Anderson County Mavericks

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Anderson County Mavericks looked more than impressive against Knoxville Carter. I am impressed. They moved the ball really well. Defense was impressive against a powerful Carter team. Keep up good work Mavs!

Anyone know the stats from last night?  AC looked pretty good, especially the second half.  They need to sure up their Kick Coverage and get the penalties under control, they do that and they win by another 2 scores last night.  If this team can cut down on their mistakes they look like they can go pretty far and have a real good season.  Stanton can be special.  I like the bruising way they are running the ball right now as well, I hope they can keep that up all season.

8 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Anderson County Mavericks looked more than impressive against Knoxville Carter. I am impressed. They moved the ball really well. Defense was impressive against a powerful Carter team. Keep up good work Mavs!

I don't have any skin in the game, but here are my takeaways (some are pretty obvious):

• Offensively, AC has a nice balance. Defensively, it's too early to tell. This Carter team isn't exactly a great barometer.
  • AC couldn't get out of their own way in the first half. Once they cut down on the penalties and turnovers, they rolled.
  • AC has a lot of size and experience. However, they don't have a lot of team speed. All I can say is that it's a good thing that Fulton, Gibbs, and Central moved up to 5A.
  • A lot of people I talked to this week were concerned with Carter's lack of experience heading in to this season, and it showed. Not often that a team looks so small/young. The only thing that kept them in that game were the mistakes made by AC (turnover, penalties, special teams).
  • With AC's schedule, they should win a lot of games.
  • On the flip-side, Carter's schedule is brutal. They will be lucky to win 2-3 games.

AC is going to be a playoff team, but it's tough to say how far they will go. They don't play any real heavyweights, so the real test for this team probably won't happen until November.

23 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I don't have any skin in the game, but here are my takeaways (some are pretty obvious):

• Offensively, AC has a nice balance. Defensively, it's too early to tell. This Carter team isn't exactly a great barometer.
  • AC couldn't get out of their own way in the first half. Once they cut down on the penalties and turnovers, they rolled.
  • AC has a lot of size and experience. However, they don't have a lot of team speed. All I can say is that it's a good thing that Fulton, Gibbs, and Central moved up to 5A.
  • A lot of people I talked to this week were concerned with Carter's lack of experience heading in to this season, and it showed. Not often that a team looks so small/young. The only thing that kept them in that game were the mistakes made by AC (turnover, penalties, special teams).
  • With AC's schedule, they should win a lot of games.
  • On the flip-side, Carter's schedule is brutal. They will be lucky to win 2-3 games.

AC is going to be a playoff team, but it's tough to say how far they will go. They don't play any real heavyweights, so the real test for this team probably won't happen until November.

100%

57 minutes ago, hogdogger said:

Ac will finally have a winning season condrads on a great schedule lol,lol,lol,lol,lol even TV announcers were making fun of it.they said you all should win your district with ease but the down side come playoff time your screwed, lol,lol 

What?  You have to have faith. AC made great adjustments during halftime came out and shut down Carter..zip 0. Did you think in all honesty that CC looked good. I thought it was a sluggish like played game. Was not really impressed except for #1. Other than that if he is not playing good luck. 

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

What?  You have to have faith. AC made great adjustments during halftime came out and shut down Carter..zip 0. Did you think in all honesty that CC looked good. I thought it was a sluggish like played game. Was not really impressed except for #1. Other than that if he is not playing good luck. 

I thought AC played fine they beat a team that was 3 and 7 last year and will probably  be a 3 and 7 again this year.....but on the flip side if AC had there schedule AC would be a 3 and 7 team too AGAIN!!!!!!   Enjoy that schedule and pat yourself on the backs with all those wins this year,but don't expect any respect from anybody.

• Upvote 1