FCS @ Goodpasture

GoldTrident

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is not the cougars run defense. They faced a really good running back in Memphis Briarcrest. Missing both starting linebackers. Also In their other two early season opponents it wasn't the run game that gave the cougars trouble. It has been their opponents passing attack. In addition the cougars were missing one of their starting corners this past week plus they're getting a starter back in the secondary off injury that has not play the entire season. 

The bigger question is can the cougars mount any kinda off passing offense? They have more interceptions than completions relying heavily on the run. The inability of the cougars to stay on offense has lead to the cougars being highly out scored. 

18 minutes ago, Gville said:

The problem is not the cougars run defense. They faced a really good running back in Memphis Briarcrest. Missing both starting linebackers. Also In their other two early season opponents it wasn't the run game that gave the cougars trouble. It has been their opponents passing attack. In addition the cougars were missing one of their starting corners this past week plus they're getting a starter back in the secondary off injury that has not play the entire season. 

The bigger question is can the cougars mount any kinda off passing offense? They have more interceptions than completions relying heavily on the run. The inability of the cougars to stay on offense has lead to the cougars being highly out scored. 

GP couldn't stop DCAs run game until they ran dive play after dive play to run the clock late. DCA was considerably better passing than GP but didn't throw it much after being up so much. 

FCS, I assume, will be committed to the run so they have a chance to be very successful here. GP is struggling defending the pass and passing themselves so this could be a long game for them.

FCS is much much bigger and more talented so they are a solid favorite IMO. 

2 hours ago, CFAfan said:

This game was a little closer than I thought. I'm assuming that could be due to FCS lack of a passing game? Love to hear a recap on this one.

Two FC backs combined for 236 yards rushing while compiling a total of 302 yards on the ground.  FC's first score was a 15 yard pass play.  The FC Oline was too much for the Cougars.  Score was 21-0, FC going into the 4th.  While GP moved the ball at times with the passing game, they also gave up two picks one of which was a 70 yard TD return.  The Cougars fought hard and never gave up.  Wish them the best as they move forward.