Summertown looking good with win at Forrest

gogold

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yost definitely changes the makeup of the Forrest team.  Made for a good second matchup and even though Summertown led most of the second half, you were never sure who was going to pull it out.

If Summertown can get firing on all cylinders, they have 5 consistent 3-pt shooters and 3 posts they can almost swap out for each other.  That makes for a well rounded (And hard to defend) game.  Just haven't seen them put it all together in one game, yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Summertown/Perry County game last night. Not exactly what I expected, I knew Perry County would play well on their home court, but didn't expect them to win. Summertown played poorly, they have the depth but not for sure if the coach knows exactly how to use them yet. They looked much better when I watched them play earlier in the season. It's still earlier and I am sure they will be favored to win the district, but unknown their end goal is not winning just the district.... Anxious to see them later in the season.. as of now, Loretto seems to be a notch above everyone else in the district.

Edited by BasketballIQ

I watched the Summertown/Perry County game last night. Not exactly what I expected, I knew Perry County would play well on their home court, but didn't expect them to win. Summertown played poorly, they have the depth but not for sure if the coach knows exactly how to use them yet. They looked much better when I watched them play earlier in the season. It's still earlier and I am sure they will be favored to win the district, but unknown their end goal is not winning just the district.... Anxious to see them later in the season.. as of now, Loretto seems to be a notch above everyone else in the district.

a bit surprise..Loretto next

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Loretto on the District tournament championship tonight. Loretto has steadily gotten better all season and it showed tonight with poise, leadership and with overall team chemistry. Those are the very things that are missing on the Summertown team. Coming down the stretch I believe Summertown was the team to beat, but I am not sure what's going on with them right now. In crunch time they had an 8th grader taking big shots with an all-district senior and the district MVP on the bench. Really bad time to be in a funk with region starting on Friday..Talent and depth do you no good if you don't know how to use it. I understand it can be difficult coaching your own kid, but sometimes you need to do what's better for the team.

#40 Brooks for Perry County is the best player in district 12A. I guess that there is some kind of unwritten rule that MVP has to go to a player on first place team ? Someone define Most Valuable Player. Summertown player is a great player but the MVP should go to the best player in the district no matter where their team finishes.

The definition of Most Valuable Player is the young lady from Summertown who was chosen by the coaches in the district this year. Not sure if there is some kind of unwritten rule, but i seen her play some & she's worthy of this award too. Not saying #40 isn't a great player but the choice was made. Good luck to all the teams advancing to Regions. Hopefully, we will be able to watch some good basketball without all the drama from adults & students at the games, here, & everywhere. Summertown seems to be trying to hard to change up things at a very crucial time here at Region. agree with basketballIQ with what was said.

#40 Brooks for Perry County is the best player in district 12A. I guess that there is some kind of unwritten rule that MVP has to go to a player on first place team ? Someone define Most Valuable Player. Summertown player is a great player but the MVP should go to the best player in the district no matter where their team finishes.

They still missed it. I would take #22 Brown from PC over the Summertown player anytime. If you have 2 make all district plus the MVP something is wrong if 4th is the best you can do ? PC beat them 2 out of 3 head to head. The last time at Summertown ending their season, so why not Brown from PC as MVP.