Bledsoe @ Grundy

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, ImaSavage said:

They need someone who's never stepped foot into the county for any sports, other then to compete against.  I once thought contrary, but Grundy County suffers from one of the worst cases of Blue Crab syndrome I've ever seen.    Its long past time to ditch the Big 8 and have it as a k-5 developmental program.   Its time to build a Middle School that is located near the high school.  Its time to hire an AD that approaches his job like someone running a business.   Its time to Hire a principal that doesn't tell their students, Honors classes are full.     

Grundy can honestly be summed up through my softball experiences in Altamont.      When I first joined the ole Altamont Softball league there were enough kids for 3 teams.   The teams were drawn up through the wackiest thought process I had ever heard.  First coach got to pick their entire team, 2nd coach got to pick their entire team, 3rd team got what was left.       The first team, as you can imagine walloped the entire league.  The 2nd team occasionally was competitive with the first, and always beat the last.  The last didn't win a game.      When my father asked the League officials about their thought process to fairly choosing teams it was stated "This is the way its always been done, and its the older boys turn to win."      The Grundy County Mantra "Its their turn to win".  If only I had known that winning was about taking turns, and not about better preparation, not about losing to better competitors, not about making yourself better, but just waiting on my turn to succeed.     

Grundy County is going to have to address many ugly truth's about itself before it can succeed again. Some of these are going to be unpopular but ultimately its what many schools outside ours do.     

1. The Big 8 Program needs to be abolished and turned into a developmental program for k-5.   Allowing more individual coaching time with younger athletes will result in a higher amount of athletes being able to perform at high levels later in their youth.  Motor skills are important, and Grundy County is one school system that does very little to address this. 

2.  There needs to be a middle school built in proximity to the current High School. 

3.   There needs to be an addition of low cost athletic programs that supplement other sports by developing athletic potential.  Powerlifting & Track and field are at the top of that list.   

4.  There needs to be an addition of an ACTUAL dual enrollment program for kids seeking to further themselves in college.   

5.  Kids need to be given more classroom option's and extracurricular activities.   

6.  A weight room that is not the field house needs to be established inside the actual High school.

7.  Satellite learning centers:  With internet access, with tutors, teachers, etc  need to be placed near or in the Elementary schools to help with the logistical difficulties of navigating this wide open county.   They need to be based around advancing writing, math, and comprehension of literature. 

8.  Should probably explore going to a year round system.   

9. Should base advancement off the abilities of kids that display mastery, allowing teachers more time to address students that have learning disabilities, or  developmental shortcomings. 

10.  Should be searching inside the school system for maintenance of itself.   Kids whom are in vocational settings should be doing tasks around campus, and schools, that they are capable of doing.   This provides free on the job training, giving kids who do not want to attend college or vocational school skills they can use to compete with in the workforce.  It also instills a sense of pride for the facilities that we have.

11.  Should develop a school newspaper for the journalism classes to promote a sense of self pride, led by the kids for the kids. 

12.  Should double down on policy's that deal with Nepotism, as well as think about expanding them in some capacities.

13. Should make the director of schools an elected position with a short term and minimal educational requirements being at least a Masters Degree.  

14.  Should hire a sports training staff that is to assist in the development of Student Athletes workout programs for purposes of pre-hab work, as well as having representatives of this staff on the sidelines at all sporting events.  The staff should have its own facilities, and will be responsible for development of rehabilitation of any athlete injured during a sporting event. They and they alone will have the final say as to whether a kid is capable of competing while injured.  (This is one I'm very partial to, because I'd likely not have a seizure disorder resulting from a buttload of untreated concussions I had as a freshman during my first fall football camp.)   You get 0 extra points for competing hurt, and all those people who pat you on the back for playing hurt as a kid, are not there in life later on to help you get out of bed in the morning or to help you pay for your healthcare.   Unhealthy Athletes do not perform as well as healthy ones.   You would  also see a decrease in shoulder, knee, back, ankle  and other common injuries in sports, with proper lifting programs, and prehab work.    (Many of these injuries are a result of a lack of upper back, lower back, and hamstring work in their workouts) 

I got more, but honestly, I'm tired of trying to say what the rest of the world does to people on the Island that is Grundy County.       People will say, "We can't afford a lot of this", and to those people I would say, but you can afford a bright and new shiney jail with all the bells and whistles  to put all the ones you failed in eh ????    

The reality is, you're at the point you CAN'T afford to not do it.   

The director's job cannot be an elected position per state law, but you can change other requirements. 

12 hours ago, ImaSavage said:

Strike that....

Don't be mad at the coach. The director,board members, A.D,and the ones who hired him is the ones that need replaced. If you caused this mess or support it you have no business trying to do what's best for the kids of your county. One good thing is your next 4 opponent are1-14 you should win 2 of these without coaching. When is the last time Grundy won the district in baseball? Been loaded with talent on the diamond and failed just as bad.

1 hour ago, Svfan said:

Don't be mad at the coach. The director,board members, A.D,and the ones who hired him is the ones that need replaced. If you caused this mess or support it you have no business trying to do what's best for the kids of your county. One good thing is your next 4 opponent are1-14 you should win 2 of these without coaching. When is the last time Grundy won the district in baseball? Been loaded with talent on the diamond and failed just as bad.

Well that's a first...  

And I couldn't tell you a thing about baseball.  I know very little of the sport.       

Edited by ImaSavage

10 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

Casey is a joke. 3-21 what else does he have to do to prove he's not a coach? He's even a worse teacher. Jones spends more time at l an l than class room. People wonder why Grundy sports are headed into the gutter?

Jnutz2,

You are correct....Casey is a joke.  He needs to resign if he has any pride (which I don't think he does)

I disagree with you about Coach Jones.  He is a great coach.  I think with Coach Dees has been pulling him down and now with him not in the mix anymore with baseball, everyone  will notice a difference with the program.

Back to football......I know your opinion on Coach Tate, but what about the other coaches?  When you have mentioned them in previous posts you always leave out a couple of them.  So here is the list of who is on the sidelines.

Coach Brewer, Coach Barger, Coach Jones, Coach Meeks, Coach Romans, Coach McNeese, and Coach Brown.

You will also see Gary Don Melton and Henry Melton on the sidelines.

24 minutes ago, Workforit247 said:

Jnutz2,

You are correct....Casey is a joke.  He needs to resign if he has any pride (which I don't think he does)

I disagree with you about Coach Jones.  He is a great coach.  I think with Coach Dees has been pulling him down and now with him not in the mix anymore with baseball, everyone  will notice a difference with the program.

Back to football......I know your opinion on Coach Tate, but what about the other coaches?  When you have mentioned them in previous posts you always leave out a couple of them.  So here is the list of who is on the sidelines.

Coach Brewer, Coach Barger, Coach Jones, Coach Meeks, Coach Romans, Coach McNeese, and Coach Brown.

You will also see Gary Don Melton and Henry Melton on the sidelines.

Your probably right. I never thought about that. Brad Dees is definitely not a solution to anything. All he does is cry on my brothers shoulders instead of coming to me. I have no respect for him or Tate.

We both know the school board is a joke.  I don't know Barger, but I've talked to the players because I've coached these kids since they were little boys. They come to me all the time and I hear the same thing. They like Barger, Virgil, and brewer. If Tate (I'll never call him a coach because he's not) only knew how many kids on that team hates him he'd step down. I listen to these kids because nobody else will. They have a voice and want to be heard so I'll do it for them and I don't care who I make mad doing it. 

Edited by Jnutz2