LazIndex 1A Rankings Week 11

LazIndexTN

I don't like it either Roy, he got teams ranked higher than teams they lost to. That boy from Columbia Academy said nobody could beat them and they way down the list

I garuntee you Grider beat that Mathis man and he was ranked #1 in 2a and Grider is way down the pole. What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you it is a durn heep of mess. You think im joking but im not.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it either Roy, he got teams ranked higher than teams they lost to. That boy from Columbia Academy said nobody could beat them and they way down the list

You guys are so correct, take 6A and 5A for example:

Bradley Central who is 7th in the AP 6A, who I have 10th in the state, SonnyMoore has 14th, lost to Hardin Valley...

Who lost to Dobyns-Bennett

Who lost to Oak Ridge

Who lost to McMinn County

Who lost to Ooltewah

Who lost to Riverdale

Who lost to Franklin

Who lost to Mt. Juliet

Who lost to Ravenwood

Who lost to Brentwood

Who lost to Rossview

Who lost to Station Camp

So 3-6 Station Camp should be a top 10 or top 15 team in the entire state using that logic. You are right, how in the world could anybody ever be ranked below somebody they beat. Station Camp must be better than all of those teams.

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you this pole isnt near as accurate as my buddy Murphy. You got those Jasperlites ranked #51 and Griders team #88. Did you not no Grider beat them? You think im joking but im not.

What kind of mess is this?? This Laz man shows us his pole every week. That Murphy man only shows his before the season starts. Maybe that Murphy man should get some of those pills they show on the tv and then he could show his pole every week. You think I'm jokin but I'm not.

Let's use that logic with a team here in TN that your logic is telling us should be a top 10 team in the country.

Div II Tusculum beat Limestone 34 - 13

Div II Limestone beat Shaw NC 35 - 6

Div II Shaw NC beat JC Smith 11 - 8

Div II JC Smith beat Eliz. City St 31 - 28

Div II Eliz. City St beat Chowan 40 - 21

Div II Chowan beat West Florida 35 - 28

Div II West Florida beat Florida Tech 42 - 39

Div II Florida Tech beat Presbyterian 28 - 7

Div I - FCS Presbyterian beat Monmouth NJ 17 - 13

Div I - FCS Monmouth NJ beat Lehigh 23 - 21

Div I - FCS Lehigh beat Penn 49 - 28

Div I - FCS Penn beat Columbia 35 - 10

Div I - FCS Columbia beat Wagner 15 - 13

Div I - FCS Wagner beat Sacred Heart 45 - 20

Div I - FCS Sacred Heart beat Stony Brook 38 - 10

Div I - FCS Stony Brook beat Richmond 42 - 14

Div I - FCS Richmond beat Virginia 37 - 20

Div I - FBS Virginia beat C Michigan 49 - 35

Div I - FBS C Michigan beat Oklahoma St 30 - 27

Div I - FBS Oklahoma St beat Pittsburgh 45 - 38

Div I - FBS Pittsburgh beat Penn St 42 - 39

Div I - FBS Penn St beat Ohio St 24 - 21

So not only is Tusculum better than Ohio St., they should beat them by 288 points since that is what the total spread is of all these games. It couldn't be that one team was better on a certain night even though they aren't better than that team overall. That is crazy talk, you all are right, SP is light years ahead of Marion County.

Laz, just for the record I believe you have a great ranking system. It's calculated and has substance to it. I just don't necessarily agree with all of them. Keep up the good work though youngun.

Thanks Bass. Much respect to you too, I just find it funny when people use head to head as the end all be all for disproving a ranking. Any given Friday night, everybody knows that, including me believe it or not.

Thanks Bass. Much respect to you too, I just find it funny when people use head to head as the end all be all for disproving a ranking. Any given Friday night, everybody knows that, including me believe it or not.

I will say that yours does actually have numbers to back it up and is probably the most accurate on paper, but as with all polls they don't measure heart and heart is what separates teams in big games. Thanks for putting in the time, if nothing else it gives us something to debate.

Look, My Division 3 alma mater, Maryville College is the best team in country. Go Scots!

Div III Maryville TN beat Ferrum 42 - 19

Div III Ferrum beat LaGrange 44 - 20

Div III LaGrange is better than Webber because LaGrange beat Ave Maria 54 - 17

while Webber only beat Ave Maria 14 - 9

NAIA Webber beat St Xavier IL 36 - 31

NAIA St Xavier IL beat St Francis IL 42 - 35

NAIA St Francis IL beat Davenport 24 - 21

NAIA Davenport beat Quincy 14 - 10

Div II Quincy beat Drake 38 - 35

Div I - FCS Drake beat Valparaiso 35 - 21

Div I - FCS Valparaiso beat Stetson 21 - 18

Div I - FCS Stetson beat Brown 31 - 21

Div I - FCS Brown beat Bryant 35 - 27

Div I - FCS Bryant beat Wagner 27 - 17

Div I - FCS Wagner beat Sacred Heart 45 - 20

Div I - FCS Sacred Heart beat Stony Brook 38 - 10

Div I - FCS Stony Brook beat Richmond 42 - 14

Div I - FCS Richmond beat Virginia 37 - 20

Div I - FBS Virginia beat Duke 34 - 20

Div I - FBS Duke beat Notre Dame 38 - 35

Div I - FBS Notre Dame beat Syracuse 50 - 33

Div I - FBS Syracuse beat Virginia Tech 31 - 17

Div I - FBS Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 34 - 3

Div I - FBS North Carolina beat Florida St 37 - 35

Div I - FBS Florida St is better than Alabama because Florida St beat Mississippi 45 - 34

while Alabama only beat Mississippi 48 - 43

The point is that any team with a victory on the season could have a claim to the top ranking if you use just head to head when analyzing a team's strength. Alabama would not only destroy the Scots they would probably end up severely injuring the entire team. There is much more than what happened during one game. Rankings are around to analyze the overall body of work.

I will say that yours does actually have numbers to back it up and is probably the most accurate on paper, but as with all polls they don't measure heart and heart is what separates teams in big games. Thanks for putting in the time, if nothing else it gives us something to debate.

Much appreciated, thank you so much!