District 11AA 2017

EveryoneFOCUS

It's been a crazy season for Stewart County's basketball team for sure. They have really matured all season and gotten things going at the right time. Their Win/Loss Record would be much different had Rose not gotten injured early in the season. With him, Casseli, and Nolen they would have been right there with Camden as one of the elite teams in the district. The guys like Sommers, Stultz, Cook, McElroy, and Kyle have become better players and gotten confidence as the season has progressed. They've been asked to play a much bigger role than anyone expected. As I stated the other night that's a testament to their character as people/competitors and to the Rebels coaching staff for staying the course and making those guys believe that they can win come tournament time.

I have to say that undoubtably the best shooting performance I've seen so far in this tournament was from Lewis County's #1 fan. Batman cape and all, he hit nine, yes I said 9, underhanded baskets from half court the other night in the halftime of the Boy's game at Lewis County. Got a chance to talk to him for a little bit. What a great guy who loves his Panthers and loves to entertain the crowd. He was on fire Wednesday night!

Edited by Jacketman89

Awful proud of Fairview's performance against a really good Camden team. The big fella had another great game playing through the loss of his Grandfather and a nagging foot injury. Hope to see a great game against Creek Wood this evening. Good luck to all.

Sorry to hear that about his Grandpa best wishes .

Were you there? I hear the refs thought thought everyone paid to hear them blow on their whistles and even then didn't know when to and not to blow em. They said they were the direct cause  of momentum swings for both teams all game long.

Sorry to hear that about his Grandpa best wishes .

Were you there? I hear the refs thought thought everyone paid to hear them blow on their whistles and even then didn't know when to and not to blow em. They said they were the direct cause of momentum swings for both teams all game long.

I was there. Two of the three were horrendous. I will say that they were equally as bad for both sides. Their calls didn't give either team any edge but did generate momentum swings. That's a perfect description of how lots of the calls went. Edited by Jacketman89

As good as Vick is, I think his teammate Diego is this tournament MVP. I like the way that kid plays the game. He's a workhorse!

Team MVP on the season IMO.Steady as she goes and when you look at his stats at the end of the day you are still surprised how good they are . He scored a lot more at North Side than he does for us but I dont think he had any help there.Super good kid too. I bet the whole gym was shocked when he got a tech. He usually just smiles at bad calls and runs up court.

My Daughter sent me this text earlier and I debated sharing .It is really to good not to IMO 

Daughter:  Daddy after the game a little kid came up to Vick and his dad then says. I am a big fan and just wanted to shake your hand Vick insisted that they get a few pictures too  and told the kid "youre going to be a great one day",

Me: thats awesome the kid a Camden fan?

Daughter : Stewart county.

Wonder which one of them left feeling better about that experience ?

Great kids both of them.