CPA 2017

BreadTruck28

On 7/24/2017 at 11:15 AM, itzme said:

He was very kind and helpful to me on a non-football related issue I work on.  Only met him in person that one time, but know others who have worked with him.  That constitutes my "accumulation" (sic) of data.

had to b a stand in....couldnt b the same person

Booger just sayin :D

4 hours ago, carguy59 said:

In the 7 on 7 I didn't see many athletes. In the scrimmage, I saw some big boys up front, but no one to carry the rock. NCS starters didn't meet much resistance from the D.

This year's team probably has more future college athletes than any previous CPA team. I saw neither event, so I can't speculate what our focus was, but I know the staff never goes into these things with the goal to impress the onlookers.

I think we'll get a good read of where the team is in a few weeks.  We've got another very tough schedule so it should be a fun year. 

NCS sounds like they should run away with II-A this year. 

3 minutes ago, bcd said:

This year's team probably has more future college athletes than any previous CPA team. I saw neither event, so I can't speculate what our focus was, but I know the staff never goes into these things with the goal to impress the onlookers.

I think we'll get a good read of where the team is in a few weeks.  We've got another very tough schedule so it should be a fun year. 

NCS sounds like they should run away with II-A this year. 

Yeah, it is hard to read into a lot this time of the year.  The CPA line is huge.

On 7/28/2017 at 5:50 PM, carguy59 said:

Yeah, it is hard to read into a lot this time of the year.  The CPA line is huge.

I saw CPA scrimmage Springfield tonight and definitely saw what I had expected in terms of players that will be a big impact in the running game, so I'm still not sure what they might have been showing against NCS.  I think a lot of teams in the state would love to have #9 & #4 in their backfield as juniors. 

On 7/28/2017 at 0:49 PM, carguy59 said:

In the 7 on 7 I didn't see many athletes. In the scrimmage, I saw some big boys up front, but no one to carry the rock. NCS starters didn't meet much resistance from the D.

That's a typical post from you. NCS is awesome, everyone else isn't. Lol

Your Davidson Academy game should create a lot of interest. They have a good HS QB and RB with a passing game that's been very good under the best young up and coming HC in middle TN per some. 

Edited by Playerscoach

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Your Davidson Academy game should create a lot of interest. They have a good HS QB and RB with a passing game that's been very good under the best young up and coming HC in middle TN per some. 

Called it the way I saw it. We will be thrilled to see a passing offense.

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Oh, and I am assuming you meant to have a comment about CPA because afterall, that is who this thread is about.

11 hours ago, bcd said:

I saw CPA scrimmage Springfield tonight and definitely saw what I had expected in terms of players that will be a big impact in the running game, so I'm still not sure what they might have been showing against NCS.  I think a lot of teams in the state would love to have #9 & #4 in their backfield as juniors. 

Sometimes it is hard to see what a team really has especially in a scrimmage. I know coaches sometimes have an objective other than what fans want or expect to see. Could be the case here.

4 hours ago, carguy59 said:

Oh, and I am assuming you meant to have a comment about CPA because afterall, that is who this thread is about.

Sure did. It's in my first sentence under "everyone else" since you came to a CPA thread to talk about how great NCS is. Right? That was your point was it not?

It's not cryptic is it?

8 hours ago, carguy59 said:

Sometimes it is hard to see what a team really has especially in a scrimmage. I know coaches sometimes have an objective other than what fans want or expect to see. Could be the case here.

Folks this is commonly referred to ask backpedalling. It often occurs when someone makes a bold statement or takes a severe position then makes a neutral position afterward to avoid criticism. 

Carguy likes to talk glowingly about NCS while dismissing others. It's his MO. What he will soon find out is that D2 has known NCS since the 1980's and isn't really concerned with it nor are people bothered by it's pipeline from BA due to it's athletic history. Miraculously getting top level P5 D 1 talent when the school had never had a D1 player is interesting to say the least. :)