Class A State Tournament

Shozen

They are definitely the favorites, i think Harriman is in after watching Columbia play. GCA is a solid 15 point favorite over Clay right now but ...... that's why they play the games! Everyone thought Humboldt and Mitchell would be playing for the title and they're already on their way back home... Like i've always said.. "anything can happen at the glass house" :popcorneater:

I would say GCA is the possible favorite but in no way will they win by 15 or even double digits. After watching them Arnold and the one kid who killed Humboldt back door near the end is their go to players. Size has never bother Clay. Every player besides Key are outsized every night.

Smith is good for 8-10 every night and tonight he had 1 point and same for Russell and he had 5-6. Silk is a great fundamental player and ended with 12 tonight. I just have a feeling Clay will come out on top.

I would say GCA is the possible favorite but in no way will they win by 15 or even double digits. After watching them Arnold and the one kid who killed Humboldt back door near the end is their go to players. Size has never bother Clay. Every player besides Key are outsized every night.

Smith is good for 8-10 every night and tonight he had 1 point and same for Russell and he had 5-6. Silk is a great fundamental player and ended with 12 tonight. I just have a feeling Clay will come out on top.

Come on man you're ruining it for me.... Work with me on this one ... :mrgreen:

Come on man you're ruining it for me.... Work with me on this one ... :mrgreen:

Ok I will say this GCA isn't any better overall from what I seen than Goodpasture a team that beat Columbia Academy by 34 during the season. GCA has a better player in Arnold but both play the same style. I fully expect a zone, box 1 or some type of matchup zone vs Clay. Which Key still had 28-30 vs GP but it wasn't 54.

I think GCA seen that trying to play him man even though they are better than Loretto you either end up in foul trouble or he scores his average of 40ppg.

Edited by Shozen

Ok I will say this GCA isn't any better overall from what I seen than Goodpasture a team that beat Columbia Academy by 34 during the season. GCA has a better player in Arnold but both play the same style. I fully expect a zone, box 1 or some type of matchup zone vs Clay. Which Key still had 28-30 vs GP but it wasn't 54.

I think GCA seen that trying to play him man even though they are better than Loretto you either end up in foul trouble or he scores his average of 40ppg.

We're getting ready to see what kind of coaching staff we have. Clay Co is a VERY GOOD team with an unbelievable player that must be "somewhat" contained. We have the team to beat Clay Co., but can we devise a gameplan to do it? I believe we absolutely have the staff to do just that! I can't wait to see what they come up with. Should be a doozy folks! Key is the REAL DEAL! I sort of wish he was headed to my alma mater, the other Indiana (in Bloomington) school. The Sycamores of ISU got a steal from what I see.

SILENCE THE CRITICS!!! The Big Blue have taken down "The Dynasty" the Mitchell Tigers 59-54!!! I couldn't be more proud of our boys!!!

I've wanted to call this one all week, but I was afraid to put the "curse" on you guys. I missed the whole thing watching our boys freeze on the diamond tonight. How cool is it to have both Dist. 3 teams in the semis?

One step at a time....not even going to talk about the possibilities of round 5......yet! Y'all have gotten better all year long. We'll need our best game of the year to get our part done. We shall see.....Good luck tomorrow!

Grace big even if Key scores 60

Haha I wouldn't have taken the time to type such a dumb post. Niether team will win big but if Key scores 60 it's over, done and dusted.

However that won't be the case. I would look for him to have around 30 so the guards will need to have a much better game for Clay to win.

Edited by Shozen

Struggling through some adversity this week but had 8 rebs, 4 blocks, and 11 pts. Today thats not too bad for an off day

They kept double teaming him and man dis it open up the floor and back door for Ledford who closed it! 10/12 shooting and 28pts

Yeah I noticed it killed Humboldt towards the end. You guys played a good game and battled through Humboldt's run going into halftime as most teams would have been done at that point. I look forward to the rematch tomorrow. Will it be another barn burner like two years ago? Edited by Shozen