CAK@Betsy

lawnman

maybe so still is the best team Alcoa will see in the playoffs

Ummm, maybe. Scott is more athletic and better than they've been in past years, but I'm not sure they are better than Betsy or a CAK (if they win this week) that has had 5 weeks to get adjusted to losing their SR college prospect QB. If CAK beats Betsy, they will be the best team Alcoa sees in the east. If Betsy beats CAK, Betsy will be the best team Alcoa will see in the east. Now as far as the middle and the west, I can't speak to that. I know Milan is strong this year, but until someone from the west plays a competitive game with Alcoa, I'm not going to believe it. And I don't see a CPA in the mid state that is likely to challenge Alcoa. Regardless, Alcoa is at a different level than the rest of 3A this year. It will take a special night for someone to challenge or defeat them.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a CAK watcher, couldn't agree more. One thing I don't think many have mentioned on this board is the fantastic job the offense has done this season. No returning starting receivers, 0 capable traditional running backs on the roster, and an offensive line that was/is a huge question mark week in and week out, the offensive staff has done a remarkable job. Too many of the football games won by the Warriors were shootouts, the defense definitely has been lacking this year, but proud of the Warrior offense for losing CRB and still being as productive as they have been without the traditional weapons CAK is used to.

Slaughter, somehow years ago I thought you were a Loudon fan. I guess I totally missed it. Can you clarify (just for my curiosity) what team you support?

Ummm, maybe. Scott is more athletic and better than they've been in past years, but I'm not sure they are better than Betsy or a CAK (if they win this week) that has had 5 weeks to get adjusted to losing their SR college prospect QB. If CAK beats Betsy, they will be the best team Alcoa sees in the east. If Betsy beats CAK, Betsy will be the best team Alcoa will see in the east. Now as far as the middle and the west, I can't speak to that. I know Milan is strong this year, but until someone from the west plays a competitive game with Alcoa, I'm not going to believe it. And I don't see a CPA in the mid state that is likely to challenge Alcoa. Regardless, Alcoa is at a different level than the rest of 3A this year. It will take a special night for someone to challenge or defeat them.

we will just disagree on that I think Cak has a good team.and I am a big Cole smith(I think I am the only one that threw his name out there on that thread that ask who is best qb )fan but right now I would not trade our qb for any one else in 3a he is back in form playing great he did not play against Cak we were with out our left tackle and 1 of our best players on the defense side of ball

Scott is a good team but Alcoa is just too much. They've already played once at Alcoa, Tornadoes 42-7 so even if Scott plays them well I see a 14-21 point Alcoa win. It's sad they have to meet so early and we do not see a closer match but if Alcoa ends up being the 3a champs SHS can say they played the best team twice, and no shame in losing to them.

[CAK vs EHS]:

Scott and Elizabethton both beat Northview, EHS 50-19 & Scott 49-14 but not sure how fast EHS put Northview away in comparison. Scott was up 34-10 at half vs CAK but just could not put a complete drive together to score in the 2nd half. The QB for Scott not being out vs CAK could've been a SHS win but we'll never know. I did see the 1st qtr of EHS vs PF game and I think it was 21-0 1st qtr, 47-7 final. CAK was down to PF 24-21 at one point before CAK outscored them 35-13. "If" CAK can keep it close the first half and they play like the team that outscored PF 35-13 for all 4 qtrs they have a shot.

Edited by TheOgre78

Since you guys have played both, how do Eliz and Alcoa match up against each other?

Elizabethton played Alcoa in the spring. Not exactly strangers. Alcoa's defense can flat play. No weakness. Play fast and physical. Sometimes it takes them a few minutes to "get the juices flowing". Nix will blitz from where and when you least expect. Tall, athletic safeties make it tough to throw deep.

Elizabethton's D-Line is very good. LB are good but not quite as good as Alcoa.

Offensively I was impressed with the execution and play calling from Elizabethton. OL run blocks very well. A little suspect I think in pass protection. The QB is a great player. A threat to run every play. Might not have the same passing threat without the injured QB but he can run and throw. Well coached......

Alcoa- Two headed dragon at QB...One can throw and one can run. Rankin does the simple things better than anybody else. Never a secret what's coming but can you stop it. 6-5 Division 1 receiver that is almost impossible to cover. Stable of RB who are not going to get tired. OL will challenge E-Town DL. This match-up will be worth price of admission.

Elizabethton has got to keep it close. Try to control the clock. Steal a score. Get a few turnovers. Get into the 4th QTR with a chance and see what happens.

But Elizabethton will have to beat CAK first.....Warriors are play-off tested. Not the first rodeo. Sounds like the new QB is improving.......Cyclones better score early and often. Predict high scoring affair.....Too close to call

Elizabethton played Alcoa in the spring. Not exactly strangers. Alcoa's defense can flat play. No weakness. Play fast and physical. Sometimes it takes them a few minutes to "get the juices flowing". Nix will blitz from where and when you least expect. Tall, athletic safeties make it tough to throw deep.

Offensively I was impressed with the execution and play calling from Elizabethton. OL run blocks very well. A little suspect I think in pass protection. The QB is a great player. A threat to run every play. Might not have the same passing threat without the injured QB but he can run and throw. Well coached......

Alcoa- Two headed dragon at QB...One can throw and one can run. Rankin does the simple things better than anybody else. Never a secret what's coming but can you stop it. 6-5 Division 1 receiver that is almost impossible to cover. Stable of RB who are not going to get tired. OL will challenge E-Town DL. This match-up will be worth price of admission.

Elizabethton has got to keep it close. Try to control the clock. Steal a score. Get a few turnovers. Get into the 4th QTR with a chance and see what happens.

But Elizabethton will have to beat CAK first.....Warriors are play-off tested. Not the first rodeo. Sounds like the new QB is improving.......Cyclones better score early and often. Predict high scoring affair.....Too close to call

if Alcoa and elizibethton meet in next rd Alcoa wins by 35

Offensively I was impressed with the execution and play calling from Elizabethton. OL run blocks very well. A little suspect I think in pass protection. The QB is a great player. A threat to run every play. Might not have the same passing threat without the injured QB but he can run and throw. Well coached......

Thank you. Great info on both teams.

I do not post much anymore. However, I'll make a special occasion just because CAK has been a thorn so to speak. This game is very important and cannot be looked past. Elizabethton just needs to WIN THE DAY. Each day. Not look to the future. I do not care who is hurt at CAK they are not going to lay down and say here you go have fun. The same can be said for Elizabethton I do believe there to be a few key injuries here also.

In the end yes I believe Elizabethton can win. However, they need to play like there is no tomorrow every week. On a personal level I hope they win by 50. But a win by 1 will do just fine.