Rossview vs Clarksville (Warfield Shield Game)

Budman

2 hours ago, Budman said:

Pilgrim

Did CHS bring in more bleachers for this game? I think this game could set a new attendence record for you all. Wish the two schools could get together and move the game to APSU on a Thursday or Saturday night. I know there is several people that wont bother coming out because of lack of seating.On another note, hope both teams come out of this non district game injury free! Cant amagine what your UT commit baseball player is thinking. Putting alot on the line for the football team!

They did put some extra bleachers out, but it will never be enough. I believe that there will be a better chance of moving this game to APSU now that coach Hood is in place. Especially if the game stays at week one.

Good luck to all tonight.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Kidover said:

I have no dog in hunt, long ago player and graduate of CHS, children graduated and played at RHS. The coaching won for CHS tonight. RHS much more talented and deep.

RHS will struggle with 6a this year 

Great game tonight. Rossview will be fine. The biggest difference tonight was one team that has been in the same system for 4 years now, and another that is one game into a new system. RHS has some tough opponents ahead, but will get better with each game.

Pilgrim, great seeing you tonight.  Hope CHS gets the kinks worked out with PAT/FG, as they left 5 points off the the board.

Would love to know how many yards CHS had in the game AFTER 1ST CONTACT was made. Both teams had their chances and will have to wait and see all other scores before deciding the Edward's Steakhouse Team of the Week for week 1.

Of course Northeast plays tomorrow in Bowling Green and naturally wishing them the best of luck.

Wonder what the incident was after the game where 2 RHS players took off jerseys & shoulder pads and were stomping around.

Hope Skyler Luna is ok for CHS - fine athlete and competitor!

Edited by sheppy

15 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Great game tonight. Rossview will be fine. The biggest difference tonight was one team that has been in the same system for 4 years now, and another that is one game into a new system. RHS has some tough opponents ahead, but will get better with each game.

Cannot win at that level without some sort of opening up the field with at least a passing threat

1 hour ago, Kidover said:

I have no dog in hunt, long ago player and graduate of CHS, children graduated and played at RHS. The coaching won for CHS tonight. RHS much more talented and deep.

RHS will struggle with 6a this year 

Congratulations to CHS Wildcats and especially Pilgrim. Outplayed RHS tonight. Shelby coached a heck of a game. 

10 hours ago, sheppy said:

Pilgrim, great seeing you tonight.  Hope CHS gets the kinks worked out with PAT/FG, as they left 5 points off the the board.

Would love to know how many yards CHS had in the game AFTER 1ST CONTACT was made. Both teams had their chances and will have to wait and see all other scores before deciding the Edward's Steakhouse Team of the Week for week 1.

Of course Northeast plays tomorrow in Bowling Green and naturally wishing them the best of luck.

Wonder what the incident was after the game where 2 RHS players took off jerseys & shoulder pads and were stomping around.

Hope Skyler Luna is ok for CHS - fine athlete and competitor!

Good to see you too. I thought it may have been one of the better games of this series. It had a different feel with Coach Hood on the other side. (a good feel) 

I was really surprised at our kicking game. I don't know, but I suspect we may have been to confident in it, and may have neglected working on it this week.

I think Luna is fine. From what I was told it wasn't an injury, but maybe dehydration. It can happen to the best of us.

I missed the incident, but Rossview doesn't have the luxury of dwelling on this loss. They have a very tough opponent in Christian County next week.

See you next week in Springfield.

Sorry, but I wont make the trip to Yellow Jacket country next week.  Haven't decided which game I will attend, but pretty sure it will be a local game.

I'm new here. Looks like a great place to spar, vent and opine.

"Disclaimer" All opinions viewed here may be right or wrong, but they're still my opinion until someone can change my mind with a reasonable, unemotional argument.

I Have no dog in this fight, but I can't say last nights loss totally surprised me. This is always a strong rivalry and anyone can win any year. I will say CHS controlled the line all night.In addition, Hood was out coached last night. Shelby had his defense ready and it showed big time. Giving up an almost sure 3 points to go for 4th and 1 OUTSIDE did not look too good for Rossview. It would have been the game winner. Of course, ( IMHO) should have never come down to that to begin with. Rossview had more depth and talent, but that doesn't always win games.

We'll see if Hood lives up to his reputation.  I hope he is successful. He seems to have inherited talent, just needs to figure out how to use it. Let's all hope he does.

Shelby has his critics, but he has a successful resume as a head coach. He's had challenges at CHS, but seems to always come through for wins. Shelby came to CHS and never had a downhill record ( unless you count the ineligible player).  He is very good at adjusting his scheme to his players. Successful high school coaches have to since they don't get to pick the type of talent they are dealt.

CHS will surprise this year. All I've heard is how they were down. I think they go to the playoffs if they stay healthy and Coach Shelby keeps them motivated. I'll pick them #3 in their region behind Henry County and Northeast

Rossview will struggle to win games unless some changes are made. This same Rossview team beat a better ( or at least equal)  CHS team last year like a drum. Don't recall the score, but it was a drumming. The only thing that's changed is a new Coaching staff. Shame if they don’t compete.

Hope I get to check out Northeast/Kenwood next week.