• Notre Dame
    • Silverdale
    • Webb School of Knoxville

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DragonVol said:

I have not, but I know what kind of program they have, and what kind of players they have. ND is always a dang good team. I have seen Webb personally which is why I made that comment. 

that speaks well of Webb then.  I have not seen Webb.  Hope for a great injury free season.

Looks like ND has at least one speedster of their own to chase down and run away from the Webb boys. I'm betting (oops....not supposed to do that at a Baptist school) the Irish have a stable of athletes. Baylor and McCallie can't get them all from a talent rich area. The so-called prep experts mentioned something about a 4.4 40 time on the Irish Junior committed to UT? That'll hunt! And, they traditionally have a good line from everything we hear up this way. I watched one work at the last UT prospect camp this summer....he knows what he's doing.

And, of course, there's the CAK stable of revolving studs getting all the pub up here.....as always. If I were Webb, I'd be sort of put out by the limited press they're getting compared to all of the CAK stuff we've seen lately. We're happy to fly under the radar up Oak Ridge Hwy. I doubt Webb is. They've earned more respect. The frosh is getting his due, but Sparty has a LOT MORE THAN just him. Their line is a wrecking machine, and they have weapons all over the field!

Having said all of that, I guess Boyd and GCA, and the rest of the group might as well just give up and go on to basketball season. 8-) I am so glad it's time to play the games. There are going to be a few players nobody has a clue about hit the radar soon enough!

Edited by RaiseEmRightnPray

14 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Looks like ND has at least one speedster of their own to chase down and run away from the Webb boys. I'm betting (oops....not supposed to do that at a Baptist school) the Irish have a stable of athletes. Baylor and McCallie can't get them all from a talent rich area. The so-called prep experts mentioned something about a 4.4 40 time on the Baylor JR committed to UT? That'll hunt! And, they traditionally have a good line from everything we hear up this way. I watched one work at the last UT prospect camp this summer....he knows what he's doing.

And, of course, there's the CAK stable of revolving studs getting all the pub up here.....as always. If I were Webb, I'd be sort of put out by the limited press they're getting compared to all of the CAK stuff we've seen lately. We're happy to fly under the radar up Oak Ridge Hwy. I doubt Webb is. They've earned more respect. The frosh is getting his due, but Sparty has a LOT MORE THAN just him. Their line is a wrecking machine, and they have weapons all over the field!

Having said all of that, I guess Boyd and GCA, and the rest of the group might as well just give up and go on to basketball season. 8-) I am so glad it's time to play the games. There are going to be a few players nobody has a clue about hit the radar soon enough!

Baylor's Brendon Harris (UT Commit) is a Senior this year. 

Yes Webb has a lot more than freshman phenon Elijah Howard. 

Senior Hunter Green is a 3 year starter at quarterback and is very good. He has a couple very good receivers to throw to as well  

Junior Jahlil Jefferson is the other star. While not quite as fast as Howard he is barley a step behind. He is being slept on big time. I hope the lack of aknowledgement has driven him to even another level this year. 

Senior Morgan Ernst is a stud linebacker commited to Army.

If Webb can get through Ensworth and McCallie healthy it will be very hard to beat them. Hoping for a split playing those two powerhouses back to back.

I think Ensworth will be the tougher team but Webb doesn't have a lot of depth and if that hard hitting Ensworth team bangs up the Spartans they won't have enough to beat a very talented McCallie team. If healthy I think the Spartans have a very good shot. 

6 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Baylor's Brendon Harris (UT Commit) is a Senior this year. 

Yes Webb has a lot more than freshman phenon Elijah Howard. 

Senior Hunter Green is a 3 year starter at quarterback and is very good. He has a couple very good receivers to throw to as well  

Junior Jahlil Jefferson is the other star. While not quite as fast as Howard he is barley a step behind. He is being slept on big time. I hope the lack of aknowledgement has driven him to even another level this year. 

Senior Morgan Ernst is a stud linebacker commited to Army.

If Webb can get through Ensworth and McCallie healthy it will be very hard to beat them. Hoping for a split playing those two powerhouses back to back.

I think Ensworth will be the tougher team but Webb doesn't have a lot of depth and if that hard hitting Ensworth team bangs up the Spartans they won't have enough to beat a very talented McCallie team. If healthy I think the Spartans have a very good shot. 

Oops....I keep forgetting we graduated to D-II. I have to step up my game and check my post twice around here. There are so many power programs down that way with stud athletes, I typed the wrong team. I meant ND's Cameron Wynn, a Junior UT commit, not the kid from Baylor, with the 4.41 speed.

I'd sure love to see him trying to catch Howard and Jefferson (or, maybe they'll be trying to catch him)....that'll be a fun one to watch. I think I'd be more interested in watching your line get after theirs. If the horses can't get out of the gate, they can't run. That's where I'm with you hoping they don't get wore down, nicked up, by the two AAA powers.

I root for all the kids, not just mine, until we're facing off, of course. My son grew up playing alongside big Jake in Halls until they left for greener pastures (or bluer in my case.) I just love that kid AND his dad. He can flat out knock your block off!

• 4 weeks later...