Who will be the next HC at David Crockett

Pioneer88

You raise some valid points, BlueDevil. Bosken also made a point to emphasize that one of his main reasons for leaving was due to the overall amount of time he had to put into the job as head coach at Crockett. He was even quoted as saying he and his wife were having to do things like scrub the floors in the locker room and clean the players uniforms. Can't see GS doing those sort of things or putting in anywhere close to the amount of work Bosken described the job needing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't answer. As soon as I hit 'post' I realized who GS is. I think it's the lack of sleep. Lawd, I am tired!!!! :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure: :unsure:  

Alright, I'm partially out of the loop. I know Bosken left. I know DC is looking for a new HC. I know many many people have applied. I know 2+2=4...but stupid question I'm sure but who is GS?

You raise some valid points, BlueDevil. Bosken also made a point to emphasize that one of his main reasons for leaving was due to the overall amount of time he had to put into the job as head coach at Crockett. He was even quoted as saying he and his wife were having to do things like scrub the floors in the locker room and clean the players uniforms. Can't see GS doing those sort of things or putting in anywhere close to the amount of work Bosken described the job needing.

Floor scrubbing, washing uniforms, and the other grunt work is part of being a HS football coach at 95%+ of schools.  He likely wouldn't have had to do all that by himself if he hadn't kept alienating his assistants and running them off the way most people change socks.  But that's Bosken and how he chose to do it.  Will GS do that, or all the fundraising, etc?  That remains to be seen.

Crockett's a typical county school program in a lot of ways--not much worse than what you'll see at plenty of the other county HS in the area.  Their facilities need upgrading, but with all the fundraising that they did under Bosken, instead of paying Tony Franklin thousands of dollars every year to run his offense or taking the players to football camp, they could have likely done some of those themselves.

Edited by BlueDevil58

Floor scrubbing, washing uniforms, and the other grunt work is part of being a HS football coach at 95%+ of schools. He likely wouldn't have had to do all that by himself if he hadn't kept alienating his assistants and running them off the way most people change socks. But that's Bosken and how he chose to do it. Will GS do that, or all the fundraising, etc? That remains to be seen.

Crockett's a typical county school program in a lot of ways--not much worse than what you'll see at plenty of the other county HS in the area. Their facilities need upgrading, but with all the fundraising that they did under Bosken, instead of paying Tony Franklin thousands of dollars every year to run his offense or taking the players to football camp, they could have likely done some of those themselves.

Crockett won't be getting facility upgrades anytime soon. Their principal, I believe it was, made this quite clear in the newspaper article on Bosken's resignation. He said that while they'd obviously like to upgrade, the funds simply aren't there to do so. As for the grunt work GS would have to do. That's something he certainly wouldn't be doing at a place like DB. And GS wants to br at a DB.

Floor scrubbing, washing uniforms, and the other grunt work is part of being a HS football coach at 95%+ of schools. He likely wouldn't have had to do all that by himself if he hadn't kept alienating his assistants and running them off the way most people change socks. But that's Bosken and how he chose to do it. Will GS do that, or all the fundraising, etc? That remains to be seen.

Crockett's a typical county school program in a lot of ways--not much worse than what you'll see at plenty of the other county HS in the area. Their facilities need upgrading, but with all the fundraising that they did under Bosken, instead of paying Tony Franklin thousands of dollars every year to run his offense or taking the players to football camp, they could have likely done some of those themselves.

Very true about the assistant coaches he ran off cant keep,doing people that way. But he wasn't the only scrubbing the floors and cleaning the field house He had a good bit of help from the booster club and coaches and the kids. The kids cleaned it up everyday after practice and mopped like every other day. If GS isn't willing to put that extra work i then we are gonna be in trouble and he will have to fundraise unless he wants to come out of pocket to help buy those things. All that money they raised really wouldn't been able to do much in facilities upgrades. Its went to buying new uniforms and 7 on 7 hear new equipment to practice with and all new Weights racks and benches new lockers stuff like that. The TF system some part of the success at Crockett every coach learns their systems from someone and the football camp were great team bonding experiences where the kids for to compete against good comp from teams outside of the Tri Cities extra practice and reps while competing. The community needs to get together and raise funds up the 2 probably richest alumn Wolf and Eldridge should donate some money or Wolf could help get something built that's what he does. Edited by Coach423T

It's kind of hard to bash Bosken. He did change a culture at Crockett and taught kids there how to win. Likewise it's kind of hard to bash a coach that hasn't even started yet. Coach423T seems to know what he is talking about but Bluedevil58, you seem to have some sour grapes. Did you apply to the job opening at Crockett? 

It's kind of hard to bash Bosken. He did change a culture at Crockett and taught kids there how to win. Likewise it's kind of hard to bash a coach that hasn't even started yet. Coach423T seems to know what he is talking about but Bluedevil58, you seem to have some sour grapes. Did you apply to the job opening at Crockett? 

I'm not bashing Bosken at all.  I think he did a great job of turning that program around and I think he's a heck of a coach.  I've said as much on here before a bunch of times.  Coach Bosken deserves all the credit in the world for that and I'll be the first one to say it.  I've said on here several times in this thread that he's going to be hard to replace.

At the same time, complaining about stuff in the paper that's just a routine part of coaching and firing your assistants left and right (he had a new defensive coordinator every single year at Crockett) isn't very professional behavior, nor is taking shots at the administration to the local news on your way out.  Good man or not, that does not reflect well on him.

I'm not bashing a coach who hasn't started, either.  If they're going to hand it to a guy with almost zero coaching experience because he was a great athlete himself, that's their decision and I wish him the best, because he seems like a good man.  However, I think there are valid questions with a guy like that.  That's not "bashing" him.  That's saying "he needs to do these things but doesn't have experience doing them."  I've not said anything to actually criticize the guy.

As for applying to the job opening, no I didn't.  I don't want it.  That's going to be a hard place to walk into now as a head coach for several reasons and I'll leave it at that.

Edited by BlueDevil58

• 4 weeks later...

I'd think long and hard about this if I were Crockett. If they're wanting to hire someone to build the program, Sensabaugh would be the wrong hire. He won't stay there long. The second GC retires at DB or a more attractive job opens up, he'll look to leave. So as long as Crockett is ok with a short-term solution, I guess he's the guy. But youre not going to find many people naive enough to believe he'll stay there more than 2-3 yrs and my guess is 2 yrs tops.

I'd think long and hard about this if I were Crockett. If they're wanting to hire someone to build the program, Sensabaugh would be the wrong hire. He won't stay there long. The second GC retires at DB or a more attractive job opens up, he'll look to leave. So as long as Crockett is ok with a short-term solution, I guess he's the guy. But youre not going to find many people naive enough to believe he'll stay there more than 2-3 yrs and my guess is 2 yrs tops.

However long he stays will be a plus for Crockett. And I don't see him wanting any part of the train wreck at DB. 

• 2 weeks later...

No way will GS put in the time previous coach put in. As a matter of fact I hear he has already cut back on off season work. His TIME commitment to this program will very minimal at best. I am afraid this will become a cluster screw up.