TenWay State Championships

WrestlingGod

As far as AAU Districts go and to compere the AAU Middle School Duals to other sates competition: Iowa has the largest AAU Youth wrestling District with just over 9,000 wrestlers.  Now you may not believe this but there is good wrestling in Iowa.  South Dakota has almost 6,000, Montana has about 5,000, Nebraska about 5,000 and those district have some pretty good wrestling as well.

Now, the only horse I have in the race is...my passion for wrestling and doing what we can to raise the level is my motivation.  I do not have kids and I was not motivated to build TeamTN for purely personal reasons.  We did it to help build a feeder program for our high schools .

Now about your comment about non-profits still pay people salaries.  You are correct  I did a study on this for AAU and what I found out was amazing.  There are leaders of non-profits making 7 figures...Well, not TeamTN.  NOONE IS DRAWING A PAY CHECK!  We file an income tax each year with the national office.  We could pay salaries but do not because our VOLUNTEERS want the money raised to be spent on improving wrestling in Tennessee.  

As far as National Tournaments and their results being a gauge to compare Tennessee wrestling improvement.  Good and tough wrestlers and coaches seek out tough competition  The wrestlers I mentioned in previous post regarding our National Middle School Team Members, have had great success in Tennessee on the next level (high school).  One, Sammy Evans is a 4 time state champion and Boykin, well enough said.

And I want to correct one error I made earlier.  I want to thank all the coaches and parents who went on these trips with our teams.

If you are a teacher.  I hope you are not an English teacher.  This "rant"  is why Tennessean's are so often thought of as Hill_Billy's.  Our kids deserve a better education system. Garrett you may want to give this coach/teacher a lesson on grammar and how to use spell check.   That was painful to read and still not sure what it said.  The best youth programs that I've seen included no coach or parent egos'.  It was about the kids.

The problem with the Tennessee rule is that you must compete out of state to qualify for the big events .In other words, Tennessee offers no qualifying events for high school or jr. high kids. Not only that but if you wrestle varsity (even if there is no match that week) you may not compete for a non tssaa event. Jr. varsity can do whatever but if they wrestle aau or usa or whatever, They are ineligible for the next  scheduled varsity  match. It would take 2 events A) Qualifier B) Invitational to become eligible and get the invite. I have always said TN has to loosen it up with travel restrictions.   

Buckeyeintn,

Not sure that I follow you here... which of the major national folkstyle events that this post was about (Beast of the East, Powerade, Walsh Ironman, etc.) require a qualifying event during the folkstyle season?  I am not aware of any.

If you are a teacher.  I hope you are not an English teacher.  This "rant"  is why Tennessean's are so often thought of as Hill_Billy's.  Our kids deserve a better education system. Garrett you may want to give this coach/teacher a lesson on grammar and how to use spell check.   That was painful to read and still not sure what it said.  The best youth programs that I've seen included no coach or parent egos'.  It was about the kids.

My apologies for the grammatical and spelling errors of my previous post.  Believe it or not, it is not the first time I have misspelled a word or used poor grammar . These mistakes are in no way a reflection on the quality of my education or the educational institutions i attended. Has more to do with me not taking my time to gather and organize my thoughts and carefully typing them in.

My apologies once again for putting you through such agony.  

My poor spelling or misuse of grammar is not the reason why Tennesseans are referred to as Hillbillies  People use ethic and racial slurs to impress their friends with their vast knowledge of hate. 

Hillbilly! You use that term in a derogatory way as if to offend me or to make me feel ashamed of my heritage   Well, it does not.  I am from rural Appalachia  My parents, grandparents, great grand parents, great-great grandparents, and great-great-great grandparents  were from Appalachia.  I am proud of it.  

ghouse, i would be most grateful if you would help me become a better writer.  Do you host any English or writing camps during the Summer? What organization do you operate it under? Hodges Harbrace?  Houghton Mifflin Harcourt? 

Edited by TeamTN

TD2, on the subject of Hillbillies: a person who dwells in the Appalachia or Ozark mountain regions; a southern man with little or no formal education. 

My Uncle refers to himself as a Hillbilly all the time.

He fits the definition.  His last grade in school was grade 5.  He can read and write enough to get by and can sign his name well.  He has gotten by OK though.  He owns 4 hotels in Gatlinburg and several other pieces of property in Pigeon Forge.  For a Hillbilly, he has done quite well for himself and his family

Edited by TeamTN

TD2, on the subject of Hillbillies: a person who dwells in the Appalachia or Ozark mountain regions; a southern man with little or no formal education. 

My Uncle refers to himself as a Hillbilly all the time.

He fits the definition.  His last grade in school was grade 5.  He can read and write enough to get by and can sign his name well.  He has gotten by OK though.  He owns 4 hotels in Gatlinburg and several other pieces of property in Pigeon Forge.  For a Hillbilly, he has done quite well for himself and his family

Holy crap, who cares. You're like a 5 year old when someone calls you a name and you just cant leave it along. Stop crying.