 23 years. So, please, just understand I'm just telling you what I've witnessed, Wildcat. This is seriously one of the best high school football teams this area has ever had, but you never know what can happen with injuries, tragic things, etc. I can tell you this much: if Dresden played Milan or Dyersburg, it would be over by the fourth quarter, just like last night. You know it's bad when BigSwo even tells Dresden to book their Cookeville hotel rooms. He keeps it real (unlike most people), but I was at least expecting some "rematch" rhetoric, nope. Everybody knows Dresden just has too many weapons on offense. Goodluck to you and the Wildcats!

One last question. You're saying UC 15 was better than UC 14? Best team they had in 5 years?

Like I said, I'm not bashing and have nothing but respect for Dresden and Revy. I'm just saying there's some good teams out there and I wouldn't dare be beating my chest too hard just yet. Don't think for a second that everybody in the state don't know what's going on in Dresden, they're rolling. Like you I have been watching football for many years and I have a lot of faith in our Wildcats and what they're capable of. But at the same time I know they can get beat if they don't play every down like it's their last. Ain't trying to ruffle feathers, just throwing my opinion out there to

Dude, no joke. How in the world was your prediction spot on? Are you a Vegas insider? Come on, brother! Tell me what to bet for the Humboldt game next week. What's the spread?

On a more serious note, tell them Dresden barbarians not to overlook Humboldt. They are playing some football right now. If Dresden doesn't "embrace the grind" and looks for a lazy night, this could have the making for a good game. That's the game I'm going to, especially since both teams will be in the playoffs (and might have to rematch each other). All other area games have zero intrigue.

One last question. You're saying UC 15 was better than UC 14? Best team they had in 5 years?

I honestly do, yessir. They were unreal on defense with Blackwell, Stephens, etc. as seniors. They just had their absolute worst game against Trenton. On offense, I think the big difference is Scribner is a whole heck of a lot faster than Walton ever was. The only variable on that 14' team is Henry; he was a manchild. UC was the best team in the state for three years running, IMO.

Just remember much of the same was said last year before you got embarrassed by Peabody. There has been a special team in 1A each of the last couple years. Sounds like Dresden may be that team this year, but they just might not.

Again, I'm not even from Dresden. I try to watch all the teams from around the area (the good ones, anyway) during the course of a season. I pride myself with having multiple connections and years of watching ball around here to have a legitimate opinion. Also, Dresden did not get embarrassed by Peabody and surely people weren't making big statements last year. Trenton took the lead in the fourth and pulled away with a win, not sure how that constitutes as "embarrassed," especially since Dresden beat them 41-0 in the first contest. This Dresden team doesn't even compare to last year. Unless something bad happens to that team (I don't wish that on any team), they should be able to steamroll.

Cover 6 wow? With all those D1 prospects you might beat Maryville!

Lol. Dresden fans are huntigdon fans all over again from last year and 2012. Just keep winning and good luck but don't say I told ya so.