Waverly vs Fairview

rednecktiger31

I freaking love that Waverly's coaching staff wanted to maintain this rivalry. Never a hesitation from Waverly. Throw 2A vs 3A out the window. This game has been  great the last few years. Glad to see Waverly's program back. Big fan of the town, the fans, and for 364 days a year, their team. We lost talent and heart to graduation that could never be replaced. Next man up has to step up in this one. 

Edited by Jacketman89

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Hmmm.  I was talking to pizzpatriot and he said Page had 2 TDS called back and dropped a wide open TD in the end zone.  That is a 35 point margin.  The RB must be pretty darn good lol...  Waverly always has athletes but Fairview seems to be getting more and more athletes.  Should be a fun game

I don't remember two called back, but the wide open drop in the end zone is fact. The new guy is a baller but it doesn't change the Page game. Page is a good ball club. Just came in and beat us. 

20 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Hmmm.  I was talking to pizzpatriot and he said Page had 2 TDS called back and dropped a wide open TD in the end zone.  That is a 35 point margin.  The RB must be pretty darn good lol...  Waverly always has athletes but Fairview seems to be getting more and more athletes.  Should be a fun game

Incorrect Page dropped two 4th down passes for TDs. Should have been caught. But bounced right off of him. Only difference in the game. Was that yall returned 2 of your 4 interceptions back for tds. We returned 0 of our 4 or 5 interceptions. 

2 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I have also heard that Fairview is growing quickly and may move to 4A very soon.  I was hoping they would be in with us but I have heard we are up to over 1200 kids now.  We are bigger than than the 8 smallest 5A schools.  Glad they didn't take this years numbers...lol

Yeh Fairview has a while until they hit 1200. I can see us being 4A in a couple of yeara. 

On 9/6/2017 at 7:15 AM, Swarm said:

I'm not sure if they're as good as last year but they also might be better. I haven't seen enough to say yet. I'll say this though. Don't be surprised if you Tiger fans are scratching your heads Friday night wondering what happened. Again. 

This makes the 4th year in a row that Waverly is going to put it on us. "Their offense is too explosive" "They score at will" "They can't be stopped" etc. I'm having deja-vu here...

They can and will score but I can't say that you guys won't either. You jacket fans will be surprised at how much this offense has grown. We took some steps back on defense but if coach has made the correct changes that needs to be made on that side of the ball I think you jackets will be the ones scratching your heads ... 

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

They can and will score but I can't say that you guys won't either. You jacket fans will be surprised at how much this offense has grown. We took some steps back on defense but if coach has made the correct changes that needs to be made on that side of the ball I think you jackets will be the ones scratching your heads ... 

When has Waverly ever stopped Fairview offense? Seems to me Hughes has the edge. Don't get me wrong yall killed Camden. But they aren't even close to the camden of past. heck even their fans said they would be awful this year before season even started. Yall played a close one against Huntingdon. Hats off for that one. Wish yall would have won to be honest. Waverly hasn't beat Fairview in 2002.  That's 15 years. Unless I'm missing one in between but as far as I can remember it was 2002. You sure you got what it takes this year? You say you do every year but it never happens. If yall win my hat is off to yall. And I will most definitely sit at the dinner table and eat my crow Haha. I just hope it's very competitive game with low penalties and injury. Best of luck. 

13 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Like I told you last year. We're happy to settle it on the field. If Waverly wins, we'll congratulate you and move on to Camden. Gracious in victory, gracious in defeat.

My satirical point was many Waverly fans (not all of them but many) strut around like bahne roosters every year talking about how theyre too much for Fairview. Yet, have yet to pull off a victory. 

In any case, it will be a hard fought, emotional game. I hope both teams leave it all on the field and avoid injury. 

My prediction, Fairview wins again 44-41. 

45 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Swarm and slim I have to talk a little smack to make it fun. You guys bring it every yr. My son was a senior last yr and I really thought last yr was our yr. I don't mind eating a little crow every now and then. But we will see in a few hours who will be eating. Safe travels to you guys.

Thanks buddy. It's all good. Hoping for another barnburner. Wouldn't expect anything less.