Who will have the best track team in the Chattanoo

peacemaker

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a personal preference with her at this point. Personally, I think she'll move to the 3000 in college. If it doesn't matter to her and we need her points in the 3200, I'd look for her to double. She looks to sign in April, so the choice could be just for team points. She wouldn't have to impress college coaches if she's already signed. But, she would really like to run a fast, fast 1600, and I think that's why she's so focused on it at this point. If it looks like she's going to be able to go sub 5 though, I can't see her wanting to double.

We have several girls that no one has seen who are out this year. It should be very interesting, barring injuries and the like. You've got us pegged on the boys' side though. No unknowns there.

Also, I wish we could come to Kenwood on the 26th. It's just too close to our Sub-section meet which begins the following Tuesday. The invitation to come to our place still stands.

I am not even sure what the 25th is. Is that the meet you are hosting at Mcminn? I have only seen our schedule once- and then it went to another refigerator- to be posted- LOL!

I am only a parent- (Caleb Morgans MOM)

Sorry- Tell me more about what you are referring to, and I will ask Coach Cotton- although........... aren't we allowed only 12 meets this year?

[Edited by peacemaker on 2-24-03 4:25P]

Guest DefEnd76

No one seems to have mentioned Ooltewah in the thread. I'm not sure how they will do, since they have lost a majority of their athletes from last year to graduation. That would be Flanagan, Wilkerson, Oakes, and Blassingame. Ooltewah usually tends to do well since many kids come out for track and most of them are pretty decent. Look for a good distance out of Ooltewah, although Bradley Central usually tends to dominate the meets in that area. They lost their big discus thrower from last year (me), but if Matherson and Hale return, that is a good shot put duo. Hale can also throw the disc pretty good, along with Nabors. I'm not sure what pool of talent the freshmen class brought in, but look for more speed in the future. All in all, Ooltewah is a well rounded team and will continue to do well in the Chattanooga area, maybe take a sectional title this year.

• 1 month later...