Rossview vs Clarksville (Warfield Shield Game)

Budman

19 hours ago, poppop said:

Rossview has always been disrespected in Clarksville, especially by the local paper ( Leaf Chronicle) and its " Sports Reporter". Looks like the roles have reversed this year, except of course, by the " Laugh Chronicles" perspective. 

I've watched CHS in 7 on 7's and scrimmages as well as the TOC Jamboree. They are much better than they are given credit. True, Rossview is deeper, has more talent and experience, but in games like this, anything could happen. Looking for a great game Friday night, not a blowout like last year. 

I wouldn’t say Rossview is disrespected in the City.

Most consider it one of the top schools. But they did not start off very strong in football. It took 6 years for them to have their first winning season (6-5) and first playoff appearance. They have only had 6 winning records in 16 years and did not win a playoff game until 2014.

Coach Lambert is a good coach and did a great job building them into a quality program, but most would say that he lacked personal charisma with the local community. I believe that is where your sense of disrespect has come from. I believe Coach Hood will be just as good of a coach, and will add some much needed positive public perception to the program.  

I believe all of the Clarksville schools are moving in the right direction and that we may finally start to become a town that is recognized for our football success. Although we still have a ways to go, I believe Clarksville, Rossview, and Northeast will be leading the way.

Good luck this year. I’ll be routing for you, after week 1.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

I wouldn’t say Rossview is disrespected in the City.

Most consider it one of the top schools. But they did not start off very strong in football. It took 6 years for them to have their first winning season (6-5) and first playoff appearance. They have only had 6 winning records in 16 years and did not win a playoff game until 2014.

Coach Lambert is a good coach and did a great job building them into a quality program, but most would say that he lacked personal charisma with the local community. I believe that is where your sense of disrespect has come from. I believe Coach Hood will be just as good of a coach, and will add some much needed positive public perception to the program.  

I believe all of the Clarksville schools are moving in the right direction and that we may finally start to become a town that is recognized for our football success. Although we still have a ways to go, I believe Clarksville, Rossview, and Northeast will be leading the way.

Good luck this year. I’ll be routing for you, after week 1.

By disrespected that was mainly directed at the Clarksville paper.  It's not just in football either. But that's ok. They have some competition now that's doing a much better job. Thanks for the props buddy!

15 hours ago, sheppy said:

Don't think the CA QB was run off.  Think the parents chose a school that is smaller with a high academic environment.  Not saying you couldn't get a high academic environment and education at CHS, they simply chose a different path for their son.  He may be the best pure passer in Clarksville.  Personally, don't think coaches run off players, players don't want to abide by the rules a head coach puts in place, well so be it, take your self and your football to another school and I wish you the best of luck.  Been saying this for 40 years, don't know where that high school/college is that everybody wants to attend.  Hard to believe, but there are some players that don't want to go to Alabama, Michigan State, Clemson.  Why?  Maybe the coaches, maybe the academics, maybe the discipline, maybe the distance from home.  Who knows, maybe that's why Bryce chose CA. 

Can't wait till Friday night, only thing better than coaching football on Friday night, coaching in college on a Saturday afternoon.  Will attend a game Friday if I can find somebody to drive me.

GO CATS, BEAT THE HAWKS!!!

Sheppy, I can definatley agree with you about kids not wanting to abide by rules, and other things coaches put in place. There's plenty of that in the world today. As far CA QB, I know for a fact he left CHS due to the current coaching staff, and particularly a certain assistant coach. I used to work with his grandfather. But I don't think they made a bad decision. Seems to be a lot of controversy around that program. Also, is it just me, or do they have a lot of coaching turnover? Seems to be on the 3rd DC in 4 years. That's not good. I don't see them beating RV Friday night. 

Pilgrim,

Really appreciate the offer for a ride.  Linda and John C. have been driving Mr. Daisey around for 2 weeks.  LOL.  I feel quite confident he will pick me up Friday and get me to the game on time, as we have been going to games together since we were 8 years old.  Be glad when they let me drive again, but I understand and will do what Dr. B. says.

Edward's Steakhouse is going to sponsor a TEAM OF THE WEEK IN MONTGOMERY Co. each week of the regular season.  At the conclusion of week 11, we will name a TEAM OF THE YEAR. Plaques will go out each week and at end of year.    Just a small way to give back to the players and coaches for their hard work each week and to reward them for a BIG WIN on Friday night.

DirtroadDaddy,

I have no knowledge about a rift between CHS coach(es) and the CA QB.  I know from watching him in middle, he was a fine field general even though a bit small at that time.  From all accounts he may very be the best pure passer in Clarksville this year.  As you # of DC's in  the last few years, couldn't agree nor disagree with you.  Play calling on both sides of the ball is grossly overrated.  You can have the "perfect" play, blitz, coverage" called and get toasted.  Why?  Because you didn't coach your kids to correctly respond on that call in that game at that time.   I have coached for 42 years and have never won a game in my life with a call.  Lost quite a few, including '96 state championship game with a call, haunts me to this minute.  Always held true to this statement:  COACHES DON'T WIN GAMES, PLAYER'S WIN GAMES.  COACHES LOSE GAMES.  jmho

On 8/9/2017 at 1:34 PM, fbepic said:

Rossview will win by 4 scores, minimum. Hood has assembled one of the best staffs in the area. Not to mention the returning players. This one won't be close. 

If Rossview plays like they did Friday night, could be a close game.  Cant turn the ball over 3 times and win. On a positive note, the defense looked really strong with alot of debth. I'm sure Hood will have them ready to play!

10 minutes ago, poppop said:

Talked to the Shield today. It want's to stay at Rossview. I told it " don't worry, you'll stay here for a long time". 

( I took a nice picture for my profile) 

I hoped you noticed the C is above the R.

Clarksville still leads the series 9 - 5.

Go Cats!

Pilgrim

Did CHS bring in more bleachers for this game? I think this game could set a new attendence record for you all. Wish the two schools could get together and move the game to APSU on a Thursday or Saturday night. I know there is several people that wont bother coming out because of lack of seating.On another note, hope both teams come out of this non district game injury free! Cant amagine what your UT commit baseball player is thinking. Putting alot on the line for the football team!

6 minutes ago, Budman said:

Pilgrim

Did CHS bring in more bleachers for this game? I think this game could set a new attendence record for you all. Wish the two schools could get together and move the game to APSU on a Thursday or Saturday night. I know there is several people that wont bother coming out because of lack of seating.On another note, hope both teams come out of this non district game injury free! Cant amagine what your UT commit baseball player is thinking. Putting alot on the line for the football team!

Yep. The D Line has been savage. Just ask Ravenwoods QB