Tennessee Coach's Poll-19 December 2016

ArtusCimber

Man, you liven up this thread every week. I'm glad you're on here. Obviously you're passionate about the sport and your team, and you know more than the average person your age. When they asked me to take over the poll, I wondered if it might not be time to let it go, but people like you respond to it and get us to talk about wrestling, which is good for the sport. Thank you for that.

You have the brains to be a young GHouse type, who always has good insights and whose opinion is always respected around here. There is merit in much of what you say. However, it seems like you'd rather be a quasi troll.

Either thing will work I guess. I'm good with either one (except you do your knowledge and passion a disservice by being insulting to people who are passionate and knowledgeable as well), so the choice is yours. Do you want to be respected or do you want to be snarky?

Either way, you spice up this thread, and raise some valid concerns. You just need to decide who you want to be on here. 

Whatever you decide, though, keep on posting. 

Edited by ArtusCimber

Man, you liven up this thread every week. I'm glad you're on here. Obviously you're passionate about the sport and your team, and you know more than the average person your age. When they asked me to take over the poll, I wondered if it might not be time to let it go, but people like you respond to it and get us to talk about wrestling, which is good for the sport. Thank you for that.

You have the brains to be a young GHouse type, who always has good insights and whose opinion is always respected around here. There is merit in much of what you say. However, it seems like you'd rather be a quasi troll.

Either thing will work I guess. I'm good with either one (except you do your knowledge and passion a disservice by being insulting to people who are passionate and knowledgeable as well), so the choice is yours. Do you want to be respected or do you want to be snarky?

Either way, you spice up this thread, and raise some valid concerns. You just need to decide who you want to be on here. 

GHouse Jr.  , I am sure that works for our Brothers guru!

Do you feel like moderate knowledge with a smaller amount of snarkyness would work?  I feel like I could dial back the sarcasm to maybe a level 3/4.  Its just fun to watch those like WrestlingGod and Hump squirm...

Do you feel like moderate knowledge with a smaller amount of snarkyness would work?  I feel like I could dial back the sarcasm to maybe a level 3/4.  Its just fun to watch those like WrestlingGod and Hump squirm...

If you gave up all your snarkiness you'd probably be giving up an essential part of yourself. Just be more discerning about when to break it out.

Like here. You're being just a little snarky.

GHouse Jr.  , I am sure that works for our Brothers guru!

Only comment I am going to make...

I AM STILL YOUNG DANG IT!!! Right?  Right??? Ugh... nevermind, anyone seen my glasses?

RANK     TEAM                    POWER RANKING    PREVIOUS

1          BRADLEY CENTRAL            95              2

2          CLEVELAND                  90              1

3          McCALLIE                   83              8

4          CHRISTIAN BROTHERS         69              5

5          FATHER RYAN                63              3

6          SODDY DAISY                62              6

7          WILSON CENTRAL             51              9

8          BAYLOR                     40              7

9          TENNESSEE HIGH             34              10

10         BEECH                      25              8

11         ARLINGTON                  9               11

11 (TIE)   HALLS                      9               NR

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: BLACKMAN, INDEPENDENCE, MBA, MT. JULIET, SCIENCE HILL, SUMMIT  

So anyway, now that we've had a hug, what does everyone think about Bradley going back up to the 1 spot.  I tend to agree, but after the head to head win by Cleveland, are the pollsters saying the win was a fluke?  Is Soddy really that strong?

I can't really explain the shift. I just know Cleveland and Soddy had some guys out over the weekend. I'd say Soddy is that strong. Both these teams find a way to get to the top. 

I don't think the win was a fluke, but if one match gets flipped there is a different outcome. It can be the difference between a few spots in the rankings.

I think this is probably the most accurate poll so far, but I imagine there will be some shakeup when everybody gets into their exact weights. I know we'll be better when we get dropped. 

Anybody else know of drops that might affect matchups?

with the top 2 on the poll trading places, it brings up an interesting question. If Bradley wins there regular season match up with Cleveland, and they both end up in Reg. finals will Cleveland (with there new coach) follow tradition and forfeit the finals match? Thoughts?