Germantown vs JCM

Guest redevil49

Guest redevil49

If anyone has seen Germantown this year, they would have to put them as the favorite to win 5A. As for this week against JCM, this will be a major mismatch. If JCM doesn't play their best game of the year, Germantown will win by 30 points. JCM doesn't even belong on the same field.

Germantown is averaging 37.5 points - IN THE FIRST HALF - of their first two playoff games. JCM beat Bartlett 18-6 earlier in the year. Germantown has beat Bartlett twice by a combined score of 88-0.

The Red Devils overmatch JCM in every part of the game. G'town averages about 275 on the offensive line and their tight end goes 6'5 260. JCM is not big enough or fast enough to handle the Red Devils. This will be over at half time.

Guest titansfan

i havent really watched these two teams much but i think i have to go with Germantown in the quater finals. then in the semis they roll past brentwood. Blue cross bowl not sure.

Guest shoebox2

Bartlett's offense had no business being in the playoffs. Hopefully, either they'll get new coaches next year or Coach Williams will learn how to coach by next fall. Too late for the talented seniors that were Region co-champions last year and hoping for some college bids this year. Sad, sad, sad.

Very foolish of you to spat off at the mouth like that. I can think off numerous advatages that JCM might have over Germantown. Off the top of my head I'd say that JCM has superior linebackers. If this Germantown team is anything like those of the past then they lack the team speed to compare with JCM. I think Germantown will win but I don't think it will be a blowout. The JCM vs Bartlett game was played in a torrid downpour and limited JCM to a running game. They played bad but the weather might have played a part in that game.

all of you doubters well understand why JCM was the no3 team in the state friday when they go to the m-town to take on germantown. i have read all yr, how JCM has not played anybody, and so fourth. who has germantown played this yr? germantown has, and i must say beat down everybody they have played so far, but they have not played a team as good as JCM. only time well tell who will prevail, and people will debate about this and that.

Just one man's opinion

JCM 24 Germantown 20

Guest shoebox2

The weather played a big part in that game. So did Bartlett's lack of coaching. You can't run the same plays 3 times in a row without someone catching on.

Bartlett should have won that one and would have under the Reeds.

So, yes, JCM will lose to Germantown. I don't think anyone can stop them this year.

A slight overstatement in the "30 points", but pretty much on the money. Notwithstanding that Brooks, Hardegree, & Company are outstanding individual players, Germantown has the better defense and, more importantly, more depth than the Cougs. Come up 40 to see a good game, but be realistic, you're playing one of the top 5 teams in the state, regardless of classification - on the road. Devils - 20 JCM - 6 . The good news is that Hardegree can start working on his backhand for tennis season. :)

[Edited by pitw on 11-18-02 5:21P]

First off I am a Germantown fan...but redevil give JCM so credit they are undefeated and a good football team! I think germantown will win this game...but it wont be by 30...7 to 14 tops. Also instead of askin if we can be stopped how about...Can we play a whole season and go undefeated??? something we havent done since 84'.