Harriman Basketball

SportsnetWriter2

I like Harrimans parts and team athletic ability. I think they mirror GCA alot. If the beast shows up look out, but if the monster shows up, Yuck get the puke bucket 😂

Meigs always coached well so who knows, I think their overall talent level is down a notch compared to last 5 years but not a lot. Depends if some of those guys have gotten better in the last year post Meadows (by the way one of my favorite HS players ever!)

I still think its GCAs to lose and trust me we have the ability to shoot ourself in the foot now more than ever, but ask Concord, Oakland and CAK what the Beast is like when it all shows up😉

I like Harrimans parts and team athletic ability. I think they mirror GCA alot. If the beast shows up look out, but if the monster shows up, Yuck get the puke bucket 😂

Meigs always coached well so who knows, I think their overall talent level is down a notch compared to last 5 years but not a lot. Depends if some of those guys have gotten better in the last year post Meadows (by the way one of my favorite HS players ever!)

I still think its GCAs to lose and trust me we have the ability to shoot ourself in the foot now more than ever, but ask Concord, Oakland and CAK what the Beast is like when it all shows up😉

I would have to agree with you on basically everything you said. Meadows was so fundamentally sound! He was definitely fun to watch! I do agree that the road to the district title runs through GCA. I like our chances this year more so than I have in a long time! The depth and experience should truly pay off this year and I would love nothing more than a trip to Murfreesboro! This group of seniors have the ability to make it to the glass house, they've just got to play their game and find a rhythm!

Harriman came into Decatur tonight and did a layup drill on the tigers! Really exposed the Tigers lack of D which has looked great the past couple of games albeit against very subpar opponents! Hard to believe they won this game with the lack of shooters they have but I guess that don't matter when you are shooting layups ! Other than a couple of Meigs players , Harriman seemed so much quicker and faster up and down the court than Meigs. Meigs earned a chance to tie /win it at the end it just wasn't meant to be ! From a fans perspective Meigs has to start crashing the boards better we have 3 starters that really get after the rebounding and that's it period! Not gonna cut it when your tallest player is 6-2! Another bad habit that I feel like hurts the tigers are on ball defenders getting beat and the just drifting back towards mid court hoping for the ol. "Snowbird" looks really bad when the guy who beats you passes off and you have to run from out there to act like you were in the play! These tigers have a great chance to win the district but things have to change , the biggest change that would help in my opinion is effort! There are a few players who give relentless effort on both ends of the court while others just go through the motions or are pouting because something didn't go there way , get over it be a team player! This team has a great opportunity in front of them but all of them wanna have to grab it not just a couple players!! Time to go to work and get better! Congrats to the Blue Devils for winning at a place that only a couple teams have won over the past 4 years!

Edited by TFL

• 4 weeks later...

16-2 overall record, 7-0 in region play, Jim Cordell Christmas Tournament and currently on a 16 game winning streak! It's year 3 that these seniors have been on the floor with each other and the improvemtns they've made are really showing! A huge road win at Meigs was a huge confidence booster as very few have came out of those doors with a victory. If the Big Blue keep playing with this intensity, discipline, and passion, then there's not a doubt that deserve to be in the discussion. Having a home and home with Grace and a home game with Meigs at the end of he month will be a very good measuring stick as to just how much we are improving this year! I'm looking forward to some excellent basketball as we start the second half of the season!! What's your thoughts and predictions?

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

I've seen them a couple times now. This is a quality single A team. With GCA losing a starter, Harriman ought to at least split with them IF they play well. I think they get out of region play this year... if so, I think they have no trouble with region 1. Just have to avoid an off night in region against a couple of the 4a teams that are fairly decent. They already beat WB by 5 or 6, I think. I think they are showing the right consistency to this point to make me think that won't happen in region play. An off night seems less likely than some years recently. 

Edited by CAH09

Can we ask Catholic what the beast looks like? I'm kidding with you I couldn't resist. You guys are very talented and have a lot of size. Should make state.