Round 3 Marion County vs. Forrest

Astimeexpires01

But they were punching in the gut ,right?! Because that's why I was in the ER this morning till 2. I have never taught my son to be mouthy on the field or to play dirty! And if I caught him I'd jerk him off the field and chew him out. And maybe your classy coach can come pay the doctor bill I will be paying since he is teaching lessons on class! So does kids that are ejected not have to leave the field completely! Thought you had to go to the locker room. Just asking?

Not sure how it works in high school but he didn't go back in. Actually you won't be paying any dr bill. The school will. Mine got hurt at football and never had to pay a dime. Maybe one of your own guys threw the punch. I wonder how our rb feels after #4 stomped on his ankle after a tackle and I know you saw our #73's helmet about 20 yds down field on one play. Wonder how that happened??? Hope your kid is ok but some of that mess last night was uncalled for.

I agree with you! It is uncalled for! On both sides! Kids are gonna run that mouth but when it turns to dirty playing I'm out! He is gonna be ok. Just bruised up. Thought it was his spline. It happened on a kick return in the third. He tried to stay in but when he picked up the fumble and started sprinting he couldn't catch his breath. I will say this Marion County is a well oiled machine. Tough bunch of kids. Honestly I hope y'all win it all.

I agree with you! It is uncalled for! On both sides! Kids are gonna run that mouth but when it turns to dirty playing I'm out! He is gonna be ok. Just bruised up. Thought it was his spline. It happened on a kick return in the third. He tried to stay in but when he picked up the fumble and started sprinting he couldn't catch his breath. I will say this Marion County is a well oiled machine. Tough bunch of kids. Honestly I hope y'all win it all.

Glad he is ok. Not sure we can win it but we are gonna give it a shot. Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys next week.

Lineman #51 after we scored to go up 34-7. 2 of their kids were shoving him after the play was over and he jumped right back on them. Refs always see the 2nd person. Forrest got a little mouthy and chippy when reality set in. I'm sure our kids were mouthing too though. We weren't shoving after plays and stepping on kids legs though. 99% of that falls on the coach for letting it continue. That's why they got 55 on them. Could have ended a respectable score but not after that type of play. You have to teach lessons sometimes.

So tell me again what team had an ejected player and the most personal foul penalties? It's always funny how perception rarely matches reality. Best wishes to Marion, were they the better team, clearly, but to act like they were the classy "victim" is a joke and you know better. As for the 55, I'd say two pick sixes and a fumble inside Forrest's own 20 had more to do with that than Marion "punishing" Forrest. Although the score didn't show it, it was clear to me that Marion had a better team last year. They are good yes, but certainly beatable.

So tell me again what team had an ejected player and the most personal foul penalties? It's always funny how perception rarely matches reality. Best wishes to Marion, were they the better team, clearly, but to act like they were the classy "victim" is a joke and you know better. As for the 55, I'd say two pick sixes and a fumble inside Forrest's own 20 had more to do with that than Marion "punishing" Forrest. Although the score didn't show it, it was clear to me that Marion had a better team last year. They are good yes, but certainly beatable.

Like I said earlier. I know our kids run their mouths just like yours did. Ours knew they were playing next week and it was stressed to them by coaches to not do anything to get tossed for. It's just odd that last week there were people talking about dirty play against Meigs and another poster on here from a local team saying the same thing too. Do you ever see anyone else say anything about us playing dirty? We play physical but not dirty. You're #4 was a big part of the mess that started. Our #51 was the kid that got tossed. Just so happens a ref told one of the coaches that the kid involved from Forrest, his dad works for TSSAA. Any truth to that? Forrest had a better team last year too.

As far as being beatable.... Everyone is beatable. You should know that!

Just be glad you never have to play us again. Unless you want to schedule a regular season game? We would accommodate you. Trust me

Edited by PurplePower68

OK so we scored on 8 straight offensive possessions and put our 2s in with 1023 to go in the 4th so I can see how you would think we are down this year.  Turnovers are created by good plays in most cases as they were last night.  A senior told me you were the dirtiest team he had played in his whole career so thats something to be proud of I guess, way to make a mark.  You can't necessarily see the eye gouging and underhanded stuff that your team does from the stands but it happened.  As far as the ejection if you watch football its not usually the instigator that gets ejected but rather the player who gets frustrated and reacts.  The bottom line is for two weeks you have been called dirty.  This game was never even competitive and your kids have a bad way of showing their frustration.

OK so we scored on 8 straight offensive possessions and put our 2s in with 1023 to go in the 4th so I can see how you would think we are down this year.  Turnovers are created by good plays in most cases as they were last night.  A senior told me you were the dirtiest team he had played in his whole career so thats something to be proud of I guess, way to make a mark.  You can't necessarily see the eye gouging and underhanded stuff that your team does from the stands but it happened.  As far as the ejection if you watch football its not usually the instigator that gets ejected but rather the player who gets frustrated and reacts.  The bottom line is for two weeks you have been called dirty.  This game was never even competitive and your kids have a bad way of showing their frustration.

+1

TFP newspaper shows that MC had 6 penalties for 66yds; Forrest had 6 for 48yds. Other stat that caught my eye were: Total yards 388-mc to 176-forrest.

Congrats MC! Next week Good luck against AE!!

TFP newspaper shows that MC had 6 penalties for 66yds; Forrest had 6 for 48yds. Other stat that caught my eye were: Total yards 388-mc to 176-forrest.

Congrats MC! Next week Good luck against AE!!

Forrest had 70 yds on their first drive and about that many on their last drive. Tough sledding in between those 2 though. Offensively we didn't play that great. We had a lot of drives we just seemed out of sorts. Credit Forrest defense for some of that though.