• Camden
    • Cheatham County
    • Fairview
    • Harpeth
    • Stewart County
    • Sycamore

Go Stewart County Rebels!  

The region loses East Hickman but everyone else stayed the same

The region is a difficult pick no question about it.  Camden is Camden.  They never seem to "be down" and I'm sure they'll have another 23+ seniors on this year's team who can all play.  Fairview is Fairview.  They were a couple of injuries away from possibly being a state semifinalist last season.  Like Camden they always just seem to plug guys in and continue to win.  Cheatham County is probably the most experienced team.  They return a solid core from a team that won 6 games last year which included a win over Camden & a near win over Fairview.  They'll have a great shot at the region title this year.  Sycamore probably returns the most dynamic player in the region and they have a solid core around him as well.  They won 5 games last year and will be in the mix one would think.  Harpeth was as good as anyone last year and had a special run winning 8 games, beating Cheatham & Sycamore, and playing for a region title the final week of the regular season.  They graduated a very good senior class but they'll certainly find some guys to plug in and remain competitive.  

• Upvote 1

I don't have a great deal of knowledge about the other teams in this region besides Fairview. Cheatham County would be my pick today if I had to choose. 

Fairview lost a lot of experience and physicality to graduation. They'll make the playoffs but will take some lumps in 2017. 

4 hours ago, Swarm said:

I don't have a great deal of knowledge about the other teams in this region besides Fairview. Cheatham County would be my pick today if I had to choose. 

Fairview lost a lot of experience and physicality to graduation. They'll make the playoffs but will take some lumps in 2017. 

Losing Caldwell, Ortiz, and Beatherd will hurt.  Fairview was 11-0 entering the second round of the playoffs last year and they actually had a multiple score lead on Goodpasture entering the fourth quarter if memory serves me correctly.  They had some tough injuries hit at one time, I believe one of their players actually missed that game due to an injury occurring in carpentry class, and at the end of the Goodpasture game those injuries were too much for them to overcome.  I really thought that when they were 100% healthy last year that Fairview was better than Goodpasture and CPA.  They had an excellent opportunity to make a semifinal (or greater) run last year but the injury bug proved to be their demise.  

I think the Fairview team will be as competitive as always in the region.  Their non region slate is brutal.  Waverly, Page, and Ravenwood will all be major challenges.  White House-Heritage and Greenbrier will be good as well.  They also play Franklin in the jamboree and scrimmage Marshall County.  They'll be battle tested before the late region run hits.  

On 7/7/2017 at 6:02 PM, howdoitknow said:

Losing Caldwell, Ortiz, and Beatherd will hurt.  Fairview was 11-0 entering the second round of the playoffs last year and they actually had a multiple score lead on Goodpasture entering the fourth quarter if memory serves me correctly.  They had some tough injuries hit at one time, I believe one of their players actually missed that game due to an injury occurring in carpentry class, and at the end of the Goodpasture game those injuries were too much for them to overcome.  I really thought that when they were 100% healthy last year that Fairview was better than Goodpasture and CPA.  They had an excellent opportunity to make a semifinal (or greater) run last year but the injury bug proved to be their demise.  

I think the Fairview team will be as competitive as always in the region.  Their non region slate is brutal.  Waverly, Page, and Ravenwood will all be major challenges.  White House-Heritage and Greenbrier will be good as well.  They also play Franklin in the jamboree and scrimmage Marshall County.  They'll be battle tested before the late region run hits.  

Well said. Yes the Goodpasture game was tough to swallow because of the injuries. I've never seen the tide change so quickly in a game.  No excuses though. They fought hard for the comeback win on the road. And got it.

I'm excited for the season to begin. A lot of question marks on what Fairview will bring to the table. I understand that we have 2 really good quarterbacks. 

On 7/2/2017 at 3:19 PM, howdoitknow said:

Go Stewart County Rebels!  

The region loses East Hickman but everyone else stayed the same

The region is a difficult pick no question about it.  Camden is Camden.  They never seem to "be down" and I'm sure they'll have another 23+ seniors on this year's team who can all play.  Fairview is Fairview.  They were a couple of injuries away from possibly being a state semifinalist last season.  Like Camden they always just seem to plug guys in and continue to win.  Cheatham County is probably the most experienced team.  They return a solid core from a team that won 6 games last year which included a win over Camden & a near win over Fairview.  They'll have a great shot at the region title this year.  Sycamore probably returns the most dynamic player in the region and they have a solid core around him as well.  They won 5 games last year and will be in the mix one would think.  Harpeth was as good as anyone last year and had a special run winning 8 games, beating Cheatham & Sycamore, and playing for a region title the final week of the regular season.  They graduated a very good senior class but they'll certainly find some guys to plug in and remain competitive.  

Funny because many of us here in Camden think we are down. All the talent is young.We will be well coached IMHO but I would put my money on fairview  and wouldn't be shocked if Camden finished out of the Playoffs all together

All the teams that we been beating up on for the past 13 years or so here is your chance :? 

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Funny because many of us here in Camden think we are down. All the talent is young.We will be well coached IMHO but I would put my money on fairview  and wouldn't be shocked if Camden finished out of the Playoffs all together

All the teams that we been beating up on for the past 13 years or so here is your chance :? 

I'd have to see it to believe it.  Their schedule out of the gate is tough with Waverly and Lewis both being Top 10 worthy teams in 2A.

• 3 weeks later...