York @ Grundy

Classless

We had questionable hires at MC for a while. Some who were not ready to be a HC. I can remember one who was at the school board meeting you guys had last year about firing Tate. His remark was "people at MC hate Coach Mathis". That couldn't be further from the truth. Not everyone is going to like everything a coach does but I am thankful for Coach Mathis. How many teams you see these days kneel before the kickoff and are led in prayer by a coach. Post-game is the same way. He took full responsibility for the loss at SC last week. He ALWAYS tells the kids in his post game speech that "The scoreboard doesn't define you as a man, it may define you as a player but not as a man" and he follows it up with saying the scoreboard doesn't define the opposing players that way either. 

Edited by PurplePower68

4 hours ago, BamaRules said:

It's a very sad situation up here. It's a total embarrassment for this county and our kids  hearing how people from surrounding counties talk about us. The current leadership sure brags in the paper about how good things are here though.

Hey bama what's the odds you'll change that name to gators rule lol

40 minutes ago, bwhite1965 said:

Wow. That's top notch. I imagine Grider and Caine are similar.

Sounds much like our program at South Pittsburg. Our kids take charter buses everywhere except Marion or Whitwell. They have been doing these types of things for a very long time. The QB Club does a lot for the program. There is no telling what they spend on overnight trips, pregame meals, post game meals, equipment, cleats, etc. 

21 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Sounds much like our program at South Pittsburg. Our kids take charter buses everywhere except Marion or Whitwell. They have been doing these types of things for a very long time. The QB Club does a lot for the program. There is no telling what they spend on overnight trips, pregame meals, post game meals, equipment, cleats, etc. 

People don't realize what it takes to run a top notch program. I had no clue really. The things we do don't happen from selling tickets to the game. It's hard work and tireless effort by parents, fans, volunteers and so on. We are blessed to have that at our schools.

39 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

Hey bama what's the odds you'll change that name to gators rule lol

Not a chance. But I sure would love to see a class act coach like Mathis, Caine or Grider in all our programs in Grundy. Our kids sure deserve better that's for sure. 

Edited by BamaRules

29 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

People don't realize what it takes to run a top notch program. I had no clue really. The things we do don't happen from selling tickets to the game. It's hard work and tireless effort by parents, fans, volunteers and so on. We are blessed to have that at our schools.

It's a proven fact people follow winners. That's why our crowds at all our events are suffering.   We really counted on the gates from the 3 Marion County teams to help our football  program but since we couldn't beat them we schedule teams that brings 30 fans. But hey we got a win. 

9 minutes ago, BamaRules said:

It's a proven fact people follow winners. That's why our crowds at all our events are suffering.   We really counted on the gates from the 3 Marion County teams to help our football  program but since we couldn't beat them we schedule teams that brings 30 fans. But hey we got a win. 

Yes sir they do. In case you were wondering where I was I sit on the visitors side at every game. I can see better in grundys visiting side 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BamaRules said:

Agree completely!

7 hours ago, Grundyplayer said:

We're gonna score more then 12 points...   We actually got a couple kids that are very good on offense, both Nunley boys, nance, Hackworth, cash.   If they keep from shooting themselves in the foot early we'll be in this thing late.    If York  likes to play between the tackles then that's where we wear down as of late no real size...  Lusk has turned into a pretty good football player defensively he's another to keep an eye on...

The nunley brothers are very good athletes and with cash behind center that combination could be deadly but them three cant do it alone lets just see how the play calling goes...