Loretto Basketball

TheStuff

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost by 3 the first time and won by 2 yesterday. Sometimes coaches lose. In fact, half of the coaches in the state lost last night. He went 22-9 and had a sectional berth last year, 23-7 and Final 4 in state the year before. Sounds like he was doing a good job.

I saw somewhere where his record while at Loretto was 2 or 3 games over .500... Granted his last 3 years have been very successful, many coaches would have won with the talent he was fortunate to have.... this train has been coming down the tracks since this "class" was in middle school... Not many people thought he would coach their entire high school career.

Edited by cbballfan

This is becoming more and more prevalent in high school sports. If the team wins it is all the players, and if they lose the coaching sucks. If Loretto is willing to do this to a hometown guy then they will do this to anyone. I have no respect for parents or administrators that act this way. Rochester was brought in for a job and judging by recent seasons had done a good job. I hope he lands somewhere else and goes back to beat the breaks off Loretto. I don't wish this on the kids, but for the sake of the people making these decisions, I hope they go back to like it was before Rochester arrived and you win 5-7 games a year.

I don't know many small town schools willing to run off a coach coming off a state tournament berth and a sectional berth. As for control of the team, I am not sure what that even means. I have not seen Loretto in the news for hazing or players getting suspended. I will say this, if the players are representations of their parents he may not have control. The trouble is, they could hire Phil Jackson and no respect for the coach would be shown. It all starts at home folks. If MLB money wants to coach basketball, I guess he should apply when the job opens up.

Just when I thought that my neck of the woods couldn't get more ignorant, Loretto comes in and saves the day! To the guy that says "anyone can win with that talent," I doubt you probably could. Talent doesn't win. Getting the talent to buy in does. Obviously, Micah got those kids to buy in. The first few years was rough building a program that had been bad since Moses walked the Earth. He did it, and the hard work paid off. Even went to the state tournament since the Truman administration if I remember correctly. But I guess anyone could do that. 

Looking at it from a coach's perspective, Loretto is damaged goods right now. The firing looks shady and no one reputable will be wanting this position. I hope that middle school coach can coach some hoops. From experience, I can say that middle school coaches are usually coaching middle school ball for a reason - they aren't very good. 

Micah looks to be in a good spot in his life. I'm sure this hurts, but he'll manage just fine. Would love to see him back up in our area where he'd be appreciated. Not in some political cess pool.

And to the MLB pitcher who supposedly got this done....being a below .500 pitcher that was lucky enough to pitch for the Yankees makes you better than average (except for the W-L record), but it doesn't make you a basketball guy. Stick with what you know.