Region 1 Individual

KingGreene

You are correct EZ. It is incorrect in the newspaper. Must have been incorrect information given by Coach Mann. I went back and looked and both of the last two years he only lost to Trent. 3rd as a freshman, 2nd as a sophomore... If the pattern continues, he should finish 1st this year as you predict. He has made the jump up to 126/132 well. It's very hard to make that transition.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

106-

1st Place - Trent Nelson of Tennessee

2nd Place - Tyler Seeley of Science Hill

3rd Place - Kobe Miller of Morristown West

4th Place - Jordan Williams of David Crockett

113-

1st Place - Dillon Pendley of Tennessee

2nd Place - Ryan McCrary of David Crockett

3rd Place - Corbin Bumgarner of Dobyns Bennett

4th Place - Jaycee Reff of Jefferson Co.

120-

1st Place - Nathan Wysong of Science Hill

2nd Place - Judson McCray of Tennessee

3rd Place - Mike Kromoff of David Crockett

4th Place - Shane Lemons of Dobyns Bennett

126-

1st Place - Dillon Lemons of Dobyns Bennett

2nd Place - Dominic Fields of Tennessee

3rd Place - Garrett Stiltner of Science Hill

4th Place - Juan Rodriguez of Morristown West

132-

1st Place - Cooper Williams of Science Hill

2nd Place - Logan Ferguson of Tennessee

3rd Place - Robert English of Jefferson Co.

4th Place - William Mitchell of Dobyns Bennett

138-

1st Place - Dewey Pendley of Tennessee

2nd Place - Luke Story of Science Hill

3rd Place - Isaac Charpenter of Volunteer

4th Place - Gavin Russell of David Crockett

145-

1st Place - Blaize Banks of Jefferson Co.

2nd Place - Jared Harter of Tennessee

3rd Place - William Berger of Morristown West

4th Place - Greyson Pridemore of Science Hill

152-

1st Place - Arthur James of Science Hill

2nd Place - Bryson Henley of Tennessee

3rd Place - Michael Hill of Volunteer

4th Place - Hunter Strouth of Dobyns Bennett

160-

1st Place - William Diehl of Science Hill

2nd Place - Griffin Simerly of Morristown West

3rd Place - Joshua Rapcan of Dobyns Bennett

4th Place - Will Poore of Tennessee

170-

1st Place - Logan Branham of Volunteer

2nd Place - Aaron Lawson of Jefferson Co.

3rd Place - James Kalogeros of Science Hill

4th Place - Camden Buckingham of Morristown West

182-

1st Place - Weston Brown of Science Hill

2nd Place - Randall Whisman of Dobyns Bennett

3rd Place - Dade Barg of Morristown West

4th Place - Cooper Jenkins of Tennessee

195-

1st Place - Jeremy Spangler of Tennessee

2nd Place - Denzel Medina of Science Hill

3rd Place - Curtis Pinkston of Jefferson Co.

4th Place - Noah Baxley of Morristown West

220-

1st Place - Nathan Scott of Tennessee

2nd Place - Brody Workman of Jefferson Co.

3rd Place - Hayden Dacos of Morristown East

4th Place - Jeron Waye of Dobyns Bennett

285-

1st Place - Brenton Salyers of Dobyns Bennett

2nd Place - Dakota Moungey of Jefferson Co.

3rd Place - Zach Grzelka of Cocke Co.

4th Place - Dwight Christian of Volunteer

Edited by Bump11

Agreed EZ. Congratulations to all the placers.

Extra congratulations to Trent Nelson for sealing a rare 4th Region championship.

Dillon looks to be the next one in line for that as he looked about as dominant as his older brother while getting that #2.

Speaking of Dew drop, congratulations to him for that 3rd title and the well deserved OW award.

The other Dillon (Lemons) dominated as well. Again, great transition from 106 to 126 to get his first title.

As EZ pointed out, Cooper did look great! Possibly best match I've ever seen him wrestle! Hopefully he will roll into his last state tournament high with that momentum.

Although the bracket does not show it, Jared Harter was the Region Champ. It was very evident he was the best wrestler in that bracket. I know that he did nothing malicious and was not trying to hurt Banks. It was a very unfortunate incident that was out of his control but I hope he bounces back next weekend and no doubt he will be looking to come back and do the best he can at this point by getting 3 Region titles.

Very proud of Arthur for pulling off what ended up being probably the best finals match to get his second title!... Hard to believe that kid just learned about wrestling 3 years ago! Hope we can bring back two medals again with those two this year.

Nathan Scott had a couple hard tough matches where he was down and I didn't think he was going to be able to pull off. It was impressive that managed to fight his way match after match to a first place.

Multiple TN High kids had similar matches like that which they needed to secure the team title. Congratulations to those boys for a good tournament.

Jeff County looked great all the way through. Looks like they are a year from being very good! I think they'll be a top 2 team next year!

Morristown West also looked pretty solid in places. Impressive what Coach has been able to do with that program in just one year being there. Haven't looked close at what they are losing but I think they may have a chance of being top 3 next year if they make the same amount of improvement and don't lose many.

We had a lot of talent in those finals matches and even a handful of 3rd place matches! I think we should be able to bring a lot of hardware back to Region 1 next weekend. Good luck to all of our boys.

Edited by KingGreene

I think some of these region 1 kids are going to pull more than a few upsets at state.

I would agree but I think some of them will only be upsets on paper. From Tennessee High there are 2 former Region champs going in as #2 from Region this year, Henley and Fields, they might get overlooked. In addition, Ferguson and Harter both go in as #2 but go can go deep. Nathan Scott at 220 could have been the tournament's Best Wrestler--if I had a vote I would have picked him. Workman was ranked #4 in state. Scott controlled that whole match, he will be an under the radar guy who can earn lots of points for the Vikings and maybe even a medal. I'm predicting 3 finalists for the Vikings.

I guess Spangler could also find his way there with a good draw and if he's able to open up and get a little more offense going. He needs to hope to be on the other side of the bracket as Johnson because he's by far the best 195 I've seen all season and has offense like a 120! I haven't seen many of the others on Hamm's list so as far as I know Jeremy may be the number 2. But he has to get his offense going a little bit more.... It's not near as bad as my 195's lack of offense! He drives me crazy! But Jeremy will need to have his shots on point next weekend to get to that state finals match.

So your pick of 3 is definitely not crazy bold. I predict two for the Vikings.