State Tournament A, AA, AAA

PantherTown

If they went that route - I would love it for the kids to play:

@ Memphis (West)

@ Vandy, MT, or Municipal Auditorium (Midstate)

@ UT (East)

This was tried with the Spring Fling a few years ago. It didn't go well.

When the rotation hit Memphis the people that would come would only come to the games Memphis teams play in. Now if it was an all Memphis final, especially in AAA, there would be a lot of people.

When the rotation hit Knoxville the only people from Memphis that would come would be the teams.

The middle of the state is best.

This was tried with the Spring Fling a few years ago. It didn't go well.

When the rotation hit Memphis the people that would come would only come to the games Memphis teams play in. Now if it was an all Memphis final, especially in AAA, there would be a lot of people.

When the rotation hit Knoxville the only people from Memphis that would come would be the teams.

The middle of the state is best.

And logistically speaking it is the most practical.. I would definitely agree

A game that no one has talked about on any thread is Oakland v. Southwind.

Southwind is definitely the more athletic team but Memphis teams typically do not see a lot of zones. Oakland's coach, Troy Bond, is notorious for running zone. He runs a lot of 3-2 against not shooting teams, and a 1-3-1 / 1-2-1-1 trap that has bothered teams. 

They also have a sophomore (maybe junior) guard that has offers from MTSU and a few MTSU- level teams, that can score in bunches.

Memphis teams see zones all the time.

Everybody in the city plays a 2-3.

This year we saw a tandem 1-1-3, extended 2-1-2, straight 1-2-2, extended 1-2-2, and 3-2

What I noticed this year was that a lot of teams were adding match-up zone principals to their zones. They didn't play it perfectly but they did play it well enough to throw most teams off.

The Brentwood/OR and Oakland/Southwind are the most interesting games to me because they are completely different types of teams. 

Obviously Southwind and OR are the better teams on paper, sometimes these type of odd match ups have a weird way of playing out.

Southwind's two main guys are Mark Freeman and Carlos Marshall Jr.

They can both go get their own shots just about anytime they want.

Carlos will look to score every time he touches the ball. He attacks the basket relentlessly. He is not so concerned with scoring that he won't pass it but he's looking to score.

Mark Freeman gets everyone on the floor involved. (including the defense) He makes shots from anywhere, makes great passes, and runs the team. Is he perfect? No, but when he's locked in he's very good.

Slow those two down and you have a much higher percentage of beating them. Outside of that everyone else are role players. Don't take that for granted though. They have a very long, athletic kid in the middle, another guard that can make shots, and a kid or two off the bench that pick up the pieces. Then it all falls off a cliff. Nothing more to be worried about. 

They will press and run off of turnovers. I don't just mean run though. They will turn you over, the ball will hit the floor once on a bounce pass or dribble and the ball will be in the basket before you know it.

They sound fun and entertaining to watch. 

From what I have gotten to watch of Oakland this year, they have a lot of length.

PG is a sophomore and their best scorer - probably 6'2 with good length. few offers including MTSU

SG - is roughly 6'1 and is a good catch and shoot guy, least athletic guy on the court at times but does a lot of intangibles on both sides of the court.

SF & PF are 6'3/6'4 and have a very long windspans - they both play great D and rebound very well. 

C - 6'5 with a stocky build. I'd guess that he plays football (DE or TE) - he can score from just about anywhere including the catch and shoot 3. Does a good job a getting to the rim off of the dribble.

off the bench they had a pair (or 3) of kids 6'3ish that can really guard and rebound well. One is a better basketball player while the other is a better athlete (believe he's going to UT-Martin for football). They also have a younger guard who played very well in the regular season but he hasn't shot the ball great in the post-season. 

Southwind's two main guys are Mark Freeman and Carlos Marshall Jr.

They can both go get their own shots just about anytime they want.

Carlos will look to score every time he touches the ball. He attacks the basket relentlessly. He is not so concerned with scoring that he won't pass it but he's looking to score.

Mark Freeman gets everyone on the floor involved. (including the defense) He makes shots from anywhere, makes great passes, and runs the team. Is he perfect? No, but when he's locked in he's very good.

Slow those two down and you have a much higher percentage of beating them. Outside of that everyone else are role players. Don't take that for granted though. They have a very long, athletic kid in the middle, another guard that can make shots, and a kid or two off the bench that pick up the pieces. Then it all falls off a cliff. Nothing more to be worried about. 

They will press and run off of turnovers. I don't just mean run though. They will turn you over, the ball will hit the floor once on a bounce pass or dribble and the ball will be in the basket before you know it.

Great analysis, I can definitely tell you have a coaches eye.