McMinn County @ Rhea County

ADS1

Playing Baylor and cathedral could really come back to get us. If only we had ooltewahs sched

Funny. With those rules posted WV could end in a 3 way tie for second. But end up last because one of the two 6a schools they play has a 1 and 9 record if they beat the Owls and y'all beat McMinn. And y'all will beat McMinn. Both share a common opponent in Bradley. Owls have two teams that if they lose to WV and both Riverdale and East Hamilton win they stay above 500 , with a Walker Win against the Owls they would still get 2nd because of the most teams above 500. Both WV and McMinn would have two of their 4 non region games that have non winning seasons. The Owls played a NC team who has a 6 win season. Then if Mercury rising falls into Jupiters sunset and Rhea wins the Arm wrestling event the cow actually does jump over the moon and Elvis reappears with another new and improved Jiffy peanut butter commercial. We will know who ends up somewhere playing somebody.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be fine this week. McMinn doesn't throw the ball very well, our D-line is much better than their O-line, they will never get Jawan blocked, and we will again score some points. We are much better matched for McMinn than we were for Walker Valley. It will be nice to be able to play here at home through the playoffs rather than have to travel. However, if we are going to make it to Cookeville (and I think we can and should), we really need to improve in our pass coverage. The pick six was nice but it was because the ball was thrown too high, not because of good coverage. They missed the 2-point attempt at the end because of Tyler Brown, the receiver was wide open, just like the article in the paper said. We have really talented athletes back there but we continue to give up big pass plays. I don't claim to know what the problem is but we really need to get this corrected.

Funny. With those rules posted WV could end in a 3 way tie for second. But end up last because one of the two 6a schools they play has a 1 and 9 record if they beat the Owls and y'all beat McMinn. And y'all will beat McMinn. Both share a common opponent in Bradley. Owls have two teams that if they lose to WV and both Riverdale and East Hamilton win they stay above 500 , with a Walker Win against the Owls they would still get 2nd because of the most teams above 500. Both WV and McMinn would have two of their 4 non region games that have non winning seasons. The Owls played a NC team who has a 6 win season. Then if Mercury rising falls into Jupiters sunset and Rhea wins the Arm wrestling event the cow actually does jump over the moon and Elvis reappears with another new and improved Jiffy peanut butter commercial. We will know who ends up somewhere playing somebody.

The Big Tuna just dropped in to read about what's going on in East Tennessee; great post made me lol which team do you support McMinn or Rhea?

The Big Tuna just dropped in to read about what's going on in East Tennessee; great post made me lol which team do you support McMinn or Rhea?

I'm a WV fan first but our local kids including the above mentioned schools I've watched for years so I just want them to play hard stay healthy and enjoy their time in school before they venture into the real world. Rhea folks have always treated me good no matter why I was up there what sport or event. McMinn teams always give you their best shot win or lose they try. Can't say I ever saw them roll over for anything. And I remember the way their Football teams Seniors after a Beating a Bradley team the last game of the season (ending a bad year for them ) waited just hung out with the Bradley seniors on the field. They'd grew up playing each other. I thought that was a class act by a tough team. I think Rhea wins but if you like smash mouth football I'll bet this is the most physical game of the year. Gotta love highschool football.

This week should really be fun to watch for those of us that love smash mouth football. Two teams that like to run the ball and are physical up front. I have been looking forward to this game all year. I like our chances with them having to come to Evensville and I believe our Eagles take this one by at least a couple of touchdowns.

I'm ready to see a true classic in this one. McMinn County will definitely come ready to play. Will we? We can and should. All season long, I've been looking forward to this game. I knew coming in to the season that the Cherokees would make some noise, but I was imagining a firecracker, not an anti-aircraft gun. They've truly been this season's biggest surprise in the region, and, with only one region loss, they will definitely give this game everything they have. They have a physical offensive line, great running backs, and a tough defense. There are few problems with this team, but there is a big problem with the game itself. The game is in Evensville. I've noticed many times that homefield doesn't matter to some (Rhea is 3-1 in away playoff games under Pemberton) but it matters in Evensville. Rhea County is 4-2 in home playoff games under Coach Pemberton with wins over Lenoir City, Campbell County, Ooltewah, and Tullahoma. Their only losses are to Cleveland in 2013 and Knox West in 2014. Since 2013, Rhea County is 20-4 when playing any game at home, losing to those four opponents by an average score of 19-35. Cleveland in 2013 was a semi-final round team, Knox West won the state title in 2014, Baylor went to the semis in the tougher of the two private divisions in 2015, and Cathedral is a nationally respected football program with multiple D1 prospects and a multiple championship winning coach. Rhea County does not surrender Bill Horton Field to just anyone who comes in with a gameplan. You have to be pretty focused, polished, and executing your offense and defense at high marks to beat the Eagles at home. Homefield matters in this game, and I am certain it will influence the final outcome.

I'm ready to see a true classic in this one. McMinn County will definitely come ready to play. Will we? We can and should. All season long, I've been looking forward to this game. I knew coming in to the season that the Cherokees would make some noise, but I was imagining a firecracker, not an anti-aircraft gun. They've truly been this season's biggest surprise in the region, and, with only one region loss, they will definitely give this game everything they have. They have a physical offensive line, great running backs, and a tough defense. There are few problems with this team, but there is a big problem with the game itself. The game is in Evensville. I've noticed many times that homefield doesn't matter to some (Rhea is 3-1 in away playoff games under Pemberton) but it matters in Evensville. Rhea County is 4-2 in home playoff games under Coach Pemberton with wins over Lenoir City, Campbell County, Ooltewah, and Tullahoma. Their only losses are to Cleveland in 2013 and Knox West in 2014. Since 2013, Rhea County is 20-4 when playing any game at home, losing to those four opponents by an average score of 19-35. Cleveland in 2013 was a semi-final round team, Knox West won the state title in 2014, Baylor went to the semis in the tougher of the two private divisions in 2015, and Cathedral is a nationally respected football program with multiple D1 prospects and a multiple championship winning coach. Rhea County does not surrender Bill Horton Field to just anyone who comes in with a gameplan. You have to be pretty focused, polished, and executing your offense and defense at high marks to beat the Eagles at home. Homefield matters in this game, and I am certain it will influence the final outcome.

YEP YOU RIGHT. HOME FIELD, AND THE STRIPED HANKYS LOL YOU CAN'T CONTROL THE CATHEDRAL MUDSTOMPING THOUGH.

#LOP

#GO EAGLES!