• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

TennBoy

Head coach at Powell

9 hours ago, baseballguy1616 said:

What are they waiting on?

That's a great question.  

Just amazed. How can this take so long? Is there any way that the candidates are so bad they can't find someone or are they being turned down by everyone? Just can't imagine how a program that has been so good could be so hard to fill.

Understand that the coach should be announced within the next day or 2.   I am told that an offer has been made and accepted, and the candidate is going through the necessary HR steps.  

Does anyone know anything about this guy. How much experience does he have. Can't be much. He is 24 or 25 I think. Amazed this is where they ended up. Maybe it will work out but I am shocked.

Edited by TennBoy

Hmmm, a 25-year old head coach? What could go wrong?

No offense to coach Dalton, he could certainly be a quality coach and a class act. I do hope this hire works out, but on the surface, this guy is 2 years removed from college and isn't much older than the kids that he is being tasked with leading. Those who wonder about the current KCS system-wide teaching/coaching mess, look no further. This is a perfect example of where things are because KCS can't retain quality teachers/coaches. It's just going to be a continuous revolving door, and we're going to see more and more hires like this in the future.