Northeast/Smyrna

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Finally we can stop talking and roll the balls out.

The season kicks off tonight with Smyrna going at Northeast. Does Northeast have enough size to handle Swader and Warner. Can Smyrna handle Carter and Reed on the perimeter. Also how will Reed handle his first varsity game after all the hype that has surrounded him. Can Calvin Carter lead his team after only being a role player a year ago? These questions will be answered tonight! Let the games begin.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Northeast will do well, the coaches have prepared Northeast to play at a great level, so I really don't think the hype will effect Reed or Carter,

Relax and play the Game they Know how and they will have great sucess to Night---Clarksville we are determined to bring B-Ball back to Clarksville, and to me it starts tonight with North-EAST.. Hype is Hype, well playing is playing.....

I still have my favorite players, but at the same time I support the Clarksville teams, fans, players and coaches....

GO NORTHEAST!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH Never---get Crossed-Up

Guest Jessica

Smyrna wins 71-68 in a tough fought game.Warner had 32 and Swader had an off night by only having eight but had double figure assists.The Northeast pressure hurt the Bulldogs for some of the night but it also hurt Northeast because Smyrna shot a lot of open lay-ups.

I'm going to let everybody reading this message, the Clarkville teams this year will not be Push overs, There are a lot of tough teams out there this year & Northeast is one of them.....

Carter had 18

Jamal Hunt 16

Reed 13

Tuck 6

Pritchett 4

Nelson 6

DeKorte 5

Pretty good balance scoring Carter & Reed did what they were supposed to do, And they got a PLUS out of Hunt, way to play Hunt!!!!!

Northeast is kind of small but very quick-Super quick...

GO NORTHEAST

Never Get Crossed-UP

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Tough loss for Northeast last night they should've won. Carter kept them in the game with some shots he made but also shot them out of the game. Reed played well and should've been the focus point of the offense but his defense was suspect. Hunt took alot of ill advised shots. It doesn't seem like Carter and Reed play well together almost like you need two balls on the court. And for Smyrna Swader is a good player but #1 in the state, come on GOMAB!

I heard Reed played very, very well. He is really coming along nicely.....

As for Kenyonna, I LOVE his game. I LOVE his potential. I have said many times before, that I base a lot of my rankings on how I project a player to be at the next level. Fact is Kenyonna had 11 assists last night as a 6'8 Guard/Forward. He can put up a triple-double on any given night. There is not another player in the State that can boast that. Kenyonna is also a winner. His all-around play is what helped lead Smyrna to a surprise win over the favored NE squad. If I was a college program, looking for the best available player out of Tn Class of 2003, I would definitely go after either Kenonna or Lee Humphrey, end of story.................................................

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Reed did play well I believe I said that. I just stated that him and Carter look uncomfortable together at times. And I think that Cooper gives Carter the shots when in fact it should be Reed that gets them first Carter second. As far as Swader goes I'm not questioning how you do your rankings they are "YOUR" rankings. There are more opinions on this board than yours. So as far as best player in the state I don't see it. His only advantage is he's 6'8. But I'm not going to second guess your rankings because I respect what you do, and I know you run a first class AAU program that really helps kids. So keep up the good work!

That stinks REALLY bad. I'm sorry to hear that Keyonna's grades are sub-par. To all of the basketball players, you have to realize that grades come FIRST. Too many of us older players know people that should have played in the NBA, NFL, etc., but were held back because of academics. I hope this player can somehow improve his academics before it's too late.