AC Mavericks New Region 2-4A?

92Dragon

I heard Younger came out of retirement and is gonna be at AC.

Yes sir, Bounder, you heard correctly.  We are glad to have Coach Younger.  He has been at all of our afterschool workouts, meeting the players and already developing the relationships that we knew he would.  He is an outstanding coach, as you know, and our kids are already seeing some the fire he brings to the table already.  AC also added Sean Jesse.  He is and has proven himself to be a solid offensive play caller.  Coach Jesse has also been busy meeting with the coaches and players so that we hit the ground running in January at the 7v7 tourneys.  We are glad to have both coaches and are looking to hire one more before we get started into spring ball.  Look for the Mavericks to possibly have a spring scrimmage outside their normal inter squad game for the first time since Coach Gillum has been the head coach.  

Sean jesse? Haha have fun with that. He is half the reason clinton had so many kids not play. From what I've heard not many people at clinton liked him to well.

We are not sure who the gilliam guy you speak of is, but Davey Gillum is the Head Coach at AC, and he will continue to be.  He is an AC grad, and has already made plans for his staff and this team.  If you follow our program, you know we have a veteran team returning that is loaded with talent.  They have played a ton of football against the best in the state.  They are very hungry, and excited to show everyone what all the talk has been about the last few years.  Noone was complaining about Jesse when Thackerson was throwing the ball all over the field.  Look for the Martin kid to do the same, except he will have an oline to run behind as well.  Two outstanding backs to hand it to, and look for the Mavs to be hard to handle.  Congrats on your new coach.  We are excited he is there.

We are not sure who the gilliam guy you speak of is, but Davey Gillum is the Head Coach at AC, and he will continue to be. He is an AC grad, and has already made plans for his staff and this team. If you follow our program, you know we have a veteran team returning that is loaded with talent. They have played a ton of football against the best in the state. They are very hungry, and excited to show everyone what all the talk has been about the last few years. Noone was complaining about Jesse when Thackerson was throwing the ball all over the field. Look for the Martin kid to do the same, except he will have an oline to run behind as well. Two outstanding backs to hand it to, and look for the Mavs to be hard to handle. Congrats on your new coach. We are excited he is there.

I didn't mean to press a button or anything I was just stating what I had heard. As far a thackerson goes Rodney Ellison developed him into a a Solid QB not Jessie. As you may have noticed this year, Clintons QB play was Awful. I have no ill feeling towards AC. They should have a good year and possibly contend for a region champioship.

Sean jesse? Haha have fun with that. He is half the reason clinton had so many kids not play. From what I've heard not many people at clinton liked him to well.

Shows you the intelligence of Clinton fans.  He was hands down the best coach on staff and ran the offense very efficiently without a whole lot of depth.  AC is getting another excellent coach, and Clinton will get to face the reality that there is not enough quality athletes in the halls to compete.  

Shows you the intelligence of Clinton fans. He was hands down the best coach on staff and ran the offense very efficiently without a whole lot of depth. AC is getting another excellent coach, and Clinton will get to face the reality that there is not enough quality athletes in the halls to compete.

I never said he wasn't a good coach. All I said was that there are several kids that did not care much for him. Shows how much Anderson county people can read and comprehend a paragraph. Also that very efficient offense only scored over 20 4 or 5 times. And was shut out twice.

I didn't mean to press a button or anything I was just stating what I had heard. As far a thackerson goes Rodney Ellison developed him into a a Solid QB not Jessie. As you may have noticed this year, Clintons QB play was Awful. I have no ill feeling towards AC. They should have a good year and possibly contend for a region champioship.

DV, no buttons pushed, we are excited to have Sean.  He has some new energy to bring to our staff, and has proven he can coach the passing game with a solid QB like Thackerson.  Martin is of the same mold as TT, and he will have an OL in front of him and the skill players to make defenses defend the whole field.  QB play in high school is a big part of team's success.    Mavs should contend for the region, and  like I said, congrats on your new coach, we are excited he is there.  

• 2 weeks later...

It is easy to coach a kid like TT. I think you find out a coach's "worth" when they can develop a kid into being a dang good player. No offense to CSJ, but TT didn't need much coaching. I would never base Scott Cummings coaching on Seth Marshall. Marshall was an absolute beast and that had zero to do with CSC. I will give him credit for "putting" the kid in the right position.

Good luck to the MAVS this year! Always enjoyed playing against those kids!