Andrew Johnson Bank Ladies Classic

Rebel82

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Greeneville community and the successful tourney that was completed this past Saturday. There were some truly great teams in the final four and I think they'll all be successful throughout the season. The Bearettes of Bradley Central played at a level untapped by the other teams in this tourney and Rhyne Howard displayed why she is considered to be about the best in the junior class this season. From what I understand there have been about 15 DI coaches making an in-person visit to watch her play and both Purdue and Kentucky scouted her during the tourney. She has narrowed her choices to her top 7 and is looking for a school with a top-flight engineering program.

I saw nearly every game of the tourney and think Sydney Newsome from Mo West has to be an All-State candidate this season along with Mykia Dowdell and Jada Guinn from Oak Ridge. The Lady Wildcats are cat-quick but Bradley Central simply was a stronger and deeper team this past week. Halle Hughes (Lee University signee)  is the second half of the Bearette dynamic duo and the Bearettes should go deep in post-season play. Look for South Greene to make a run for the Single-a title as well. They are very good and well-coached. 

i think the Final Four in Greeneville could all be in the Final Four in their respective class in the 'boro. I'll be there to see how they fare.