Grundy vs Ezell Harding

ImaSavage

Since its been brought to my attention by parents of current players and almost all your former ones that have transferred...

I've never once told the DB's to stay in their backpedal the entire play.   True to yourself, you listened to 1/4 of what I said and ignored the other 75% because you were in lala land thinking about how great you were...

See the entire time I was there, for half of it, and much to my dismay, You only ran 1 coverage. Cover 3.   We didn't add any other coverages (again against my advice, and Ken Colquettes) until after dead period. Now I know, without a doubt in my mind,  why Colquette pulled me aside and said I would have to be patient with you, that you didn't understand this, or the split back veer, and I would have to give you time to see why I was suggesting the things I'm suggesting.... Right after that you decided to call him a dumb drunk old man, to me and part of the coaching staff and said he was a spy for Whitwell telling Coach White your secret shotgun package that was only 4 plays Chris Pickett designed to be used against 4 coverages.  True story!!!!!!    

Now let me explain myself clearly since the first time, It went over your head.

In a cover 3 the 2 pass plays that exploit that coverage are 4 verticals and smash style routes,(WHERE No.1 one runs a 4-5 yard hitch and the number 2 works over THE TOP OF the corners 1/3 zone .)
   I only ever told the SAFETY to stay in his backpedal in cover 3  so he could get over the top of these plays, defend against 4 vert and so he could get down hill  AT THE CORRECT ANGLE to provide secondary run support after the ball carrier crossed the line of scrimmage.   

THE safety also has to stay in his backpedal because he is the primary read key in a 4 VERTICAL play.   If THE SAFETY flips his hips and runs with one of the 2 inside receivers the qb simply throws to the other WR.  SO if he stay's in his backpedal at the snap of the ball he forces the qb 1. either tuck it and run, or 2.  make a throw that the SAFETY can break on and possibly intercept.   

THE corners  stay in their backpedal reading 2 an 1.... if 1 goes vertical and their cushion is gone they have to flip their hips, and get hip to hip with the 1 Wr, almost leaning  on their vertical route to force a deep outside throw at that position.  ( By this point you would always be looking off into space so I was pretty sure you weren't listening) If 1 wr plays short route, they're to look for 2 working in over the top of them,<< My favorite route to cover as a corner in Cover 3 because recognizing it meant big hit on 1 or picking off 2.   

Never once did I tell your corners to stay in their backpedal the entire play, and not flip their hips and run with the Reciever, If I did this I wouldn't have played the first down of college ball...

Kinda like when you kept telling your coaches to make the corners primary pitch players in a Cover 3 which is not how the coverage was designed to play.   They are and will always be secondary run and pitch players in a cover 3 as they are by design there to defend the pass. 

This is the way my position coaches,  Sean Hayes(Current head coach of Maryville College)  ,  Cody Bowers(late MC legend), and Corey Gaines( former Defensive back of University of Tennessee) taught me cover 3.     

They say imitation is the finest form of flattery, and I'm no football genius never ever claimed to be, I know what I know, and I stick to what I know, all I did was imitate what great people before me did and taught me. 

Oh and one more thing , since I've saved the best for last:  

Stating to parents, uncles, relatives of players, coaches that  I host parties and get students drunk and high on my parents property,(when I don't even live in Grundy County) is not only slanderous to me, but to them as well.  Go ahead and ask people who work in that school what happens when they're done wrong.   Also,    Stating that I traffick drugs from Colorado is also objectively false and is slander.      

These actions are also against the ethics clause laid out in the Employee handbook, Though I doubt you've ever read it.  And considering the Director of schools  has recently had to deal with her own issues of slander and libel.   I doubt, even as your friend, she is going to defend your slanderous statements, that are contrary to the conduct of an employee as outlined in the employee handbook.   

These are two HUGE accusations you better be ready to prove in a court of law, and since I know they're outright lies GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All that aside... I still can't believe I'm about to say this but... Good luck tonight, and I hope you get Big win number 3 in year number 3.  Even though you never deserved the first two and have stolen countless more from those kids with your lack of preparation, and failure to accept the opinion's of the entirety of your staff, who then other 1-2 people have all left you. 

If not maybe you'll finally get a chance to make more money, in one of those countless job offers you get to coach outside the county that you're always bragging about.

Edited by Grundyplayer

12 minutes ago, Grundyplayer said:

Since its been brought to my attention by parents of current players and almost all your former ones that have transferred...

I've never once told the DB's to stay in their backpedal the entire play.   True to yourself, you listened to 1/4 of what I said and ignored the other 75% because you were in lala land thinking about how great you were...

