CAK@Betsy

lawnman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, this shouldn't be a good game. If Betsy doesn't win this game convincingly, their next game is gonna be ugly. Good luck to both. Hope for an injury free game. Gotta pull for CAK, but would love to host Betsy. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

We are playing good football right now and our sophomore QB that was our RB is a special player.

Betsy is the favorite in this game and should be the favorite. Let's be candid. In the CAK offense, if you lose your College prospect, Senior QB, that is a huge loss. Losing your starting QB in any system is significant, but losing him in CAK's system is huge. But I have to say from about half way through the second quarter tonight, throughout the end of the game, I saw significant growth by the new QB in confidence and competence in running our offense.

At CAK we have been fortunate that other that one game in Charlie High's sophomore year, we have not had an injury to our QB that kept him from playing in many years. I suspect the new QB, who was a the starter at inside LB never expected to take a meaningful snap this entire year with Cole Smith as the starting QB. He had to be focused on being the quarter back of the defense, not the offense, and he did a great job at MLB / ILB. He has now had 3 weeks to get the first team reps, and adjust to the mindset of being THE QB of this team and I saw a kid that grew up throughout this game. He is tough as nails running the ball, no one questioned that, but what I saw was a QB that started seeing and accurately throwing to wide receivers. I personally am proud of that young man. And I have to give a shout out to #9 who had a tremendous game on both offense and defense. You just can't let a kid like that sit. He just has to rest on Saturday and Sunday is all I know.

Bottom line, IMO, Betsy has earned the right to be the favorite, but I think CAK may be getting grossly underestimated next week. I think the Cyclones may be in for much more of a game than they or others think, or than they would prefer. As always, just my opinions. Your mileage may vary.

Betsy is the favorite in this game and should be the favorite. Let's be candid. In the CAK offense, if you lose your College prospect, Senior QB, that is a huge loss. Losing your starting QB in any system is significant, but losing him in CAK's system is huge. But I have to say from about half way through the second quarter tonight, throughout the end of the game, I saw significant growth by the new QB in confidence and competence in running our offense.

At CAK we have been fortunate that other that one game in Charlie High's sophomore year, we have not had an injury to our QB that kept him from playing in many years. I suspect the new QB, who was a the starter at inside LB never expected to take a meaningful snap this entire year with Cole Smith as the starting QB. He had to be focused on being the quarter back of the defense, not the offense, and he did a great job at MLB / ILB. He has now had 3 weeks to get the first team reps, and adjust to the mindset of being THE QB of this team and I saw a kid that grew up throughout this game. He is tough as nails running the ball, no one questioned that, but what I saw was a QB that started seeing and accurately throwing to wide receivers. I personally am proud of that young man. And I have to give a shout out to #9 who had a tremendous game on both offense and defense. You just can't let a kid like that sit. He just has to rest on Saturday and Sunday is all I know.

Bottom line, IMO, Betsy has earned the right to be the favorite, but I think CAK may be getting grossly underestimated next week. I think the Cyclones may be in for much more of a game than they or others think, or than they would prefer. As always, just my opinions. Your mileage may vary.

I promise you the Betsy fans and players are not taking CAK for granted and we know that CAK will be ready on Friday night.The thing I like about Betsy this year from years past is our offensive and defensive line play is real good and I believe we have a great shot to win this game.I have a lot of respect for CAK and there program.

I promise you the Betsy fans and players are not taking CAK for granted and we know that CAK will be ready on Friday night.The thing I like about Betsy this year from years past is our offensive and defensive line play is real good and I believe we have a great shot to win this game.I have a lot of respect for CAK and there program.

Yup. D line look great!

Number 16 for CAK needs to play both ways. He is extremely valuable as a receiver but he would also be one of the top defenders on the team. If we are going to play some players both ways, which we are, in my opinion, number 16 needs to be playing outside linebacker on almost all the snaps. That is no disrespect to the other players but I believe number 16 could not only contribute but start and be one of our top defense of players.

The only thing I know is that EHS will have a few more fans there this week but not close to being full and most will set there the first half and talk then the band will play at half time and they will clap and yell and go crazy then a lot will leave. Elizabethton talks like it is a big football town but as someone that lives here and goes to the games it is not if the band did their show on Thursday nights then the crowd that was there this past Friday would be normal.