Moore Co.-Coffee Co.game

mc

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abby Fanning hit two free throws with less than a second remaining in OT for the Raiderette win.

For Moore County:Abby Fanning 8, Holt 9, Norman 7, Staples 8, Blair 6, Fletcher 6, Draine 2

For Coffee County:Walker 2, Carden 9, Gipson 4, Buchanan 10, Benjamin 10, Grose 7, Anderson 2

Score at end of each quarter:1, 12-10 MC 2, 22-18 MC 3, 36-34 CC 4, 42-42 OT, 46-44 MC

Holt, Norman, and Staples each had two 3's for MC

Carden had 2 and Buchanan 1 three for CC

MC starting center Blackburn out with injury

What happened here? Benjamin is an All American and only has 10 points vs. Moore Co with their starting center out? Maybe all the hype about Coffee Co is for nothing. Looks now like Lawrence Co might have just locked up 2nd place in 8AAA if Coffee can't do any better than this. No offense Moore Co, and good luck on the rest of your seaon. Hope to see the old Moore Co. blue at the Boro this year with our Eaglettes

No offense? Well, we are offended. We can go at least four deep at center with virtually no drop off. We have just as good a program as you guys, and we do it all with home-grown players. Benjamin may not have had her most stellar game ever, but most of that was due to a tough MC defense. Coffee County has a terrific team, and it won't be long before they pull it all together-I still look for them to battle for 2nd in the district. It would have been a good game for other 8AAA coaches to scout, as you won't be getting a tape since Coach Tipps is from Lynchburg. I think this game is more of a warning to other single A teams than a sigh of relief for Coffe Co. opponents.

As for the state tourn., maybe your Eaglettes can join US there. ;)

Let's set the record straight--Yes, Moore Co. won. Yes, Moore Co. has a solid, well coached team that should travel far in their region, and maybe even to the state. However, it's hard for any post player to score more than 10 points, when your head flies back every time you try to shoot, and your body is falling on the floor from contact that

officials evidently weren't looking for! This had to be one of the worst if not the worst called games I have seen in many years of following basketball! These refs definitely need a gallon or two of polish! Coffee Co. will be fine if they can stay healthy and keep working!

Guest fabfive

Just take your lose and go on. Nothing is going to change again in 8AAA with Shelbyville and Lawrence County being 1 and 2. Coffee County stop making excuses Moore County beat you and live with it. Instead of wasting your time worrying about Shelbyville and Lawrence County you need to be worrying about how to stay at third and worry about beating teams you can beat like Columbia, Tullahoma, Fraklin County, and Lincoln County.

Well this was a Hall of Fame game so it won't count, well if you are from Coffee County it won't count. I am sure Moore County will count it. But the referees were consistent, consistently bad. The entire Coffee Co. team was in foul trouble. But even with decent officials, I think Coffee Co. would have won by a slim margin. Moore Co. has a pretty good team that can flat out shoot the ball and the Fanning girl is awesome. She can handle the rock with the best of anyone. So basically good win Moore Co. and decent scrimmage Coffee Co.