Liberty and CPA Rematch

hogman49

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Hey BC.... You goons seen any film in Liberty and CPA. I remember last year during semi final week you guys have your opinion of the two after watching some film. Liberty is impressive but I haven't seen anything in CPA other than a couple of things posted on here.

Much respect to CPA. They have run the gauntlet and taken their lumps. I won't count them out. However, if Alcoa is able to get past Sequatchie in the Semifinals, it would be nice to see a different Team, I have heard about Liberty for the past few years only for them to get dropped by CPA.

I think it is their year...I will go with Liberty.

Been on the CPA bandwagon all season and I am not jumping off. There is something to be said about a culture of winning in November.

come on GB, don't fall into that propaganda...you said they would make the semis and they did...a young squad with great coaching and a weak division...weathered the storm and made some statements...but not this time

that November myth is a fairy tale...just ask Milan...next year and basically every year after when Milan returns...it should become obvious to everyone how weak 3a is outside of Alcoa and Blount Co

I think Stratford and GP was probably tougher than you think this year. The top 4 in region 5 was better than I've seen over the past 5 years or so.

I'm sure they were probably better...but a lot of things look better when a team loses so many quality players to graduation...

take Liberty this year...we lost our whole linebacking core,2 defensive linemen, half the O line and a running back...

we are not as good as last season...I along with several others believed Milan and Dyersburg to be much improved...but I knew they hadn't done enough to close the gap...it is what it is...now I wasn't nearly as confident as I was last season and dyersburg gave us all we wanted and more last week...

CPA has been the class of that district for a handful of years...a rebuilding year occurs and the other teams take advantage, but they didn't take the throne from your Lions, not even close

I told Turner before the season last year we had a chance to go undefeated...I thought we would have 1 loss this year...north side gave us a spanking that I wasn't expecting and hats off to them for doing so

Liberty is coming off of 3 truly special teams in a row...most schools wont ever know that type of success...I realize that next season we may take some well deserved beatings, but I also know that we wont be lacking talent or depth for long...regardless of how much the school board interferes...so liberty may not be the top dog next season, but no one in west TN is taking our place at the top...does that make sense? I will say this tho...Haywood may very well run away from us all...they have the most upside from top to bottom...year 3 under Hookfin, ill take at least a semifinal birth

When it comes down to it, the bracket winner on one side for the Semi's from the West was a 4-6 Team. Not taking away from what CPA has done at all. Great Coach and they got better. I have seen them first hand for 3 years straight now.

What does it say when an undefeated team is beaten in the second round by a team with a loosing record?

When it comes down to it, the bracket winner on one side for the Semi's from the West was a 4-6 Team. Not taking away from what CPA has done at all. Great Coach and they got better. I have seen them first hand for 3 years straight now.

What does it say when an undefeated team is beaten in the second round by a team with a loosing record?

It says records can be deceiving 😜

You know nobody in 3A played the schedule CPA did this year. We've lost to 2 3A teams so far, but then beat them both when we got a second chance.

Stratford beat a 4A team that is projected to be in the state championship so they had some quality wins and was not undefeated because they played an easy schedule.

I admit on paper Liberty and Alcoa should beat CPA, but I would never overlook a program that has practiced every Thanksgiving since 2011 when the new coaching staff was put in place.

If Stratford was in our place this Friday, I think the majority opinion would be that they would be favored.

Now, I need my buddy TECHY to make some predictions because I think he was our good luck charm last year and we are definitely going to need it this year.