Dyer Co./ Dyersburg

overtime

I have been watching the posts under the Dyer Co. thread and have been amazed at the maturity displayed. Some of the posters are students and they are supporting their teams. Others are supposedly adult fans and some are even coaches. These adult posts are pathetic. Here are some facts to consider.

1. Dyer Co. girls and boys have been having a lot of success for the past few years. A dynasty? no. Tradition? It has to start sometime. Give the kids the credit they deserve they have worked hard.

2. Dyersburg has had success with football and girls basketball recently. The football program was turned around after they hired and paid a head coach to turn the program around. The girls basketball program has not lived up to the talent they have put on the floor nor has the football team had much post season success.

3. The Lady Trojans should win the game against Dyer Co. If they do not it will be an upset. The Choctaws should win the boys contest, if they do not it will be an upset. While I suspect that the Trojans are improved they still do not have the horses to compete day in and day out with the Choctaw's.

4. What would be wrong with the Dyer Co. fans rooting for the Trojans to win every game they play this season except for when they play each other and the Trojan fans doing the same thing. Wouldn't it be great if both teams were in the state tournament?

5. For you adults and coaches that get on here. Think about what you are going to type. Don't let your fingers get out of control on the key board. A lot of these STUDENT athletes read this junk and we need to set the right example.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

careful here overtime....you do not want your true colors to show..."freudlin slip"

you do not know as much about trojan sports as you claim...

dburg boys team does in fact have the "horses" this year... they have the most athleticism i have seen in 10 years...

regarding "talent", the football and basketball coaches have done an outstanding job with what they have...if anything they usually overachieve....

also lets give dc girls some credit....they have a shot at beating dburg girls...this is a young lady trojan team......i also think the dburg boys have a legitimate chance of beating dc...the only difference between the teams is that dc will field a starting 5 that will play well together...dburg will have much more depth...the deciding factor just may be the "team play" which this early in the season favors the chocs...

i have not seen any post here regarding "pathetic" comments made between dburg vs dc... personally, i enjoy "picking at" and getting "picked at" by fans and coaches...i guess that is the competition in me, afterall this is a sports message board and you should expect fans to get after each other....maturity, well that is your opinion as well....have not seen any definition on how to measure maturity...for me, just give me my toys....

you are correct however in that each school/students should support each other...until they play each other...then it is war with no prisoners

:D:D:D:D:D

[Edited by mg on 11-18-02 12:11P]

I was on that board and this one to discuss Dyer Co. basketball. I have not and will not dog a student athlete. Go back and look. Please do not question my maturity, because as mg stated, this is a place to swap info and have a little fun, and that is what I am all about!

As for the DC/Dyersburg girls game, Dyersburg should win.

In the boys contest, the nod goes to DC. Two outstanding players on a high school basketball team will win you a lot of games.

Have you ever wondered why Dyer County is never supposed to beat Dyersburg in girls basketball? Our girls love reading that people don't give them much of a chance. It's always more fun winning games that you're not supposed to win...I'll be the first to admit that I have put the negativity towards Dyersburg away. I'm their biggest fan unless they are on the other bench...Go Trojans as well as Choctaws...Good luck to both.

The one thing that ticked me off last year was the fact that Dyersburg cheered when they announced that Dyer Co. lost to Halls. Now that is uncalled for. Im a DC fan, but would gladly root for Dyersburg if they would do the same. There is so much jeliousy involved in these two towns it is pothetic. Its like were in a Championship fight with each of us throwing haymakers at each other. I wish it would stop and stop right here and now. We need to root for each other when we are not playing against each other. I know there is kinfolk on both sides of the two cities. I don't see why we can't get along. Well I've said my sermon for the day. Good luck to both DC and Trojans!!!

MG - Overtime is right. We have two excellent programs and when they don't play each other we should stand behind them. Since you are a transplant to Dyersburg and Dyer County maybe you don't understand. Go Trojans and Go Choctaws. Cheer for your team when they play each other and cheer for both when they don't.

Maybe pathetic and maturity were a little harsh, but you do have to wonder when someone is willing to place bets on the outcome of a high school basketball game...mg or when you will lower yourself to name calling just because someone else started it...thebeave.

mg...I doubt that coach Counce or coach Coffman would either state that the majority of their teams have over achieved... with the exception of maybe the 2001 girls team that advanced to the state tournament. As for the boys games this year...the Trojans could win. Any team on any night could win, but there is more of a likely hood that DC wins by double digits. We will just have to wait and see. Good luck to the Trojans and the Choctaw's.

Overtime.... you are absolutly correct. I should have never lowered myself to that level, lapse of judgement on my part. My wife even got mad at me!!! Sometimes it is too easy to get at someone when your information comes from people who know. I am on this board to swap info, I'm through with the other.....for now!

My question is this, how will the Dyersburg girls fare in their district this year? We all know that Dyer Co.'s is wide open.

Dyersburg girls, by what I saw last year are quick and very athletic. Although I feel that D-burg should win both girls games, in regards to the rivalry, they will probally split the home and home.

I do not know enough about the other teams in Dyersburgs district to make a prediction. The Lady Trojans will be in the hunt. I do not think that the Lady Trojan's district is nearly as strong as the Lady Choctaw's. Gibson Co. and Martin are loaded although I think that Gibson Co. should be pre season pick followed by Martin. After that it will be wide open with Dyer Co. finishing anywhere from 3rd to 5th, but that can all be thrown out the window with one or two upsets that the Lady Choctaw's among others could pull off.