Dyer Co./ Dyersburg

overtime

overtime...you must be kidding? you don't think people bet on high school games? come out from under that rock you live under.......

yes, i do go to vegas baby and i did vote for the lottery...

my statement about "gladly placing a wager" was nothing more than an example of my "confidence" of where the level of the trojan program for the next "5" years is going to be.....anyone who knows me knows that i do not gamble...heck, when i go to vegas it is for the buffet....

as far as dburg coaches go, i think i am a little closer to the program than you...and yes...the teams have in "general" overachieved for the most part....

SHOOTER, as far as me being a transplant - what does that have to do with anything? you may not be aware but let me educate you on something! some of your coaches at dyer cnty are "transplants"..... a lot kids at dchs are "transplants", as is the same at dburg.... the rivalry and the hipe between dc and dburg is nothing compared to many other inter-cnty rivalries in this state.... it is unfortunate that you have not experienced "life" outside of "dyer cnty"....you really should get out every now and then....

and i agree with coach tw....let's support both systems this year.....i hope that both the chocs and trojans represent all of dyer cnty well and they both make it to the boro...... they both already do that in academics as both systems are consistently in the top group of schools in the state.......

so, west tennessee.... bring it on as the trojans and chocs are ready for ya!

:)

[Edited by mg on 11-19-02 10:33A]

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people bet on high school sports. I never said they didn't. All I did was question the maturity of someone who gets on a message board and says "this big ole daddy will take that bet". You were probably talking to a 16 year old kid. It is a lot easier to make the statement about the next 5 years when everyone knows that high school success runs in cycles of success, with the exception of Choctaw Football which appears to be in cycle of continuous losing.

You are right about you being closer to the programs than I, but if Coffman and Counce say that they have over achieved on a regular basis they are blasting their own athletes and trying to cover up their own failures. Counce is a great coach, Coffman needs to be a boys coach girls do not respond to his ranting and raving on the sidelines. They are a nervous wreck on the floor and I have heard that from more than one of his current and former players. Does he know the game? Yes. Is he a good coach? Yes. Does he get the most out of his players? In my opinion, for what it is worth, no.

But as I said in the original post I wish both schools the best of luck.