Ensworth at Webb

Spartan4Life

12 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

This game was more competitive than the final score indicates. Webb trailer 21-14 with a chance to tie with 8 minutes left in the fourth. Ensworth stops them on downs and adds two late scores on a gassed and banged up Webb team. Final 35-14.  

Biggest news of the day is Webb played the entire game without the most talented kid on the field. Elijah Howard pulled his hamstring on the second play of the game and missed the entire game. Would have really liked to see this game with Webb's best player on the field. But that's football. I like where we are. I think we will compete for a gold ball as long as we stay healthy. 

Hopefull Howard will be good to go next week against another power in McCallie. 

I hated to see Howard go down. I was watching the live stream prior to the CPA start and saw him limping a little going off the field and had hoped it was just temporary. Even if it's a low grade hamstring it will take a few weeks before he can run well again, but he should be good to go well before the playoffs. 

I thought Ensworth would be prepared against the misdirection plays, but from the little I saw that was not the case. As a fan (coaches and players don't look ahead ;)), I hope both our teams stay healthy and meet in the playoffs. I think it would be a really good game. 

12 minutes ago, bcd said:

I hated to see Howard go down. I was watching the live stream prior to the CPA start and saw him limping a little going off the field and had hoped it was just temporary. Even if it's a low grade hamstring it will take a few weeks before he can run well again, but he should be good to go well before the playoffs. 

I thought Ensworth would be prepared against the misdirection plays, but from the little I saw that was not the case. As a fan (coaches and players don't look ahead ;)), I hope both our teams stay healthy and meet in the playoffs. I think it would be a really good game. 

I think so too! I think CPA is really really good. I hope you guys keep beating the out of conference teams and represent for our division. If Howard can't go against McCallie I'm afraid we will have another L next week. Hate that we couldn't be full strength against the toughest teams on the regular season schedule.  

aman brother.....kinda feel the same way...tho thats not the case with Ensworth....but with those Baylors and McCallies they can definately rotate them out there.....but sum of their fans dont see it........we dont have to play them either; but we do and thats OK

.....hopin Howard gets healed up before our matchup

Booger just sayin :thumb: