Region 6-5A Playoffs

VizualProphet

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With three playoff spots still up for grabs, who will be playing next Friday and why?

3 spots open and 4 vying for those spots. Actually only 2 spots remain as Cane Ridge and Beech have both qualified. Beech's placement is the unknown.

Cane Ridge- region champion

Beech- solid defense, non flashy offense that gets it done, good special teams unit which can block punts. Solid coaching.

Hillsboro- good quick defense, offense is good enough to make you pay, coaching is not a question, do play undisciplined at times and get penalized

Hendersonville-good offense and defense but not as quick as the past few years. Should be able to play with anyone on any given night.

Gallatin-great runningback but may rely on him too much at times. Defense has improved. Quick players but have been inconsistent at times.

I think Hendersonville is the odd man out. My opinion. Everyone else controls their destiny.

Think CR,Hillsboro,Beech and Gallatin will make the playoffs. Everyone has been battle tested in this region. We are paired to play region 5-5A in the playoffs, that region is weak... Independence is the best team in the region, by a land slide. LaVernge is a total disappointment with all their talent & D1 prospects. There not even going to make the playoffs. Independence has played a cupcake schedule, toughest game for them was Smyrna week 4 which the won21-7.,but Smyrna lost their starting RB Casey Perkins in the first qtr with ACL tear. So we will all face each other again in the playoffs.

No worries RavenNation2016 we'll just line em up and knock em down one by one each week. True last years' team was special and almost impossible to duplicate but all Indy did was reload and continue their winning ways to 25-0. QB is #3 in 5A in passing, the RB is #2 in TD's, all four starting receivers have D1 scholarships, the top 2 sack leaders in 5A are both from Indy and they have 2 of the top 4 with interceptions in 5A. Not to mention a very good unheralded offensive line. Not sure what two games you saw this year but if it wasn't from week 6 to now then you didn't see the real Indy team with all their starters back. I'm pretty sure Smyrna would give anyone from region 6 a tough test. Casey goes down with an injury which was unfortunate but his backup was very fast and shifty and finished with 100 yards himself. Their QB is a MTSU commit and all we did was pick him off three times. Just saying.

No worries RavenNation2016 we'll just line em up and knock em down one by one each week. True last years' team was special and almost impossible to duplicate but all Indy did was reload and continue their winning ways to 25-0. QB is #3 in 5A in passing, the RB is #2 in TD's, all four starting receivers have D1 scholarships, the top 2 sack leaders in 5A are both from Indy and they have 2 of the top 4 with interceptions in 5A. Not to mention a very good unheralded offensive line. Not sure what two games you saw this year but if it wasn't from week 6 to now then you didn't see the real Indy team with all their starters back. I'm pretty sure Smyrna would give anyone from region 6 a tough test. Casey goes down with an injury which was unfortunate but his backup was very fast and shifty and finished with 100 yards himself. Their QB is a MTSU commit and all we did was pick him off three times. Just saying.

How many tds does the runningback have?

Good - so you saw the first two games of the year when we were missing 4 senior starters in the Brentwood game and three senior starters for the Centennial game? Then you should be pleasantly surprised IF you get to round three. Every team has improved since the early part of the season and nobody more than Hillsboro. I'm sure both Hillsboro and CR have fine defenses but at the same time they haven't seen a spread offense quite like ours. Now CR talks big about being a spread offense but truth be told it's nothing more than a spread running offense with 15-20 passes per game. I'm not saying the scores are going to be running clocks or anything but last time I checked you only need to be 1 point better than your opponent. Let's see how CR does with the pressure of being undefeated and being the one hunted.