Top ranked Bradley comes calling on Blackman.

Blaze45

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman's running game is good.  #33 is a stud and the QB is pretty quick as well.  I was not that impressed with their passing game.

Our QBdid not have his usual weapons. as receiver only played a little bit  and tight end was setting this one out. Hope to see more of them this week. 

#13 is a big target although I thought we covered him pretty well.  

You guys did a good job on him, I was very nervous about you guys,as ya'll have a solid program and are a scrappy bunch. .. 13 was a little gimpy all last week.Thankfully he is just a sophomore and we have him the qb and the rb back along with most of the O-line next year We are going to miss our 6'4 250 tight end Sewell.. he is a great lead blocker for Knox 13 and Teague 33 as well as can catch and run himself.  

Beating us is by throwing most the time. Our strength is run defense. Teams can run on us, but it's difficult for the most part. Secondary is good, but not that good or great. They get exposed quite a bit. Like everyone says, we are small. Smallest team in 6A. Especially defense, but we are fast and physical. Defense you'll see a lot of #1 Jay Pearson, Still and Jake Pressly. Those are the 3 on defense that causes problems most the time. Jay will be all in your back field busting up plays if y'all ain't careful.

Good passing and QB can beat Bradley and run the ball good. Offense have you should read on all topics on us and I've done said earlier, stop Tucker if y'all can. One of the fastest kids around Tennessee. Standifer (back up QB again) is now back at WR and he became a very good WR, but Tucker will hurt the most. We really don't have a running game. They use Adam kinda too much to get so little of gains. He's a power horse, just doesn't get much.

Special teams. We have a FG kicker that can hit a lot of FG, but misses XP. Kick receiving team. DO NOT kick it to Tucker. Still is your other option, but he is kinda dangerous too returning kicks.

If anyone we played his year replies to your questions, this is basically what you'll get by everyone. Your biggest threats are Cole and Tucker. I'm sure yalls coaches already knows this.

Pretty accurate view of our team.

Defense is small, yes, but fast and physical, arriving mad and usually in a group... sometimes too mad, but I would rather have to try to slow them down than get them to be faster and more aggressive.

Offense has a lot of weapons. Mullis is a good RB but rather undersized, but don't let that fool you. Very hard runner and hard to get down, much more so than he appears from his size. Tucker is the leading receiver, fast and quick and really someone to contend with. Mahoney is a good target and has stepped up his game the latter part of the year, particularly after Copeland went down and they moved Standifer to QB. Trevon Hill is the other wideout at 6-4 and can out jump most. Standifer took over at WR when Nick Howell went down with a broken collarbone, and makes it hard to focus on Tucker, with his play at WR. He is a real athlete and does many things on this team as a sophomore; WR, Punter, and backup QB.

Kicking has improved tremedously in the process of the season and yes a lot of XP tries were not good early on but in the last 2-3rds of the season has been much more accurate and automatic.

Pretty accurate view of our team.

Defense is small, yes, but fast and physical, arriving mad and usually in a group... sometimes too mad, but I would rather have to try to slow them down than get them to be faster and more aggressive.

Offense has a lot of weapons. Mullis is a good RB but rather undersized, but don't let that fool you. Very hard runner and hard to get down, much more so than he appears from his size. Tucker is the leading receiver, fast and quick and really someone to contend with. Mahoney is a good target and has stepped up his game the latter part of the year, particularly after Copeland went down and they moved Standifer to QB. Trevon Hill is the other wideout at 6-4 and can out jump most. Standifer took over at WR when Nick Howell went down with a broken collarbone, and makes it hard to focus on Tucker, with his play at WR. He is a real athlete and does many things on this team as a sophomore; WR, Punter, and backup QB.

Kicking has improved tremedously in the process of the season and yes a lot of XP tries were not good early on but in the last 2-3rds of the season has been much more accurate and automatic.

Sounds like we have a boat load of areas to try to focus on... Hopefully we will be able to minimize the big plays and try to just be as physical and fast as you all. 

Beating us is by throwing most the time. Our strength is run defense. Teams can run on us, but it's difficult for the most part. Secondary is good, but not that good or great. They get exposed quite a bit. Like everyone says, we are small. Smallest team in 6A. Especially defense, but we are fast and physical. Defense you'll see a lot of #1 Jay Pearson, Still and Jake Pressly. Those are the 3 on defense that causes problems most the time. Jay will be all in your back field busting up plays if y'all ain't careful.

Good passing and QB can beat Bradley and run the ball good. Offense have you should read on all topics on us and I've done said earlier, stop Tucker if y'all can. One of the fastest kids around Tennessee. Standifer (back up QB again) is now back at WR and he became a very good WR, but Tucker will hurt the most. We really don't have a running game. They use Adam kinda too much to get so little of gains. He's a power horse, just doesn't get much.

Special teams. We have a FG kicker that can hit a lot of FG, but misses XP. Kick receiving team. DO NOT kick it to Tucker. Still is your other option, but he is kinda dangerous too returning kicks.

If anyone we played his year replies to your questions, this is basically what you'll get by everyone. Your biggest threats are Cole and Tucker. I'm sure yalls coaches already knows this.

1. Bradley's top RB (5) was hurt early in season. The other guy who was supposed to get a lot of carries (3) has been out, in & back out with injuries. #33 has actually had a heck of a year running it, all things considered. (All these - & probably 80% of key players are juniors this year).

2. I think they should kick it to Tucker (yes, a Jr.). Damon will be mad at you for telling them this - LOL

Edited by FootballFan51

1. Bradley's top RB (5) was hurt early in season. The other guy who was supposed to get a lot of carries (3) has been out, in & back out with injuries. #33 has actually had a heck of a year running it, all things considered. (All these - & probably 80% of key players are juniors this year).

2. I think they should kick it to Tucker (yes, a Jr.). Damon will be mad at you for telling them this - LOL

Eh teams still kick it to him so they don't listen to me or read my comments lol. Still is just as good and dangerous so it works out for both lol

The Blackman Blaze will host Bradley Central this Friday night who is coming off a win against a like opponent Cookeville in a close game. Blackman also won over Cookeville coming from behind in a close game this year but the difference is these two teams are heading in different directions. Blackman has improved over the past few games and with their running game with Master Teague at the highest point it’s been all year they should be able to run into the third round, Bradley Central has played all year on a steady pace of consistency on both sides of the ball but will be a little under matched as they come into the Inferno. This game too could be a close one starting out slow but I see Blackman advancing pulling away late to a win.

The Blackman Blaze will host Bradley Central this Friday night who is coming off a win against a like opponent Cookeville in a close game. Blackman also won over Cookeville coming from behind in a close game this year but the difference is these two teams are heading in different directions. Blackman has improved over the past few games and with their running game with Master Teague at the highest point it’s been all year they should be able to run into the third round, Bradley Central has played all year on a steady pace of consistency on both sides of the ball but will be a little under matched as they come into the Inferno. This game too could be a close one starting out slow but I see Blackman advancing pulling away late to a win.

Hoping you are right