See the entire time I was there, for half of it, and much to my dismay, You only ran 1 coverage. Cover 3.   We didn't add any other coverages (again against my advice, and Ken Colquettes) until after dead period. Now I know, without a doubt in my mind,  why Colquette pulled me aside and said I would have to be patient with you, that you didn't understand this, or the split back veer, and I would have to give you time to see why I was suggesting the things I'm suggesting.... Right after that you decided to call him a dumb drunk old man, to me and part of the coaching staff and said he was a spy for Whitwell telling Coach White your secret shotgun package that was only 4 plays Chris Pickett designed to be used against 4 coverages.  True story!!!!!!    

In a cover 3 the 2 pass plays that exploit that coverage are 4 verticals and smash style routes,(WHERE No.1 one runs a 4-5 yard hitch and the number 2 works over THE TOP OF the corners 1/3 zone .)
   I only ever told the SAFETY to stay in his backpedal in cover 3  so he could get over the top of these plays, defend against 4 vert and so he could get down hill  AT THE CORRECT ANGLE to provide secondary run support after the ball carrier crossed the line of scrimmage.   

THE safety also has to stay in his backpedal because he is the primary read key in a 4 VERTICAL play.   If THE SAFETY flips his hips and runs with one of the 2 inside receivers the qb simply throws to the other WR.  SO if he stay's in his backpedal at the snap of the ball he forces the qb 1. either tuck it and run, or 2.  make a throw that the SAFETY can break on and possibly intercept.   

THE corners  stay in their backpedal reading 2 an 1.... if 1 goes vertical and their cushion is gone they have to flip their hips, and get hip to hip with the 1 Wr, almost leaning  on their vertical route to force a deep outside throw at that position.  ( By this point you would always be looking off into space so I was pretty sure you weren't listening) If 1 wr plays short route, they're to look for 2 working in over the top of them,<< My favorite route to cover as a corner in Cover 3 because recognizing it meant big hit on 1 or picking off 2.   

Never once did I tell your corners to stay in their backpedal the entire play, and not flip their hips and run with the Reciever, If I did this I wouldn't have played the first down of college ball...

Kinda like when you kept telling your coaches to make the corners primary pitch players in a Cover 3 which is not how the coverage was designed to play.   They are and will always be secondary run and pitch players in a cover 3 as they are by design there to defend the pass. 

This is the way my position coaches,  Sean Hayes(Current head coach of Maryville College)  ,  Cody Bowers(late MC legend), and Corey Gaines( former Defensive back of University of Tennessee) taught me cover 3.     

They say imitation is the finest form of flattery, and I'm no football genius never ever claimed to be, I know what I know, and I stick to what I know, all I did was imitate what great people before me did and taught me. 

Stating to parents, uncles, relatives of players, coaches that  I host parties and get students drunk and high on my parents property,(when I don't even live in Grundy County) is not only slanderous to me, but to them as well.  Go ahead and ask people who work in that school what happens when they're done wrong.   Also,    Stating that I traffick drugs from Colorado is also objectively false and is slander.      

These actions are also against the ethics clause laid out in the Employee handbook, Though I doubt you've ever read it.  And considering the Director of schools  has recently had to deal with her own issues of slander and libel.   I doubt, even as your friend, she is going to defend your slanderous statements, that are contrary to the conduct of an employee as outlined in the employee handbook.   

These are two HUGE accusations you better be ready to prove in a court of law, and since I know they're outright lies GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All that aside... I still can't believe I'm about to say this but... Good luck tonight, and I hope you get Big win number 3 in year number 3.  Even though you never deserved the first two and have stolen countless more from those kids with your lack of preparation, and failure to accept the opinion's of the entirety of your staff, who then other 1-2 people have all left you. 

If not maybe you'll finally get a chance to make more money, in one of those countless job offers you get to coach outside the county that you're always bragging about.

You just went way over his head with football lesson. Very good a detailed about how to play DB. You should try coaching. Oh my bad you did, and was a good coach at that. Don't waist your time on someone so shallow. 2-19 and all the bull that's happened speaks for itself. Intelligent people already know what's going on. I just hate it that you were treated that way because my boys and most players on that team liked you as their coach. 

1 hour ago, Grundyplayer said:

I would highly doubt the Director of Schools would hold Tate accountable. He gets away with whatever so he thinks he is above the rules. He has ruined student athletes left and right that have had to stay in Grundy, but nothing matters. What county is even considering offering him a job?

• Upvote 1