Halls at Morristown West (2nd round)

Worst Officiating I have ever seen !!! The Refs just gave that game to Morristown West, there's was no way they were going to give us a chance to win ! I mean really MW players rip the helmet off of #2 and start punching him in the mouth and bust his lip with 3 Refs standing right there and no call!!! You have to be kidding I have never seen anything like it . Then on 3 and 8 the same Ref makes up a face mask call when # 9 makes a huge sack and was nowhere near his face mask . It was a great game I just wish they would have let the kids play and not the Refs give it too you !!! MW is the one of the cheapest teams I have seen and you guys should be proud that you payed the Refs off to beat us !!

Both defenses played well. I thought it was a pretty evenly matched game.

What seemed crazy to me was that the refs let the west players constantly grab at the Halls quarterback's face mask after being tackled in an effort to get him out of the game for a play. They tried on several occasions, even though they were only successful twice. Still not one penalty for face mask.

What was crazier was when one mo west player chose to make a classless piece of crap play. He got Harbin's face mask off and then proceeded to punch him in the face right at the feet of the side judge. No penalty. No ejection. He would have kept hitting him if his teammate didn't pull him off.

If you don't believe me, watch the channel 10 highlights for yourself. The sportscaster was stunned by the "no call."

It's an absolute shame to see a great playoff game tarnished like that.

I hope the film makes it to the TSSAA office and that player gets ejected for the next game and the referee that witnessed it and did nothing is dealt with as well.

Edited by fairplay2121

Both defenses played well. I thought it was a pretty evenly matched game.

What seemed crazy to me was that the refs let the west players constantly grab at the Halls quarterback's face mask after being tackled in an effort to get him out of the game for a play. They tried on several occasions, even though they were only successful twice. Still not one penalty for face  mask.

What was crazier was when one classless piece of crap (Pretty sure it was #56) got Harbin's face mask off and then proceeded to punch him in the face right at the feet of the side judge. No penalty. No ejection. He would have kept hitting him if his teammate didn't pull him off.

If you don't believe me, watch the channel 10 highlights for yourself. The sportscaster was stunned by the "no call."

It's an absolute shame to see a great playoff game tarnished like that.

I hope the film makes it to the TSSAA office and that player gets ejected for the next game and the referee that witnessed it and did nothing is dealt with as well.

Well, takes a big man to anonymously go on the internet and call a 17 year old kid a "classless piece of crap".  Yes it should have been a penalty and yes he probably should have been ejected, but you're judging a kids character because he got carried away in the heat of battle for a few seconds.  The refs also missed plenty of late hits on Halls as well, including one where Harbin speared Daymion Blevins in the back after he was already down and the whistle had blown.  To say the refs took this game from Halls is ridiculous, one missed call didn't cost Halls the game, they came and played a great game and lost to a better team, simple as that.

I don't have a horse in this race (although I always pull for West if they aren't playing Oak Ridge) I just find it funny how 98% of posters on here when their said team loses can never just fess up and admit that the better team won. I see it WAY too often on here. Humility is a lost art in today's society.. Sometimes you just have to admit the better man won. 

Edited by SweetScience

Hey guys I've never posted on here but this topic made me feel obligated to post. I am a Halls alum and Halls fan and I thought West was the slightly better team. Your defense is very solid and the secondary guys had some great open field tackles last night. The refs did make some bad calls and the facemask at the end was pretty bad but did not determine the outcome. All that being said, I witnessed a player for West stomp on our QB's face after the fumble where his helmet came off. I saw one poster comment about questioning the integrity of a 17 year old and I agree to a point. This isn't something about getting caught up in the moment. This is a blatant attempt to hurt a player while he is down. I have played the game and this never came across my mind. The player who did this has 0 integrity or respect for the game and I am thankful one of his teammates had some and pulled him away before anymore damage could be done. The West coach should suspend the player for the remainder of the season in my opinion because there is no room for these actions in this game! Long rant but all that aside amazing game of two strong teams! Had a blast at the game and wish the West Trojans the best of luck the rest of the way!